Page 153 of 528 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    you forgot the fact they both fucked Courtney Love too
    That is... completely new to me...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I thought that was only a rumor because Courtney Love will spew out any shit necessary to stay in the tabloids.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    They both found a usage to the awesome powers of Dave Grohl

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Courtney ruined everything between Trent and Tori. That's my final answer.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Imagine if Tori was the lead singer of How to Destroy Angels.

That's not meant to be a knock on Mariqueen, before anyone tries that - it's just an interesting what-if scenario.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm all for Tori and Trent, but I just can't imagine it. Then again, I could see Tori as her Pip character (see American Doll Posse era) playing with HTDA.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    TR has stated several times that he and Courtney were nothing more than friends and that any sexual contact she claims to have had with him is all in her imagination.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Was this before or after Courtney called Trent "three inch nails?" Lol

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think "And the sky began to scream" would sound gorgeous with Tori's voice. The range of the vocals are well suited to her.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I honestly wonder if Trent had any interaction with Kurt whatsoever. I feel like Kurt would have liked The Downward Spiral, maybe he did know of it, it released in March 1994 before he died but by that time Kurt was already going down the bad road with his life.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-01-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    TR has stated several times that he and Courtney were nothing more than friends and that any sexual contact she claims to have had with him is all in her imagination.
    Every NIN fan should read Kennedy's book because it is chock full of hilarious TR stories (and a lot of other really great stories), but cut to 3:50 of the below video. Anybody who used to have even a tiny bit of sympathy for, or defense of, Courtney will walk away with ZERO after Kennedy's book. Whoa. Holy crap. Anyway, yeah, read Kennedy's book. Highly recommended for a walk back through the glory days of 90s MTV.

Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Every NIN fan should read Kennedy's book because it is chock full of hilarious TR stories (and a lot of other really great stories), but cut to 3:50 of the below video. Anybody who used to have even a tiny bit of sympathy for, or defense of, Courtney will walk away with ZERO after Kennedy's book. Whoa. Holy crap. Anyway, yeah, read Kennedy's book. Highly recommended for a walk back through the glory days of 90s MTV.

Clearly Trent friend zoned Kennedy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so the Beats thing turned out to be a major failure. At least TR jumped off the sinking ship and we dont have to listen to him pimp that product like a car salesman anymore

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Clearly Trent friend zoned Kennedy.
    No, if you read Kennedy's book, Kennedy stuck to her decision to remain a virgin until she was married. She had zero interest in marrying a rock star. She was pretty athletic and a health nut and never drank. She used to stay at Trent's house (in the same BED!!) whenever she was in L.A., they were just really good friends. She ended up marrying pro snowboarder Dave Lee and they have two daughters.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-01-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    so the Beats thing turned out to be a major failure. At least TR jumped off the sinking ship and we dont have to listen to him pimp that product like a car salesman anymore
    $3 billion is more than most car companies are worth. Jaguar/Land Rover went for $2.3 billion in 2008.

Beats has been ridiculously successful. I hope Trent's taken a paycheque so vast it has to be towed by sauropods.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 06-01-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

I've watched a few Kennedy interviews with Trent on youtube and I always like that she isn't at all deferential, she just takes the piss the whole time and he seems to enjoy it!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Watching the TDS live bootleg, and thinking to myself "you know, if the NIN/SG shows ARE mid 90's nostalgia fests, I really wouldn't mind." Also, that album is fucking made for Robin's guitar work.
    Trent really needs to realize minimal lighting and more varied sets in smaller intimate venues are better than big venue awesome visual rigid setlist shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    guys, trent didn't leave beats at all.

http://pitchfork.com/news/55389-nine...g-beats-music/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So now that this post turned out to be a major failure...
    Last edited by BRoswell; 06-02-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It was a major failure the moment he declared a three billion dollar acquisition to be a failure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Have we reached the point now where we can assume bill's declarations of failure will fail? Would save us the trouble of worrying he might be right, just this once.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Have we reached the point now where we can assume bill's declarations of failure will fail? Would save us the trouble of worrying he might be right, just this once.
    At this point it's not just fun watching his insane declarations fail, but how FAST they fail.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Okay, let's get Bill to say that there'll never be a Fragile reissue, just so TR announces it tomorrow

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I could swear that the intro of "Ego Death" by A Place To Bury Strangers is sampling the intro of "A Warm Place".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I need this shirt! But they need enough preorders before they actually sell it. http://teespring.com/ndnji

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This thread got me to think of Year Zero.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...CC%9D%CC%AEade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I could really go for that Hesitation Marks wallpaper pack sometime soon . . .

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It would be nice for a time to come when someone in the NIN camp announces/mentions something and we all don't go "Well, we'll never see that one either."

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I could really go for that Hesitation Marks wallpaper pack sometime soon . . .
    I could really go for that Tension DVD sometime soon . . .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I could really go for that Fragile r... nah, don't wanna beat the dead horse.