Page 61 of 528 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I could take a leak any minute now, or at least another track formally let out of the bag...

Damn the new debuted songs for sounding really promising, because this wait hurts.

I'm trying to lay off their live renditions from now on, picking up some old NIN records instead.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    New live version of Sanctified is groovy/sexy as fuck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried to transcribe the lyrics for Copy of A and Find My Way?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You know, I didn't think "Sanctified" sounded great. But it was interesting and unsettling, and also surprising to hear after so many years and being so high in the setlist. All of those things kind of made it great in another way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    anybody else mistook “Find my way” for “The greater good” (Year Zero, 12th track) briefly?
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 07-26-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    anybody else mistook “Find my way” for “The greater good” (Year Zero, 12th track) briefly?
    Yeah, and I almost shed another tear, because before FMW was MIN...

\\\

Random thought: my satisfaction is up to here ^^^^ from all of the recent NIN sounds, and there are yet 11 more album tracks to be heard.

Everyone sit on that, for a sec.
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Hey guys, just because the touring has begun and the new album is just around the corner, it doesn't mean we should start neglecting the other sections of the forum.... just kidding.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I guess this app is old news, but it might be cool for some ETS people to add each other on here before a show and try it out live. Well, if they can get a good connection on site and have a decent amount of data. I haven't used it myself but I'm assuming it uploads on the spot. Worth a try?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100770645
    Wow, this actually seems like a pretty neat idea, would be pretty fun to try out! You can see a bunch of the movies on their site:

http://vyclone.com/movies

some of them seem a bit jittery when switching between the cameras, but maybe the editing that comes with it can fix that up a bit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    SO I just watched Find My Way, and it was bugging me that I've heard that melody before. Then it clicked in my head, it's the Hey Dude theme!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    You know, I didn't think "Sanctified" sounded great. But it was interesting and unsettling, and also surprising to hear after so many years and being so high in the setlist. All of those things kind of made it great in another way.
    For the first time in my NIN fandom I actually enjoy Sanctified...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Funny thing: a few hours before the stream started I went back looking at older songs they could potentially play and Sanctified was the first one I thought of and listened to. I shit you not.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Here's a thought.

I want a reworked version of I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally on this tour.

Get at it t-rez.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Just realized something...is this the first time "Only" has been played since 2008?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I need a new Hoodie really badly. Hopefully the Tension tour hoodie is worth the presumed $75 pricetag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    I forgot how much I loved Year Zero Remixed*. I'd say it's the best NIN remix album, what's the general mood about it here?

*and yes that even includes Olof Dreijer's Me, I'm Not remix.
    I've never gotten into it much, but to be fair I never gave it much of a chance either. I've got to revisit it. I just remember thinking that a lot of the songs are drawn out and overly long but not interesting enough to justify being so long. And I really missed having remixes by TR, it was always cool to see his different interpretations of his own material. FDTS is still hard to top for me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I forgot how much I loved Year Zero Remixed*. I'd say it's the best NIN remix album, what's the general mood about it here?

I enjoy all the remix albums, but I have to say that Year Zero Remixed gets the most plays. I can appreciate the more abstract remixes on Fixed and Further Down The Spiral, but I have to be in a certain mood for them. I can listen to a lot of the remixes on YZR pretty much any time though. Are they the most original remixes you'll ever hear? No, but they take what I love about the album and push it even further and that's really all that matters to me. Though if you don't like Year Zero, chances are YZR won't be your preferred remix album.

As far as the Me, I'm Not remix goes, I'm not a fan for the same reason I'm not a fan of the Porter Ricks remix of The Day The World Went Away. Both tracks just don't anywhere. I'm all for long, meandering tracks, but at least make it interesting.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    They are both trance-inducing and quite danceable tracks on big loud sound systems.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Actually I prefer the Olof version of Me, I'm Not over the regular Year Zero version.

I do like Year Zero Remixed....and I'd say I even like it more than the record it's remixing...but I have such fond memories of Things Falling Apart that I think that one is probably my favorite remix records. Yes, there are a shit ton of Starfuckers mixes...but I'm such a Fragile fan that the deconstruction and re imagining of those tracks is just something I love to revisit.

I love Slipping Away so much

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Here's a thought.

I want a reworked version of I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally on this tour.

Get at it t-rez.
    I saw this in my head. ( I suck at photoshop, but I literally saw this exact image in my head, I need help.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    it's insane and foolish how much i love NIN/trent

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkelpop View Post
    it's insane and foolish how much i love NIN/trent
    tell me about! I'm running around the house all day in a black tank top, shorts and combat boots (it's 37 degrees though).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So its rumoured that All Time Low is a grunge song that sounds like Bush or Stone Temple Pilots?!?! Talk about a nightmare.

I call bullshit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    So its rumoured that All Time Low is a grunge song that sounds like Bush or Stone Temple Pilots?!?! Talk about a nightmare.

I call bullshit.
    Good call, because that's one (1) source's interpretation of the song. The same source that has, in my opinion, completely missed the mark on a couple of other songs they also claimed to have heard from the album itself, which, as of yesterday, the world can hear in live form (Copy of A and Find My Way). They basically called COA just a concert opener, and described FMW as bringing "distorted atmospheres and some glitch." And that's all. (Really? Really????)

Personally, both COA and FMW have only honed my attention in on Hesitation Marks further, in a most positive way.

\\\

The Line Begins To Blur is one of NIN's greatest songs.
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-27-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    ...but I have such fond memories of Things Falling Apart that I think that one is probably my favorite remix records. Yes, there are a shit ton of Starfuckers mixes...but I'm such a Fragile fan that the deconstruction and re imagining of those tracks is just something I love to revisit.
    same for me. plus, when you add in the four 'outtakes' (ED, NYD, LM, TF), it's a completely sublime accompaniment to the album. i agree with the detractors about the three "Starfuckers" remixes, but i find each has at least one section i enjoy, and they are quite a bit more spaced out if you include those extra 4 remixes aforementioned.

the opening three tracks are incredible. the strength of "The Great Collapse" is probably the fact that it's an original, though... i think a remix of it would probably have missed the mark. stylistically, SA and TW (Version) match it extremely well, and the flow is impeccably dynamic. it wasn't a quick assembly of external works like the post-2005 remix releases; a lot of thought went into TFA, just like FTDS, and i think that's why so many fans revere them more (although more time known = distortion of likeability, as we know).

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    It sure is interesting seeing the diversity of opinions across the fanbase. I thought that, for years, the last good remix album was Further Down the Spiral. Year Zero Remixed was, to me, a return to the 'great NIN remix album' format. The remixes of the Fragile era songs, to me, came off like studio noodling, more akin to Fixed than Closer to God or FDTS. The only With Teeth era remixes I really liked were on weird imports (cardsleeve EDIETS promo, Japanese W_T). There was a fun remix of Only, but the rest of it really fell flat to me. I figured I'd just lucked out, and that The Downward Spiral era was some kind of remix utopia fluke.

Perhaps it has something to do with which remix album you hear first. It was incredible to me that in the mid-90s, the era of the shitty house 12" remix, a song like Closer with it's four-on-the-floor made for the club beat got an EP that explored one single song in so many completely different ways. The Coil & Thirlwell remixes on FDTS brought a whole drugged out depth to other tracks on that album.

And then the promo vinyl for TDTWWA comes out and it's got a Porter Ricks mix that I couldn't even play without my needle skipping, and it wasn't even worth playing. Perhaps it was reactionary - here's this incredibly richly textured song, building layer upon layer, so much sound to choose from... and the one remix of it sounds like someone set up the drum machine and forgot about it.

TDTWWA (Version) though - that's more like it!

Don't get me started on the shithouse Photek and DFA remixes for THTF.

But with YZR, there's the Pirate Robot Midget remix that's like NIN meets Oizo, the electro'd out Ladytron remixes, Bill Laswell's Vessel remixes, The Warning with Senegalese drumming, Kronos Quartet, the Faint. UNF. (If you couldn't tell from my verdict on the Porter Ricks remix, I'm also not a fan of the Me I'm Not remix. And let's pretend that Capital G remix by Switch never happened)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    TDTWWA (Version) though - that's more like it!
    (Version) or (Quiet)?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The Photek remixes are fun, especially the import-only Ruff mix. He also appears on "All the Love in the World" so it tied in nicely with the album.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    SO I just watched Find My Way, and it was bugging me that I've heard that melody before. Then it clicked in my head, it's the Hey Dude theme!

This popular "weird twitter" account just referenced Hey Dude... pretty obscure show. Are you on ETS, wu tang Goku?

https://twitter.com/wtgoku/status/361063213648969729

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

My fav wt era remix is photek dub mix from thtf 7"... It has one good idea and runs with it, whereas the others try too much IMHO. I haven't really listened to the only remixes, as I didn't like the original much. Maybe I should.