Page 360 of 528 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,800 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd like to hear more about the fully (?) analog remastering process for all of the DEs that TR briefly mentioned on here somewhere.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Everything about the rollout of NTAE/the fragile rerelease/the reissues (minus the music) has been a gigantic bummer from the start. I was looking forward to new music/the fragile DE and in a way firebrand completely ruined the excitement for me. The music is dope, but fuck man, everything else got completely fucked and it almost ruined this entire era for me.
    The NTAE Era will be remembered as kickass and most of the Firebrand stuff will be remembered only by us who were here to witness it and just laught at that while we rock out to this badass EP

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In order to celebrate Trent's birhtday I am listening to the entire discography (at least the main albums, therefore no really singles or remix albums) of NIN in one sitting.

Currently at "Kinda I Want To" and holy shit this track kinda kicks ass. I remember being bored by most of PHM but I am fuckin' pumped, OH SHIT HERE COMES SIN THIS SHIT COMES IN HARD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cancer here. I certainly hope I get what I deserve. ):<

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    not sure if this is NIN spotting but now YOU can buy Trent Reznors house. For Sale. a cool 6 million should cover it

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...516-story.html
    Is it me or have they turned the studio into a movie room?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    not sure if this is NIN spotting but now YOU can buy Trent Reznors house. For Sale. a cool 6 million should cover it
    http://www.latimes.com/business/real...516-story.html
    Is it me or ̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶5̶1̶ ̶t̶o̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶?̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ they're wrong about his age with 24h late.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 05-17-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Annoying people who aren't at all familiar with NTAE by putting on Burning Bright has become a new hobby of mine -- it makes Broken sound accessible and I love it for it so, so much.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    The NTAE Era will be remembered as kickass and most of the Firebrand stuff will be remembered only by us who were here to witness it and just laught at that while we rock out to this badass EP
    That's one of the things I've always kept noticing with NIN. Aside from the actual music itself, just about every single major release has a special/unique memory/experience attached to it, good, bad and all in between. It's yet another thing that has made the NIN ride so worthwhile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like the new season of Twin Peaks might be a springboard for one of the new Nine Inch Nails projects coming out this year. Maybe I am crazy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

three posts above you, bub

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Fuck. Well, The mental image of TR binge-watching TP is a great one. :P

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I get the sense that next week will be a big week in the world of nin.

- With vinyl releases and more festival announcements coming, plus for whatever reason, I'm hopeful for proper tour dates. Who knows, maybe we will even get new album info with the 10th anniversary of year zero being Monday (I'm thinking there is a year zero tie in with the next album) - probably a stretch, but a random thought.
    Well, the only thing that came to fruition from that was the riot fest announcement.

Here's to hoping next week with twin peaks and possibly the vinyls coming out that there will be a major uptick in nin activity (like some proper tour dates announced).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope one day Trent gets to make the intro theme to Doctor Who. Who nose, Peter Capaldi may have gifted him a functioning Tardis for his recent birthday and used it to travel forwards to where his theme was appropriate enough for the BBC to give it the greenlight.
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 05-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I figured you guys would like my emblem that I use on Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I hope one day Trent gets to make the intro theme to Doctor Who. Who nose, Peter Capaldi may have gifted him a functioning Tardis for his recent birthday and used it to travel forwards to where his theme was appropriate enough for the BBC to give it the greenlight.
    i got to do a metal version of it for a doctor who play i worked on a couple years ago. it was a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I figured you guys would like my emblem that I use on Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

My emblem is the AIR flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if this counts as a strictly random Nine Inch Nails thought but fuck it.

I hope beyond hope that someday soon there will be new How To Destroy Angels. It was criminally underrated and I fear that TR might be under the impression that there's just not enough interest to justify the cost of composing, recording, and releasing any more of it. But maybe someday they'll release more. If you believe in it. Keep believing it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSelection View Post
    Don't know if this counts as a strictly random Nine Inch Nails thought but fuck it.

I hope beyond hope that someday soon there will be new How To Destroy Angels. It was criminally underrated and I fear that TR might be under the impression that there's just not enough interest to justify the cost of composing, recording, and releasing any more of it. But maybe someday they'll release more. If you believe in it. Keep believing it.
    here ya go:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...estroy-angels_
    Last edited by kel; 05-21-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Not sure where to really put this but I just came across this on youtube, a bunch of kids covering The Collector.

Something seems wrong with that kid singing the open my mouth / good boy / swallow it all part.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Something seems wrong with that kid singing the open my mouth / good boy / swallow it all part.
    It was already weird when Trent sang it, now it's like creepy.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Posted this over in the Twin Peaks thread, too

Though the only reason I think that soundtrack got so much attention at the time was because Trent's first new song in three years was on it.

That being said, it's still an excellent collection of music when taken as a whole. The Smashing Pumpkins song on it is still one of my favorite songs by them ever..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is the most random thing to post, but thanks to one YouTube comment on "Letting You" I laught my ass off sometimes whenever I connect the comment and the song to it.

"I'M GUNNA GO SUPER SAYAANN ON YOUR AAAASSSSSSS!!!!!"

I don't know, what it is, the image of Trent going Super Sayan in Letting You just gets to me, especially how hardcore that particular song is.

Just random thought.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Interview with Rob about NIN, Year Zero ARG, HTDA, etc....:

http://warp.la/editoriales/from-the-...s-resistance-2
    Without reading through the whole article right now, does he mention at all whose decision it was for him to leave? Curious if he decided he wanted a break or Trent just decided he wanted to go in a different direction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Without reading through the whole article right now, does he mention at all whose decision it was for him to leave? Curious if he decided he wanted a break or Trent just decided he wanted to go in a different direction.
    "After 15 years, it was just the right time, for everyone. Fresh talent will be good for NIN, and I’ve been thinking about personal projects I’ve wanted to do for years that I now have the time for."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    all he says

Why are you currently taking a break from NIN’s world?After 15 years, it was just the right time, for everyone. Fresh talent will be good for NIN, and I’ve been thinking about personal projects I’ve wanted to do for years that I now have the time for.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah I saw that bit. That can really be taken either way.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting that he mentioned Tension as the most stressful thing, wouldnt blame him for wanting a break after that. He looked like he was about to collapse with exhaustion in the tour documentary

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Yeah I saw that bit. That can really be taken either way.
    it can't be that bad if Trent doesn't throw your equipment into the garbage

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    it can't be that bad if Trent doesn't throw your equipment into the garbage
    LOL!! I remember reading about that here years ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    LOL!! I remember reading about that here years ago.
    What is this referring to?