Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    long time lurker -- thought i'd share with everyone my groomsman cake from my recent wedding:

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwt View Post
    long time lurker -- thought i'd share with everyone my groomsman cake from my recent wedding:
    I like how it reminds of Ghosts I-IV. Some cakes remind me of The Fragile. This just also reminded me that most Nine Inch Nails album covers sometimes get me thinking of food. Here's a few examples, and well, while totally random NIN thought, I guess it might as well go in this thread, since that's what it's about it. This is only one of the few places where I can openly admit something like this anyway.

Pretty Hate Machine - gelatin, gummy candy, jelly beans
    Broken - pizza, spaghetti
    The Downward Spiral - tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, bean dip
    The Fragile - steak, red wine, iced tea, sushi, cake
    And All That Could Have Been (Live) - coffee, iced cofee
    With Teeth - chocolate mint, green tea

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I'm a little frustrated by the fact the every single time I pre-order something from nin.com it shows up a good time AFTER the release date. Good hell. Does that seem backwards to anybody else?
    That's also one of my biggest qualms and concerns whenever it came to pre-ordering anything. It's why I usually prefer to wait a few days or a week after something comes out. And yes, that's very backwards.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-05-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I like how it reminds of Ghosts I-IV. Some cakes remind me of The Fragile. This just also reminded me that most Nine Inch Nails album covers sometimes get me thinking of food.
    The Fragile's cover, at least the right side always makes me think of beer in a pint glass with the NIN logo disappearing in the foam on the top.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    Never thought about it that way, but very cool. Too bad Pretty Hate Machine starts with a "P." In my mind, all the endings and beginnings of each album (that are in sequence, albeit) fit pretty well together.
    Being the anal person I am, my NIN playlists are broken down by album with the halo number prefixed to keep them in chronological order.

Quote Originally Posted by mwt View Post

God, I need that cake … sigh. Brownies with salted caramel will have to do.