Page 156 of 528 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 206 256 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Because of this place, my autocorrect likes NIN related words. My mangling of the word disappointment in a message completely non-NIN related was changed to "disappointed Trent." I noticed it before sending and fixed it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've never had a bad experience with a NIN crowd, but I do remember the first time I saw them, dead center a few feet back from the stage a floorboard was missing. Normally not a big deal except that this was during hockey season in the arena where the Penguins play so there was basically a big patch of ice right in the middle of a NIN-1994 mosh pit.

Now that I think about it, this is actually the exact opposite of a bad fan experience because everyone around that missing floorboard was cool offering a hand to people who slipped or almost slipped.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor is in your babies.

New research has found that the people you are exposed to, the environment you grow up in, the food you eat, the music you listen to... in fact everything around you alters the expression of your genes. Guess what? Trent Reznor has altered our gene expression. This altered gene expression can be passed to the next generation. For better or worse, Trent Reznor has altered the genetics of your children and future children. Next time a relative makes a comment about your child behaving in a way uncharacteristic of the family, tell them about Trent Reznor and what he has done to you and your children.

http://www.psmag.com/navigation/heal...f-genes-64616/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I went to the kitchen to get a cup of tea, and came back to hear You're so Physical playing. It was a real what the fuck moment in the days before Internet, Easter eggs
    Lies. I was on the internet talking about Broken when it came out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Lies. I was on the internet talking about Broken when it came out.
    Ok, pre Internet prevalence. I didn't have personal access to the Internet till 1997 when i bought a shitty pc cheaply from work, and then the modem connection was so shite it was practically unusable. Trent is still moaning about European Internet access now so you can see we're behind the US by some years

Thinking about Courtney Love's autobiography, she's scrapped it according to this interview
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...en-Spirit.html
    Wonder if this has something to do with 'making up' with Dave Grohl and the other Nirvana guy?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 06-10-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent is still moaning about European Internet access now so you can see we're behind the US by some years.
    Uh what?

You know that the US is WAY behind most of (Northwest) Europe in terms of access to broadband internet, right?

Trent having internet issues in Europe can have many reasons (including hardware incompatibility, and shitty facilities at venues), but has nothing to do with the general availability of highspeed internet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trias View Post
    Uh what?

You know that the US is WAY behind most of (Northwest) Europe in terms of access to broadband internet, right?

Trent having internet issues in Europe can have many reasons (including hardware incompatibility, and shitty facilities at venues), but has nothing to do with the general availability of highspeed internet.
    Sweden has one of the fastest internet connections in the world! I met a Swedish guy (good friend of mine) in Houston, he moved there for a PhD position and he would always complain about the shitty internet speeds in TX.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trias View Post
    Uh what?

Sorry, I don't really know anything about Internet speeds in Europe. My broadband at home is fine but I don't have a smartphone at all

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    It's funny how every NIN show I've been to and did have the chance to go to never had terrible lie on the setlist. What the fuck is up with that? Even if I had done the full touring cycle that I had planned, I wouldn't have gotten it.

On the other hand I'm glad I didn't go to Manchester and Vienna, since I might have been disappointed with getting the same setlists I already had. Either way, the more NIN the merrier! I still would have loved to do more shows, especially in the UK!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    so i wonder if we're gonna get a proper Hesitation Marks remix album... would be cool.
    Trent could include some of those leftover ideas fleshed out.
    or combine the remix album and Tension live DVD.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    7 already existing mediocre remixes aren't enough for you?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'd love to see a return of remixes in which the album's collaborators try their own take on the material (and maybe throw in some Eustis for good measure). I miss having albums like Further Down The Spiral and Things Falling Apart, because they feel like proper companion pieces to the main album.

None of the remixes since With Teeth have felt relevant or interesting to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it really that bad? I can't believe anyone who was a big fan would let others in the audience stop them going, if you're standing especially you can always move to another position.

It changed a bit in the UK, in 1999 at Brixton Academy the audience was particularly devotional, there was a guy running round the balcony with his shirt off and 'I'm Free' written on his chest, bizarre but no real arseholey behaviour from anyone. In 2005 / 2007 there was a definite increased quota of arseholes - I distinctly remember saying to my sister they should have IQ tests handed out that you have to pass before you're allowed in the show. but it's mellowed since then IMO
    Yeah there's always people like that at gigs. I remember I saw Bruce Springsteen in Manchester back in 10 and 12 and both years we noticed this long haired topless old guy just rocking out alone. Saw a similar dude at the rail for Trentemoller and (oddly) another similar guy at NIN (but rocking out for Cold Cave).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just picked up the Closure VHS pack in mint condition for £4!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Down In It demo is kinda hilarious. Sounds like how I would sing it in the shower.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    the studio version of Head Like a Hole is so good and so fresh... the live version is perfect for a live setting, but the original version is still the best

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Never get tired of this.

Ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's 'cause NINisamazing.
    I know it is a lame name, what can I do.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I forgive you Daffy. xo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

has this been posted?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I like to mix Pinion with random things sometimes. I once did it with Tori Amos' cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit. I just recently did it with the first level music of Resident Evil 2 and it was amazing.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Aaron House, the lead moderator of ninremixes.com, has passed away. RIP.

Read the message here:
    http://ninremixes.com/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    "potions" just came up on my beats list... fuck it, I'll be that guy:

"potions" is great, the niggy tardust instrumental stuff is great, "passive" is great... FREE TAPEWORM NOW

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I think I've ended up having an imaginary montage of Trent working on each album with one song from each of them. It occurred to me when I made up an imaginary montage of Trent working on The Fragile with The Mark Has Been Made as the background music in my mind. That was the first song I've done it with since 2004.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Kinda reliving my past shows this summer and good god I can't fathom how impossibly cool Trent was during the opening in Berlin. He definitely has changed alot about his persona on stage over the years but it's still him:

EDIT: and I so would love to have these trousers with the attached skirt-like applications!
    Last edited by dlb; 06-14-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So I read an interview with Daphne Carr that makes me actually want to read the PHM 33 1/3 book I got but never got around to reading, and now I can't find it, I'm going to have to tidy the house to look it up

http://blog.kexp.org/2011/07/20/33-1...r-daphne-carr/

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If Everything does end up getting played (over the Cortini's Live Rig thread there's talk about it), that would make Hesitation Marks the first NIN album to have every single song played live since The Downward Spiral, wouldn't it? The Slip still has Demon Seed and The Four of Us Are Dying, Ghosts has the majority of it unplayed, Year Zero has AVOTT, Zero-Sum, My Violent Heart; With Teeth still has Sunspots missing, The Fragile has a lot that's still untouched, and did they ever play Kinda I Want To live? I've heard a few different PHM era shows and none have had that song.

So, yeah, if we get Everything, then there'll be 3 NIN albums performed completely over the years! Broken's had everything done at one point or another, even the covers (and the silent tracks are the space between the main set and the encore for any smartasses wanting to bring those up), TDS is the obvious one with 2 full performances of it (although technically both of those shows were missing the original Closer, which I honestly find irritating, but whatever), so we're missing one song from HM and it's done. Safe to say Trent really does love this album.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Listening to Broken in mono feels funny. Like Trent said in an interview, some parts of it were mixed out-of-phase, so they are completely lost on mono devices. The snare drum in Happiness in Slavery can no longer be heard.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    He's overweight, so he gets heckled a lot, seat or floor.
    Jesus. There's no excuse for that — is it that much worse among NIN fans than people in general?