Page 154 of 528 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I could really go for that Tension DVD sometime soon . . .
    Hey at least, as of less than a week ago, we have some word that this is at least still happening. I think the Hesitation Marks wallpapers will be a bonus download with the Fragile reissue.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I could really go for that Hesitation Marks wallpaper pack sometime soon . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I could really go for that Tension DVD sometime soon . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    I could really go for that Fragile r... nah, don't wanna beat the dead horse.
    I could really go for that With Teeth "long essay" sometime soon...

I could really go for that funeral procession complete The Day The World Went Away video sometime soon...

I could really go for that Every Day Is Exactly The Same video sometime soon...

I could really go for that Everything video sometime soon...

I could really go for that Broken/Fixed packaged together deluxe edition sometime soon...

I could really go for that collaboration with Gary Numan mentioned in 2009 sometime soon...

I could really go for that "Fragile-heavy" set list that was talked about prior to the current tour commencing sometime soon...

I could really go for that Year Zero TV mini-series sometime soon...

I could really go for an actual proper physical release of Closure sometime soon...

I could really go for a piss sometime soon...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, when you lay it out like that it seems like Trent doesn't do anything.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Not only anything, he won't even do Everything! ...Live, at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not only anything, he won't even do Everything! ...Live, at least.

Ten characters.Tenc

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Ten characters.Tenc

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'd also imagine that NIN fans that became fans around anywhere between 1994-2005 thought and felt around 1996-1998 and 2001-2004, especially when they were just new to NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'd also imagine that NIN fans that became fans around anywhere between 1994-2005 thought and felt around 1996-1998 and 2001-2004, especially when they were just new to NIN.
    Not so much, we knew The Fragile was coming, and that was really all that was talked about, and then early '02-'05 was pretty much void of much information at all. Trent's ambition has obviously grown since then . . .

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    And thank goodness for that. 2005-2008 was quite a fun ride for following NIN.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I literally yelled at myself in the car for taking so long to find Into the Void on my iPod today in the car. (Note to self: it's filed under NIN: The Fragile.)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The Fragile is still the most comforting Nine Inch Nails album to me so far as a whole. I think it's probably why The Fragile was the first NIN album that really got me into NIN.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I could really go for that With Teeth "long essay" sometime soon...
    It was an anti-Bush rant. We got Year Zero instead. Be thankful.

I could really go for that funeral procession complete The Day The World Went Away video sometime soon...

I could really go for that Every Day Is Exactly The Same video sometime soon...

I could really go for that Everything video sometime soon...
    None of these were finished becaused they were not what TR had in mind for those songs, so they were cancelled. You want to look at unfinished clips without music under them? Um, why?

I could really go for that Broken/Fixed packaged together deluxe edition sometime soon...
    I think this still might happen. In the meantime there are LOTS of different vinyl versions of these releases to collect.

I could really go for that collaboration with Gary Numan mentioned in 2009 sometime soon...
    Yes, me too.

I could really go for that "Fragile-heavy" set list that was talked about prior to the current tour commencing sometime soon...
    I think this was just a misquote. We already got that with Tension.

I could really go for that Year Zero TV mini-series sometime soon...
    TR can't write for TV. It was always an outside chance. I think we'd be a lot cooler on the idea if we as fans had to go through the same amount of process that this idea's creators went through.

I could really go for an actual proper physical release of Closure sometime soon...
    Go bug Universal Music.
    Last edited by botley; 06-05-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think this was just a misquote. We already got that with Tension.

I wish it wasn't a misquote and he would realize how many of us would like a 95% Fragile set list. Like, it would please every single person, hardcore or not, the songs are that damn good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    ... Into the Void ... in the car...
    Have you seen Final destination movie? I'm not saying you should, just...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Have you seen Final destination movie? I'm not saying you should, just...
    i always thought it was hilarious that they specifically made sure the part where trent sings "...final destination" played during that scene.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I wish it wasn't a misquote and he would realize how many of us would like a 95% Fragile set list. Like, it would please every single person, hardcore or not, the songs are that damn good.
    I'd also love that, but also with a lot more Broken and Year Zero in it too. And when I say Broken, I'm talking about more Last, Help Me I Am In Hell, and Happiness In Slavery.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    with teeth might be the only album that doesn't translate live very well IMHO. I have the feeling that pretty much all of the tracks feel too punchy and watered down in a live setting missing the finesse and underyling effects that are present on the album (notable exceptions: TLBTB, BYIT and RWIB) mainly because the chorus is too singalong-like. THTF and only are songs that I began to really dislike in a live setting, but listening to the album versions respectively I think both are really great tracks. I love that album but it's the only one that I listen to in its studio incarnation more than the other records.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    with teeth might be the only album that doesn't translate live very well IMHO. I have the feeling that pretty much all of the tracks feel too punchy and watered down in a live setting missing the finesse and underyling effects that are present on the album (notable exceptions: TLBTB, BYIT and RWIB) mainly because the chorus is too singalong-like. THTF and only are songs that I began to really dislike in a live setting, but listening to the album versions respectively I think both are really great tracks. I love that album but it's the only one that I listen to in its studio incarnation more than the other records.
    All the Love in the World sounded great on the youtube footage from Tension I've seen, Ilan Rubin sounded amazing on the percussion side

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    oh yeah, I forgot about that one! Glad they finally pulled it off in 2013 and in such a great way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does Trent seem like he hasn't been himself since the Tension tour? I saw him at Mountain Oasis last October and he was really short with the audience and didn't look super happy, and then half the band gets fired and the Europe tour is a lot of greatest hits and he refuses streams, photography, etc.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Is it just me or does Trent seem like he hasn't been himself since the Tension tour? I saw him at Mountain Oasis last October and he was really short with the audience and didn't look super happy, and then half the band gets fired and the Europe tour is a lot of greatest hits and he refuses streams, photography, etc.
    The thing is, somebody on the oz tour in the tour journal saw sharlotte gibson and lisa fischer at one of the shows, and pino palladino was backstage at the 02 so it's not like he's on bad terms with the old band. Wasn't Mountain Oasis only a short way through the Tension tour?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The thing is, somebody on the oz tour in the tour journal saw sharlotte gibson and lisa fischer at one of the shows, and pino palladino was backstage at the 02 so it's not like he's on bad terms with the old band. Wasn't Mountain Oasis only a short way through the Tension tour?
    I would suspect $$$$ probably led to the band scaling back. those peeps could not have been cheap.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There's a big difference between "you're fired" and "I did what I set out to do with this incarnation of the band, you guys are free to go". I'm pretty sure the latter is what happened in regards to the Tension lineup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    This randomly popped up in my iTunes right now. I kinda forgot about this.

Yes, I love witch house.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Every NIN fan should read Kennedy's book because it is chock full of hilarious TR stories (and a lot of other really great stories)
    OK I just ordered this book - I checked it out on amazon's look inside thing, and what clinched it was when TR said to her 'do you know where you are?' and she replied 'in the jungle baby' to his annoyance - that made me laugh out loud

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just realised All the Love in the World is the only song that opens an album but never opened a show. All the others made it at least once.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    1 Ghosts I disagrees with you
    Last edited by fillow; 06-06-2014 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I wonder if I'm the only person here on ETS who's favorite NIN song is Down In It.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    1 Ghosts I disagrees with you
    Ah, yeah. I can't decide if Ghosts stands as an "album"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I wonder if I'm the only person here on ETS who's favorite NIN song is Down In It.
    No, you are not