Page 98 of 528 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    just filled out my nintourhistory. pretty surprised to see how many (unique) songs i've seen performed: 96 songs in 11 concerts. i've seen a few special shows (wave goodbye shows, the one with manson), but still, a pretty big variety. also didn't realize how many times i've seen Burn and TDTWWA. always a pleasant surprise even after so many times. actually, Reptile, too.
    I used to have a thing against Reptile. Especially when TDS came out. It just freaked my sister and I. But after seeing it live, I have come to embrace it! It was definitely one of the summer festival favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

The live performances of Reptile are what really drove that song home for me. It was especially awesome in Orlando with Gary Numan. It used to be one of my take it or leave it songs on TDS, now it's one of my favorites out of all albums.

I'm really hoping Tension gets the AATCHB treatment with both a video and audio release. I was pretty disappointed not to have an official CD counterpart to BYIT. Tension on Blu-ray would be mind-blowing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Reptile is a dirty goddamn song live. I likey.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

This will always be my favorite version of Reptile.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The Eater Of Dreams, The Becoming and Please were all reportedly played at the rehearsal show:

http://www.ninwiki.com/2013/09/21_Los_Angeles,_CA

Y THEY NO BEEN PLAYED LIVE YET?!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Because 20 shows later this setlist smells fake even more than it did back then

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This still seems to be my most favorite version of Sanctified being performed live.

And this one.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-08-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

So I know I haven't been on here lately, but I just watched All Time Low from last night.
    It was amazing. I really need them to announce UK dates NOW.
    Also saw Spoiler: The Love In The World and got goosebumps. Yeaaaah. Pretty sure it's in my top three favourite NIN tracks.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I am a hopeless dreamer in thinking that a Tension 2014 tour could happen with second market US dates?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Nope. More than one member of the road crew has reportedly been heard saying that the band will be back in the States in the summer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Nope. More than one member of the road crew has reportedly been heard saying that the band will be back in the States in the summer.
    Sweet! n.n I really want to see a different run of songs from the last set (as great as it was.)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    You just made my day!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just noticed that Barack Obama is following Trent Reznor on Twitter. That's so cool. (Yeah, that's a bit fanboyish of me, but still.) And I wasn't really on Twitter that much, so I would've definitely been way out of the loop if he was following him for quite while already. I also saw Queen, Weird Al, and Dave Coulier following him too. I actually thought John Stamos would've been the one to follow him.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    We finally get a chance to hear soundboard audio of VMOE, aaand they cut out my favorite part of the entire song. ("An effigy so wondrous to behold, Statements so profound, A place to bury everything I did, and burn it to the ground")

I'm sure it mainly had to do with time constraints, I was just jacked to hear it. ;P Either way, I'm just glad they got some exposure there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    We finally get a chance to hear soundboard audio of VMOE, aaand they cut out my favorite part of the entire song. ("An effigy so wondrous to behold, Statements so profound, A place to bury everything I did, and burn it to the ground")

I'm sure it mainly had to do with time constraints, I was just jacked to hear it. ;P Either way, I'm just glad they got some exposure there.
    VMoE had a ton of stuff cut out of it that made it sound really bad when I watched it last night, honestly. Probably had something to do with the mix, as well - everything felt really empty and separated.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Whoa, I'm two months late to state this and counting, but when Trent Reznor said that Hesitation Marks was $10.00 or go fuck yourself, I thought the only way for that to be actually possible was if Hesitation Marks was at least $5.99 to $7.99 in stores so that you wouldn't have to use 1 cent more than a $10.00 bill when taxed. I even get that I wasn't supposed to take it that literally, but it always stuck with me when I bought Hesitation Marks for myself and a friend.

It was a normal price, but in actuality, I spent at least $12.00 the first time, and $13.00 the next time I got it. (But then again it was Best Buy, and most people here seemed to not be a fan of Best Buy due to bad pricing.) The deluxe version of Hesitation Marks was $20.99 or $21.99, which is a very similar price that The Fragile used to be in most stores. The Fragile is thankfully around $16.99 to $19.99 these days. However, Best Buy always seemed to have The Fragile at $24.99. And depending on the store, even The Slip costs around $20.99 or $21.99, but at least the bonus DVD made up for it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    VMoE had a ton of stuff cut out of it that made it sound really bad when I watched it last night, honestly. Probably had something to do with the mix, as well - everything felt really empty and separated.
    Yeah, the mix wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but again...I'm sure it wasn't a decision the band was solely responsible for making. I'm still glad we get to hear it/see it in HD!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-08-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    To see Nine Inch Nails perform Pretty Hate Machine, and then Broken afterwards, would be one of the greatest highlights of my life, ever. When both releases are put together, the amount of songs are also the length of a typical set-list.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-08-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I personally think this is the best tour nin has done as far as music. This band seems like they are capable of anything.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Not that it ever left my mind entirely, but I wonder what became of the Hesitation Marks game somebody intended to make here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Reptile is a dirty goddamn song live. I likey.
    My fav live version is the one where TR gets pissed and throws guitar, then throws mic stand, then throws mic after giving a nice angry shout. And not missing a beat as far as the song goes. From with teeth tour i believe. Its so perfect. I used to watch it at least once a week. You can find it if you do a search of 'nin reptile trent pissed'. It happens during the first chorus i believe.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I haven't re listened to hesitation marks after my first 1-2 attempts, and the album has pretty my broken my NIN relistening streak. So weird given where I was in the run up to release. Hey ho. Still hoping on uk dates.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    My fav live version is the one where TR gets pissed and throws guitar, then throws mic stand, then throws mic after giving a nice angry shout. And not missing a beat as far as the song goes. From with teeth tour i believe. Its so perfect. I used to watch it at least once a week. You can find it if you do a search of 'nin reptile trent pissed'. It happens during the first chorus i believe.
    Couldn't find it

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Handbrake can't see Reptile on disc 2 of And All That Could Have Been. I want to rip to my computer!! Dammit. Any solutions? Cheers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Handbrake can't see Reptile on disc 2 of And All That Could Have Been. I want to rip to my computer!! Dammit. Any solutions? Cheers

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    After being so immersed in The NIN Hotline and Echoing the Sound, it's hard for me to picture being a fan of Nine Inch Nails and not knowing about those sites. I swear, it's like I became a messenger for both sites every time I meet a NIN fan that has never heard of both, or even one or the other. Did a lot of you also meet NIN fans that had no idea The NIN Hotline and ETS ever existed? (I'm not trying to say that it makes you better fan, but I love having this experience that comes with it, as well as getting to chat with other NIN fans, when I barely know any in real life, that I just want to share it with as many NIN fans as possible when I hear that they've never heard of both sites.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-10-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So Voodoofest, ACL, Jimmy Kimmel, and an epic LA show all within a week. This is Tension NIN at their peak. Why is there not a new single being pushed right now?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I think he throws all that shit at a stangehand, too. He threw a water bottle as well after drinking from it.

That video is one of my favorites.

Oh, I just noticed I snagged the 100th page. Rad.
    Last edited by gorast; 11-10-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Top Ten NIN songs 2005-present

1 - Vessel
    2 - Sunspots
    3 - In This twilight (Fennez mix)
    4 - The Collector
    5 - My Violent Heart
    6 - Home
    7 - Capital G
    8- Everything
    9 - Various methods of escape
    10 - Getting Smaller

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^^The Collector, Capital G, Everything and Getting Smaller? - very controversial

I'll need some time to think about this

In no particular order:

Zero Sum
    All the Love in the World
    Every Day is Exactly the Same
    Me, I'm Not
    Copy of A
    Demon Seed
    In Two
    Various Methods of Escape
    My Violent Heart
    Right Where it Belongs
    While I'm Still Here (Black Noise)

Top 11 because I couldn't decide between a few of them
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-10-2013 at 02:08 PM.