Page 384 of 398 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,520 of 11911

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    With all due respect, I don't think it has anything to do with aesthetic choices. He remembers what state of mind he was in and can probably remember or at least tell by watching himself what he felt like back then and how fucked up he was. It's just not enjoyable to see video footage of yourself from the worst period of your life. I wouldn't say disowning as much as not wanting to revisit the past and be reminded of that time in his life.
    well yes, also, but that we don't know for sure. we know, but do we *know*?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Random nin thought while stoned: has the word MONEY been used in a nine inch nails song since head like a hole? With all the call backs lately, I think he should get some on part 3.
    It has not! http://apocalyptech.com/ninlyrics/in...ms_restrict=on

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    An alleged Charlie Clouser responds to the making of Starfuckers (sounds/looks too legit to not be him)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...arfuckers_inc/
    Not enough 'nucca's

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not enough 'nucca's

If it's not him then he's going to great lengths to play the imposter. There's a lot of detail in there, some of which I had never read before, so it seems like something you could check on.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    If it's not him then he's going to great lengths to play the imposter. There's a lot of detail in there, some of which I had never read before, so it seems like something you could check on.
    Thanks, I already did and was making a joke about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    NIN T-Shirt spotted during WWE.com photo shoot in New York City's Chinatown @ 0:37 seconds.

I do love me some Bliss, but it would've been major cooler if it was Nikki Cross.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I do love me some Bliss, but it would've been major cooler if it was Nikki Cross.
    I have the biggest crush on Alexa Bliss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    She's definitely on my Fave 5

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Ditto!
    This makes me love her even more!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Who doesn't love Alexa Bliss? She is so cool.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Sometimes I like to pretend Lenny Kravitz is doing backup vocals after the guitar solo in "The Wretched".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The very ending of Right Where it Belongs always makes me want to tear up… those piano notes. Feels like Trent was finally free after all the shit through Broken, TDS, Fragile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Trent, Closure turns 20 this year, so i have a very simple request: why the fuck don't you throw into fucking pirate bay the fucking complete further down the spiral show that never saw the fucking light? we know you still fucking have it since you added some mr self destruct footage to the fucking closure apendage...thanks!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    So, I made an interesting discovery today. The "DJ Edit" of Wish on Demos & Remixes is not the "No Bad Words Mix" which is the US radio edit. Rather, it is the "Radio Edit" which is longer, censored differently, and exclusive to UK promo vinyl.

That means tracks 10-12 on Demos & Remixes are all UK exclusive. As such, it's not unreasonable to hypothesize that the compiler of the bootleg lives in the U.K. Following that train of thought, I think it's possible that the leaked demos from tracks 1-5 came from the London sessions at Blackwing Studios with John Fryer, from someone who had access to them there.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was looking over my TDS Definitive Edition today, and it made me realize something that made me feel really dumb.

For the longest time, I thought that the text on the outer sleeve of TDS (I have the BMG edition) was purple. A very dark purple. I thought it was an interesting touch, and a complement to the blue text in the booklet - two colors that you might not expect to be associated with an album like TDS.

But now that I'm looking at the DE, I realized that it's always been just...brown. Something about the way the original is printed made it look purplish to me and I just accepted that, until today. Weird.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I was looking over my TDS Definitive Edition today, and it made me realize something that made me feel really dumb.

For the longest time, I thought that the text on the outer sleeve of TDS (I have the BMG edition) was purple. A very dark purple. I thought it was an interesting touch, and a complement to the blue text in the booklet - two colors that you might not expect to be associated with an album like TDS.

But now that I'm looking at the DE, I realized that it's always been just...brown. Something about the way the original is printed made it look purplish to me and I just accepted that, until today. Weird.
    There actually is a variant with purple text (if I remember correctly) that is the Dutch version of TDS on vinyl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really enjoying the Panorama webcast today; 'Less Than' is the mashing of 'Copy' and 'Hand that Feeds.' Ground-breaking it is not but frankly a band has to bring the bangers. This is kind of similarity is fine from my critical perspective as long as tracks like 'This isn't the Place' explore odd timing and keyboard textures.

YouTube commenters point out that Ross is adding details to things like the coda of 'Pigs.' Something sounding fresher, this must be it. Also a subtle surprise- the Closer piano coda with the meek, falsetto chorus is new and nicely done. I saw 'Copy' during the Tension Tour, this version has muscular drum fills, different delays on the vocal and lacks for sleekness, but its now rock and not minimal techno. Still think single edits of this one and 'Low' could've been radio hits.

'Gave Up' is ending and the band is getting free with the noise. Being a viewer of hundreds of noise shows and auxillary (Sp) player in a couple acts, I fully support NIN extending this kind of coda for minutes more.

Gorgeous cover of Bowie. Seems like 'Lovers' will replace 'Find my Way' as the weirdly IDM-influenced ballad. Wish (ahem) that a different dirge would replace 'Reptile,' never been a fan. 'She's Gone Away' would sound great in its place. Hopefully I will experience 'Burning Bright' on an amphitheater scale soundsystem someday, its an arena rock song congealed in Sludge metal (a la the Body). I find it very uplifting.

Back to the show
    Last edited by SarahConnor; 09-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now I'm onto this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4sP1CTuIjs

In retrospect, this tour seems legendary. However at the time it got a lukewarm reception yeah? I tried to round-up some friends to make an 8-hour round trip to St. Louis, on a school night no less, no takers. But wow that show would've set teen SarahConnor on a different path I'm sure. Too bad the tee shirts on eBay are pretty grim looking or else I'd buy one.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    ...as long as tracks like 'This isn't the Place' explore odd timing and keyboard textures...
    ok, you're the second person i've seen mention an "odd timing" aspect to "this isn't the place" and i'm really confused because that song is in straight 3/4 time. is there something i'm missing, or are y'all hallucinating?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ok, you're the second person i've seen mention an "odd timing" aspect to "this isn't the place" and i'm really confused because that song is in straight 3/4 time. is there something i'm missing, or are y'all hallucinating?
    I think they're talking about the 3/4 against 6/8 that becomes prominent at about 1:11 through 1:58, and then returns again later. (The song is 6/8, btw, not 3/4.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The very ending of Right Where it Belongs always makes me want to tear up… those piano notes. Feels like Trent was finally free after all the shit through Broken, TDS, Fragile
    That ending always gets to me too. Those quavering piano notes end With Teeth in such a perfect way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Burning Bright might have become my favourite NIN song, and the truth, I did not expect this at this point in Trent's career.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Burning Bright might have become my favourite NIN song, and the truth, I did not expect this at this point in Trent's career.
    Yes! I feel that way about that song and she's gone away. SGA is one of the juiciest nin songs ever. It drips of sexy synths, hypnotic drums and trent screaming. So damn good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    oh my god, I thought the same thing, those ending piano notes just feel like a release from pain that has gonne on for far too long. It always makes me tear up just thinking about it for some reason.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think they're talking about the 3/4 against 6/8 that becomes prominent at about 1:11 through 1:58, and then returns again later. (The song is 6/8, btw, not 3/4.)
    differentiating between 3/4 and 6/8 time is all about semantics, though, and more about personal perception.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    differentiating between 3/4 and 6/8 time is all about semantics, though, and more about personal perception.
    No, it's not simply multiplying by 2, and it's not about your feelings. This is music theory, and those two time signatures have different rhythms. If you don't know what the difference is, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzzQWMGCvHM

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    No, it's not simply multiplying by 2, and it's not about your feelings. This is music theory, and those two time signatures have different rhythms. If you don't know what the difference is, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzzQWMGCvHM
    welp, guess my guitar teacher in high school explained that to me backwards because i've gone the last 15 years thinking it was the opposite. i think the problem is also that, when i record in protools, whether i'm doing 3/4 or 6/8 time, i always set the meter at 3/4 so my measures aren't super long (makes it easier to edit later, if necessary). sorry for throwing misinformation out there and thanks for clearing that up for me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't know how I never came across this till tonight

https://youtu.be/t9wqzea1MKQ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, I made an interesting discovery today...
    Damn. For ages I've been looking out for rips of those promo edits, but never thought to look on one of those bootleg compilations - I'd always dismissed them for one reason or another. That'll teach me.
    Thanks for the info. Now to track down a copy...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Damn. For ages I've been looking out for rips of those promo edits, but never thought to look on one of those bootleg compilations - I'd always dismissed them for one reason or another. That'll teach me.
    Thanks for the info. Now to track down a copy...
    Just keep in the mind that the rips are OK, but the record player was the wrong speed (too slow). I forget exactly how much I had to speed them up (4-5%?) but you can gauge it by ear, comparing to the album version, if you have a good ear for pitch.