Page 394 of 528 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,820 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The studio version was only available on a 20 year old import CD single that was most likely out of print. To remaster it and throw it on the 2010 version of PHM was at least throwing a bone to the diehards...Twist, MJO and PF probably were never even recorded during the PHM sessions...Now if he really wanted to do a deluxe box set for PHM, then he could put out a whole disc of demos and unreleased stuff that I am sure he has in the vault (like those demos Atkins was hawking on ebay a few years back) but since when has NIN ever gotten a deluxe box set reissue for anything....So 1 extra song is about as good as its gonna get, so minds well embrace it
    Dude, it was on iTunes et al. It was, for some reason, one of the few NIN singles available digitally

And TDS' deluxe box was lovely

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Dude, it was on iTunes et al. It was, for some reason, one of the few NIN singles available digitally

And TDS' deluxe box was lovely
    It was? No b sides at all. 3 decent demos compiled with a bunch of songs that are easily available on singles and EPs and remix albums....It was pretty half ass compared to what other bands do

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think it was a very good release on a casual level, in the sense that people who don't come to ETS got a lot of material they likely would never have come across otherwise. Say you're a guy who bought and liked TDS in the 90s but didn't really keep up with NIN. You see a Deluxe Edition reissue, pick it up to reminisce, and then there's a bunch of weird new shit on the second disc? Score. Maybe that guy even becomes a NIN fan, though I'm not really sure that anything on the second disc would be enough to convert someone if TDS itself didn't. But who knows.

On a hardcore level, sure, it wasn't much, but I get the sense that Trent didn't have a ton to do with it, unless he's said otherwise. I agree that other bands have put more effort into deluxe reissues (Smashing Pumpkins comes to mind most recently, though there are countless others), but plenty of others do things like re-release the exact same master in weird limited edition packaging with no other bonuses (thanks Tool).

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    He did toss in Get Down, Make Love on the remaster. That was an obscure B side
    Not really an obscure b-side. Trent's referring to stuff we possibly haven't heard yet. Although, tbh "snippets" sounds like it's unfinished work, or maybe it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't think a song NIN played live and was easily downloadable is obscure. Unlike, say ... Slate, Twist, Purest Feeling and Maybe Just Once
    Don't forget the original version of Kinda I Want To! ♥

The studio version was only available on a 20 year old import CD single that was most likely out of print.
    The Sin single was widely available in both US and UK territories. Easy to find even now on ebay or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Maybe AATCHB is similar to La Mer in terms of meaning to Trent, so he finds it hard to play.
    Possibly, but he's played La Mer a ton live.

It was? No b sides at all. 3 decent demos compiled with a bunch of songs that are easily available on singles and EPs and remix albums....It was pretty half ass compared to what other bands do
    The entire album was also remixed in 5.1. Sounds amazing on a good system. I admit I was a little disappointed at the time. It'd have been cool to hear an unreleased song like 'Just Do It'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I miss Rob Sheridan’s graphics on the nin.com website. I find the new site too minimalistic.

NIN’s live shows feed my soul like no other live show. When I tell people this I preempt it by saying this is a serious statement. I mostly get met with a nonchalant or perplexed reaction. I’m surrounded by people that don’t understand the power of live music. NIN is the only band I consume as many live shows as work and vacation time allow during one tour.
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 11-30-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If Deviations 2 is an actual event that takes place and if it is indeed The Downward Spiral (Oh please! Oh please!), I will be really bummed if March Of The Pigs doesn't include the extra outro played in the live version. I am always disappointed at how the album version ends after hearing this song live. I would LOVE a studio version of the song with that outro!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    If Deviations 2 is an actual event that takes place and if it is indeed The Downward Spiral (Oh please! Oh please!), I will be really bummed if March Of The Pigs doesn't include the extra outro played in the live version. I am always disappointed at how the album version ends after hearing this song live. I would LOVE a studio version of the song with that outro!
    take "march of the pigs" and "all the pigs all lined up" and smoosh 'em together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    I miss Rob Sheridan’s graphics on the nin.com website. I find the new site too minimalistic.
    I agree. It doesn't really feel all that NIN to me. I do appreciate them for not trying to copy him, though

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I would like to admit that I actually still sometimes can not believe how much of an impact Nine Inch Nails had on me emotionally and mentally since 2002. I know it's because I'm very much entertained, while being able to relate to his work on a personal level, but it certainly has helped me in many cases when I had absolutely zero people to converse and vent with, or cases where I had serious trouble expressing certain emotions the right/safe way.

I can't put my finger on it altogether, but the way NIN has touched my heart, mind and soul and/or what have you is very unique to me. Not that this is anything new from a NIN fan, but Trent Reznor truly is a godsend in the world of music and then some.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-01-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: I know that I've stated this type of sentiment several times over the past few years, but it just occurred to me yet again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I would like to admit that I actually still sometimes can not believe how much of an impact Nine Inch Nails had on me emotionally and mentally since 2002. I know it's because I'm very much entertained, while being able to relate to his work on a personal level, but it certainly has helped me in many cases when I had absolutely zero people to converse and vent with, or cases where I had serious trouble expressing certain emotions the right/safe way.

I can't put my finger on it altogether, but the way NIN has touched my heart, mind and soul and/or what have you is very unique to me. Not that this is anything new from a NIN fan, but Trent Reznor truly is a godsend in the world of music and then some.
    Also same. It's hard to put into words how obsessed I was with NIN, particularly from 1994-2002. The first ten years of my life, I had not heard anything that came close to music like that. I became consumed with it. I'm pretty sure the first CD I got was the "Closer to God" single. I can remember listening to it on a Gateway 2000. That opening, ultra-manipulated drum machine sound. The bizarre photograph of the centipede with that strange green-yellow hue. The incredible, mysterious, unplaceable sounds of many of the remixes. I was hooked. I had to get a cassette dub of TDS and hide it in my room because my mom refused to let me buy the album. There aren't many albums/EPs I played as much as the TDS-era releases. I remember the two year gap between FTDS and TPD as a kid (two years is forever when you're 11 and 12). I listened to The Fragile so many times when it first came out, and have returned to it often in both bad and good times. It's the perfect album for isolation, self-imposed or otherwise. I pretty much started making music on my own on a computer because I had read the "nine inch nails is trent reznor" credit on the PHM artwork after a couple of bands I was in in middle school broke up. I don't always know how much of Trent's image is real or exaggerated, but it does sound like the music of someone who at least feels separate from others, if not alone. It feels oddly convincing even though it's very theatrical. Even after hearing some of the influences (like Coil), there still isn't anything like it I've come across. It sounds both like pop music and "underground" at the same time. My life has been pretty difficult at times but I feel grateful for getting to be a kid when NIN broke – the 90s in general had some amazing, diverse, great music and is kind of the last full decade of the old music industry.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Where Is Everybody? (Version) is fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    At Barnes & Noble w/ my 20% off coupon, I purchased CD copies of Not the Actual Violence and Add Violence as it's now part of my CD collection that is missing the scores for Gone Girl, Patriot Day, Before the Flood, and Vietnam War as well as the singles for Only and Survivalism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    At Barnes & Noble w/ my 20% off coupon, I purchased CD copies of Not the Actual Violence and Add Violence as it's now part of my CD collection
    whats your opinion on the CD booklet for NTAE?
    i like that they kept the theme of the physical components but....could they have resized stuff so the lyrics fit on 1-2 pages? so basically 2 pages per song was asking too much? /shrug

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    whats your opinion on the CD booklet for NTAE?
    i like that they kept the theme of the physical components but....could they have resized stuff so the lyrics fit on 1-2 pages? so basically 2 pages per song was asking too much? /shrug
    I haven't opened them yet. It's a birthday present for me.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yup, I bought the NTAE and AV CDs for myself from B&N as well. Playing them as I type this. Merry Christmas to me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Where Is Everybody? (Version) is fucking amazing.
    WHERE/IS/EVERYBODY

::Telefon Tel Aviv bleeps & bloops extravaganza commences::

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone else think the Definitive Editions of With Teeth, Year Zero, and The Slip would be out by now? I thought the hold up was the previous bush-league store managers but Live Nation seems to be doing their job.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    They'll be announced on Dec 31. You know the drill.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I would have figured it was going to be one of those "just in time for x-mas!" deals. Well, they're on my list either way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    While we're talking about awesome remixes, Ruiner (Version) is vastly different but just as awesome as the original.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    agreed! Ruiner (version) reminds me of skinny puppy. also Ruiner (version) and Heresy (version) are the best parts of Further down the spiral

i would also go as far to say that they are both the best remixes of the entire downward spiral era.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I would love for Trent to bring back a few of the FTDS/TFA (or even YZR now that it's so relevant) remixes in live shows (similar to playing one of the Closer remixes back in the 90's).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The Downward Spiral is the perfect record for the holiday season.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yo when da fuck is song exploder coming to something that isnt tidal?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    that "Red Horse Vector" bit in The Great Destroyer is much more prominent on mono bluetooth speakers. Still freaks me out. I remember hearing about it during the ARG, but never experienced it until recently after almost a decade of listening to the song.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    that "Red Horse Vector" bit in The Great Destroyer is much more prominent on mono bluetooth speakers. Still freaks me out. I remember hearing about it during the ARG, but never experienced it until recently after almost a decade of listening to the song.
    Wasn't it found when listening to the song in mono?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    yo when da fuck is song exploder coming to something that isnt tidal?
    Within the week it's usually posted on their website/podcast feed. Not in lossless though, that remains Tidal exclusive.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The Downward Spiral is the perfect record for the holiday season.
    It's funny because i have always thought the same thing...

TDS was a christmas present for me back in the 90's and i remember listening to it during Xmas, i've always linked this album to holiday season...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Wasn't it found when listening to the song in mono?
    I forget exactly. I thought it had something to do with the phase and swapping polarity or something, but maybe I'm overthinking it haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will there ever be a proper release of now i`m nothing??
    I want it soooo much.