Page 418 of 512 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 468 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,540 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    You imagined it. There have been a ton of posts praising that song and people wanting to hear it live. I also remember reading posts liking it b/c its the heaviest song of all the new releases.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I also remember reading posts liking it b/c its the heaviest song of all the new releases.

“The Idea Of You” would like to have a word with, uhhh, you? I think Shit Mirror is heavier as well. Not Anymore is good though, and a bit on the heavier side.

Just realized the songs from the Trilogy I like the most arent getting much love. :/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not Anymore is a great new song and not just because it's so heavy (but that's definitely a plus). Creepy lyrics with a great hook, insane/emotional chorus, NIN exploring new sounds but recalling TDS sound/vibes. Would kick ass live.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The ending of Not Anymore..... holy fuck

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Woodstock '94 really was something else. This post-gig photo pretty much persuaded me to check out the music of NIN:

I had no idea what they sounded like, or even which one of them was Trent Reznor. I assumed it was Robin, cause he looked the most like a frontman here. But the implied danger and intensity in that photo roped me in and made me check out a couple of songs, after which there was no return. I still think it's the best photo of any of the live bands.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wasn't Robin working on a solo album like five years ago or so? C'mon man, we need it.
    Jumping a Shit Mirror vocals appreciation bandwagon here.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Watching The Lovers live, I noticed that I think there's kind of a musical callback to closer in it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Shit Mirror live gets a lot of well-deserved love these days, but one moment from the 2017-2018 touring cycle that I love equally is Trent’s scream during Reptile at Panorama.

Holy fuck, does it sound like he’s channeling all his pain into it. It’s not a particularly long or loud scream, but the way his voice breaks is so powerful and intense. It never fails to send shivers down my spine. There’s so much anger and hurt in that scream.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Shit Mirror live gets a lot of well-deserved love these days, but one moment from the 2017-2018 touring cycle that I love equally is Trent’s scream during Reptile at Panorama.

Holy fuck, does it sound like he’s channeling all his pain into it. It’s not a particularly long or loud scream, but the way his voice breaks is so powerful and intense. It never fails to send shivers down my spine. There’s so much anger and hurt in that scream.

Yep, this is fucking intense.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I think Gary Numan likes NIN’s version of “Metal” more than his own.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    I think Gary Numan likes NIN’s version of “Metal” more than his own.
    it's more in-line with his current style of music than the original version, for sure. i also prefer the NIN version, but in the context of "the pleasure principle", the original is perfect.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    so the northwest got shafted altogether on the upcoming tour, but tennessee alone got two shows? fuck off with that noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    so the northwest got shafted altogether on the upcoming tour, but tennessee alone got two shows? fuck off with that noise.
    2014 - August 29, Ridgefield, WA; August 30, Auburn, WA
    2013 - November 18, Portland, OR; November 19, Spokane, WA; November 21, Vancouver, BC; November 22, Seattle, WA

Do you want to compare notes with the upper plains/midwest?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    2014 - August 29, Ridgefield, WA; August 30, Auburn, WA
    2013 - November 18, Portland, OR; November 19, Spokane, WA; November 21, Vancouver, BC; November 22, Seattle, WA

Do you want to compare notes with the upper plains/midwest?
    you mean the dakotas? no one lives there. that's like wondering why there have never been shows in wyoming.

a seattle or portland show would have sold just as well as any other stop. and there are plenty of theaters where this tour would've fit in perfectly.
    Last edited by kel; 07-17-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    you mean the dakotas? no one lives there. that's like wondering why there have never been shows in wyoming.

a seattle or portland show would have sold just as well as any other stop. and there are plenty of theaters where this tour would've fit in perfectly.
    MN, WI, IA, ND, SD, NE, KS, MO

Add 'em up...I'll wait.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    MN, WI, IA, ND, SD, NE, KS, MO

Add 'em up...I'll wait.
    i don't know what you're asking me to do, but i'm not going to. and your insistence is weird.

i hope broswell is right.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There's some decent gaps in between some of the dates already listed. I wouldn't be surprised if they add a date or two for the northwest part of the country.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I fucking need a Kansas City date so bad. The first time I got to see NIN was in 2006, and currently this is the longest stretch (5 years) I've gone yet without seeing NIN live and it's driving me insane. I honestly don't see why they didn't get booked at the Midland. They could easily have sold out two nights there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I fucking need a Kansas City date so bad. The first time I got to see NIN was in 2006, and currently this is the longest stretch (5 years) I've gone yet without seeing NIN live and it's driving me insane. I honestly don't see why they didn't get booked at the Midland. They could easily have sold out two nights there.
    The Midland and Starlight are my favorite venues in KC, got NIN at Starlight once. I missed the 06 show (i did see the 05 STL show) damn what a set list that show had still is probably the biggest regret in life missing the 06 KC show. I decided in 2013 to never miss a tour (i missed LITS due to legal issues)so have traveled since 2013, never regreated it since. Traveled to Dallas,Chicago and Vegas since the last tour stop in KC and headed to Memphis in the fall. How about the set KC got in 09 DAMN GOOD and still feels like a once in a life time set for me.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 07-19-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    The Midland and Starlight are my favorite venues in KC, got NIN at Starlight once. I missed the 06 show (i did see the 05 STL show) damn what a set list that show had still is probably the biggest regret in life missing the 06 KC show. I decided in 2013 to never miss a tour (i missed LITS due to legal issues)so have traveled since 2013, never regreated it since. Traveled to Dallas,Chicago and Vegas since the last tour stop in KC and headed to Memphis in the fall. How about the set KC got in 09 DAMN GOOD and still feels like a once in a life time set for me.
    Yeah, KC was my first NIN concert (With Teeth at Kemper Arena) and I was hoping they would hit it up again because it's the closest major city to me and I probably could have made the in-person sale. Once we saw the calendar we thought about hitting up Chicago, but ultimately decided we didn't want to deal with parking and hotel stay in that city, so we chose Memphis instead.

Memphis is super easy to get around in and the Orpheum is a beautiful venue so I'm still pumped even with the drive. Chicago stresses me out a bit.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 07-20-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typos abound

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    we thought about hitting up Chicago, but ultimately decided we didn't want to deal with parking and hotel stay in that city, so we chose Memphis instead.

Memphis is super easy to get around in and the Orpheum is a beautiful venue so I'm still pumped even with the drive. Chicago stresses me out a bit.
    I'm glad I went last year but damn, I stayed in oak brooke and paid 95 bucks in cab fare. Hotels near down town are like 250 and up plus you have to pay to park. Chicago may just be too big for me,lol. I've been a lot of places from the east to the west and all the way to the southern boarder at South Pardre, but Chicago was just pricey and almost too big. Although I have yet to try NYC or LA. Went to LA as a kid but don't remember much.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 07-20-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'll just sit over here in Buffalo where he hasn't played since 99... where the closest regular stop is in a country they're not playing in at all this year... some of us have never seen NIN in our home state

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I'll just sit over here in Buffalo where he hasn't played since 99... where the closest regular stop is in a country they're not playing in at all this year... some of us have never seen NIN in our home state
    They have played in SD twice, once in 1995 in Sioux Falls, and the other in 2008 in Rapid City, which is on the other side of the state so I ended up going to Council Bluffs instead.

I was 12 years old in 1995 and was just barely starting to get into music, so yea

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Consider African NIN fans, never had a concert in the entire CONTINENT

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Whenever I mentioned NIN to someone in Egypt, they looked at me like they thought I was nuts. Big upbeat dance music scene over there.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I had a big discussion on Facebook with a bunch of my cousin's 20 year old friends about whether or not NIN is "relevant." ( They think it isn't of course.)
    But they haven't heard much of it.
    And I showed this one kid The Becoming. I think it traumatized him, he was like "yeah, yeah I can definitely hear the complexity of that. It's definitely brilliant. But JESUS dude, how can you listen to that on a regular basis. I'm not sure I ever want to hear it again."
    Lololol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I had a big discussion on Facebook with a bunch of my cousin's 20 year old friends about whether or not NIN is "relevant." ( They think it isn't of course.)
    And I showed this one kid The Becoming. I think it traumatized him, he was like "yeah, yeah I can definitely hear the complexity of that. It's definitely brilliant. But JESUS dude, how can you listen to that on a regular basis. I'm not sure I ever want to hear it again."
    Lololol
    You should play him the Still performance session of The Becoming to give him an appreciation of the song without all the extra layers and industrial noise

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Lololol
    I love that you mentioned this because I've always thought about age demographics whenever it came to interests in general. I can also definitely see that. It seems like the majority of Nine Inch Nails fans were born in the 1970s and 1980s. Since the 2010s have come and are about to be gone, I have noticed more and more fans born in the 1990s, but they too also seem to be born in the very early 1990s, or at least before 1995.

Anyway, even regardless of age, I've also always noticed that Nine Inch Nails is often a major hit or miss most of the time. However, I will say that I always enjoyed it when getting new listeners into Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and With Teeth became successful via birthday or Christmas presents.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Lololol
    You know something. This is exactly what my sister is saying as she is surrounded by people in their 20s and early 30s who probably listen to what is cool now and says that the only rock band that everyone knows are the Foo Fighters. She never liked NIN and she doesn't think they matter despite the fact that I waited more than 3 hours to get a ticket at the Fox Theater in May with a lot of other people who came as far as Alabama to South Carolina to get a ticket with some coming in late at night and waited a long time to get the tickets. I didn't get the tickets that day but I was able to get a ticket for a show a few days later through an online discount from the venue. She thinks what I did was just stupid and pointless. Yeah, this is coming from someone who had an election party nearly 2 years ago thinking Hilary was going to win.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    You know something. This is exactly what my sister is saying as she is surrounded by people in their 20s and early 30s who probably listen to what is cool now and says that the only rock band that everyone knows are the Foo Fighters. She never liked NIN and she doesn't think they matter despite the fact that I waited more than 3 hours to get a ticket ...
    Every generation and era has its run. Makes me think how as a kid I looked at the 70s disco scene and 60s hippie scene, and viewed the music and cultures almost as silly caricatures. Now I wonder if the current generation views my era of the depressed/self-loathing/suicidal grunge/goth/alt-rock stars in a similar silly self parody kind of way. But even if nin never again sees the relevance of the Woodstock 94 through TDS era, Trent has forged probable long-term relevance with the film scoring world.