Page 50 of 528 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Fuck. New live NIN in less than a week!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Fuck. New live NIN in less than a week!!!
    emmmm... the first show is in July 26... 35 days and counting... http://www.facebook.com/nineinchnailsperu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Ahh getting ahead of myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like how people compare God and Trent Reznor all the time.... I mean, he's good and all, but he's no Trent.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maybe this has been asked before, but why is The Slip so "quiet"? Whether its the ditributed CD or playing on a media device/iPod I gotta turn it up to an obnoxious level. Worst is when I shuffle and a song from TS comes up, first reaction is WTF song can't I hear?...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Maybe this has been asked before, but why is The Slip so "quiet"? Whether its the ditributed CD or playing on a media device/iPod I gotta turn it up to an obnoxious level. Worst is when I shuffle and a song from TS comes up, first reaction is WTF song can't I hear?...
    err, you should recheck that. the album was mastered just as loud as NIN has been since 1999 (though i suppose you could argue 1994...). some songs start very quiet, though, obviously, and LITS was kept pretty quiet.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ Honestly no. This is from different sources (CD, free DL) and using different equipment- varying car stereos, speakers, home systems, etc. And not song related, I do know LITS is a quiet song though.

Always found it to be very odd and one of the reasons it's not played by me more often.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I don't get this from the album as a whole, but I will say that I think Head Down is actually a few dbs quieter than it should be. I turn the album up a couple of notches at that song and only turn it back down at The Four Of Us Are Dying.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^^^ Honestly no. This is from different sources (CD, free DL) and using different equipment- varying car stereos, speakers, home systems, etc. And not song related, I do know LITS is a quiet song though.

Always found it to be very odd and one of the reasons it's not played by me more often.
    Nope, have a look at waveforms and the like. Album is loud bro

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Remember: never trust your ears. Summing music down to a 2D waveform and looking at it with your eyes is much more reliable.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i would much rather have to turn up my stereo because an album is a little quieter (a la Rid Of Me by PJ Harvey) and has proper dynamics than to have it brickwalled all the way through (like most things are these days).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

i find it (the fixed hi-res download) easily as loud as With Teeth. how does WT go for you in these situations?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    i find it (the fixed hi-res download) easily as loud as With Teeth. how does WT go for you in these situations?

I'm fine with it, and I'm OK with some of my CD's that date back to the '80s. TS is literally super fucking quiet/very low gain (for me only apparently), I have to turn the volume way up every time it comes on and nothing else is comparable- NIN or otherwise.

Hmmmm.... I think I'm gonna listen to the actual purchased disc again. Delete everything on my computer/media players and burn that in there.

Thanks for the replies.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm fine with it, and I'm OK with some of my CD's that date back to the '80s. TS is literally super fucking quiet/very low gain (for me only apparently), I have to turn the volume way up every time it comes on and nothing else is comparable- NIN or otherwise.

Hmmmm.... I think I'm gonna listen to the actual purchased disc again. Delete everything on my computer/media players and burn that in there.

Thanks for the replies.
    I''l throw one more in for mine sounds about on par with everything else... the original PHM master is way quieter for instance..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just got the official track list for the new album 'The Hesitater'

1. crumbling in my heart
    2. because i care
    3. when pigeons cry
    4. two angels
    5. hairy arms
    6. lipstick and pain
    7. bright and shiny
    8. came back a honky
    9. upward spiral
    10. with tongue
    11. silk
    12. black toys
    13. all the hugs in the world
    14. the eater of cake

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thought I'd share this from the NIN subreddit:
    Quote Originally Posted by tomacco_man
    im saying the track names look weak. "all time low", "dissapointed" "find my way"....the fuck? what happened to names like "heresy" "mr self destruct" or "happiness in slavery"? TR is stuck in rut and has been for sometime, just admit it
    and my response
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond
    uh, no, I won't. he's far from in a rut. him being in a rut is when he released a CD full of remixes of a single song because he couldn't bring himself to make a full album, and even when he did it tortured him. Trent is at the most prolific, adventurous and creative time of his life so far - soundtracks, remixes, two bands on tour, collaborations, a massive new NIN album... no rut whatsoever.
    a stinkin' rut? jeezzzz...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Mr Self Destruct is named after a Soft Cell song, so that doesn't really count anyway

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Can't RITC and ninhotline text each other? You fookers are trolling Twitter!!! :P

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Can't RITC and ninhotline text each other? You fookers are trolling Twitter!!! :P
    Sorry about that, totally got carried away.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ was gonna tell you two crazy kids to go get a room, heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Thought I'd share this from the NIN subreddit:

and my response

a stinkin' rut? jeezzzz...
    Your first mistake was expecting much from the NIN subreddit. I was originally excited to find that the there WAS a NIN subreddit, but it has since become one of my less frequented online NIN communities...the vibe overall seems much more whiny and negative than others...or maybe I'm just tired of Reddit in general.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I am moving into my new apartment this weekend.

My GF is giving me a set of surround sound speakers before said move.

In 2004, I picked up TDS' 5.1 release (and would soon do the same for W_T). I had no surround sound system. But I knew that one day, the day would come.

I could have done this at a friend's, but I wanted to wait until I was in my own space. There's just something more rewarding when it is.

This weekend. Fuck. Yeah.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

In 2004, I picked up TDS' 5.1 release (and would soon do the same for W_T). I had no surround sound system. But I knew that one day, the day would come.

I could have done this at a friend's, but I wanted to wait until I was in my own space. There's just something more rewarding when it is.

just make sure your surround receiver is calibrated correctly (most of the good ones allow you to set distance and levels individually for each speaker) and in a passive surround mode (so it won't add any processing).

also, have fun!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

I remember the first time I listened to TDS in 5.1. The abrupt beginning of Reptile had scared me shitless.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I remember the first time I listened to TDS in 5.1. The abrupt beginning of Reptile had scared me shitless.
    heresy, man.... Fucking a that came alive

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Ill have to relisten to TDS 5.1 sometime. I skimmed it and it sounded freshly abrasive and challenging. I just picked up w_t 5.1 and listened to about half of it. I didn't hear much in the rear channels until "only" where the panning is crazy. I don't think I've got the setup quite right though (and I think my pioneer bcs 222 might be a bit crappy as far as 5.1 systems go)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

This had made me realize that I no longer have a means to listen to DVD-A or SACD. I forgot they took it out of the newer PS3s

TDS 20th anniversary on Blu-ray?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

We are fast approaching the 10 year anniversary of With Teeth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    We are fast approaching the 10 year anniversary of With Teeth
    Jesus-fucking-Christ that makes me feel old.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frothy_ham View Post
    Jesus-fucking-Christ that makes me feel old.
    woah!! me too.