Page 49 of 528 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was thinking last night, maybe the Fragile re-issue is on hold because Interscope are going to re-issue the entire catalog to cash in on the new album? (or maybe that'll be next year, released along with the Greatest Hits)

Broken+bonus tracks / Fixed - combined 2 disc reissue + new vinyl. maybe new 5.1 mix?
    TDS - I know it got remastered but that was almost ten years ago. new pressing of 5.1 mix
    The Fragile - big box set as hinted at over the past few years
    With Teeth - ? maybe. maybe just a re-issue with bonus tracks / demos
    YZ - who knows

I think what's more likely is that there'll be a boxset with EVERYTHING as opposed to individual reissues, but a girl can dream.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    but a girl can dream.
    wait, wait... what?

o_0

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    wait, wait... what?

o_0
    i definitely don't conform to gender stereotypes and am loathe to randomly assign gender roles to online personalities, but honestly, i have ALWAYS thought you were a dude, @butter_hole

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I always thought butter hole was trent so w/e

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    nin.com just went down... the source code is blank... Are they about to put up something new?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i definitely don't conform to gender stereotypes and am loathe to randomly assign gender roles to online personalities, but honestly, i have ALWAYS thought you were a dude, @butter_hole
    i had no idea anyone would even recognize me...didnt think i was that memorable
    i am a guy by the way. was a joke.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I've had NIN out of heavy rotation for a good long while now - there was honestly a time two years back when I thought I'd perhaps gotten tired. I think I just needed to give it a break because it's all kicking my ass again, especially YZ.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I've had NIN out of heavy rotation for a good long while now - there was honestly a time two years back when I thought I'd perhaps gotten tired. I think I just needed to give it a break because it's all kicking my ass again, especially YZ.
    I haven't listened to The Fragile since the Deluxe Edition was announced because I want to hear it with fresh ears. Checking ninwiki, it seems that the first time the reissue was mentioned was in 2009. So I haven't heard the album in four years...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    5.1 mix was first mentioned way earlier. Think WT-era access answers.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I forgot about that! But yes, I made the vow when it was announced on the twitter account as something that was actually happening, I think.

Here's the access Q&A from 2004:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Trent now probably doesn't want to release Broken or Fixed in Deluxe/Surround. But you never know.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Out of all the the NIN catalogue, Broken is the worst offender in terms of sound quality. It needs a remaster badly. When Last played at the end of The Cabin In The Woods, I thought it sounded awful.
    A bonus disc with demos etc wouldn't hurt, either. Damn, Broken-era demos would be amazing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Out of all the the NIN catalogue, Broken is the worst offender in terms of sound quality. It needs a remaster badly. When Last played at the end of The Cabin In The Woods, I thought it sounded awful.
    A bonus disc with demos etc wouldn't hurt, either. Damn, Broken-era demos would be amazing.
    keep in mind that trent and co. intentionally used phasing and various other techniques to make it sound...off. so it's possible remastering it would either eliminate all of the crazy/fucked up sounding stuff on the album, or it would bring it into such harsh relief that it would be nearly un-listenable.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'll probably shit my pants when I finally hear Track 71 in 5.1

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If they do remaster it, it should be Broken/Fixed/Movie. I know, it's on the pirate bay, but an official release (with motherfucking commentary) is much needed. Plus the triple gatefold design could have a disc on each fold.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If they do remaster it, it should be Broken/Fixed/Movie. I know, it's on the pirate bay, but an official release (with motherfucking commentary) is much needed. Plus the triple gatefold design could have a disc on each fold.
    This. So much this.

A pity that Peter Christopherson isn't with us any more. It would be great to hear his thoughts on the whole thing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This. So much this.

A pity that Peter Christopherson isn't with us any more. It would be great to hear his thoughts on the whole thing.
    What role did he play with the making of the movie?

*EDIT*

I just saw the wiki that he directed it. Talk about learning something new each day.....

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yes. He directed it as well as the video for Wish and the exclusive version of Gave Up that's only on the Broken movie [I think].

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Just ripped/demuxed the AC3 audio for the tracks on the AATCHB video that aren't on the official audio release. They sound great, too. I wonder why they were omitted. Hoping my rockboxed player can handle the raw AC3 so I don't have to transcode.

Edit: yup it did! Will need to remux into an mp4 container to add metadata and somehow split starfuckers/the beautiful people losslessly. Do I bother keeping the half of starfuckers or not is the question. Oh and sequencing.
    Last edited by jmtd; 06-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Yes. He directed it as well as the video for Wish and the exclusive version of Gave Up that's only on the Broken movie [I think].
    he also co-directed the videos for pinion and help me i am in hell (under a pseudonym), if i remember correctly.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This NIN Access question is pretty interesting. It's something I never thought twice about before, but now that we've had Ghosts I-IV, I wonder if he had the idea for that album way back in 2004?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A fellow NIN fan (that I met through the old version of this board) just invited me to his wedding. I sold him an extra pass that I had for the Meet & Greet/Soundcheck for Eric de la Cruz (Camden NJ 2009). I hung out with him and his girlfriend before and after the show, and I kept in touch with these guys through the years. I was humbled to get the invite today. I just posted this to say that people in this community are great and that it is amazing how music can bring people together.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Just ripped/demuxed the AC3 audio for the tracks on the AATCHB video that aren't on the official audio release. They sound great, too. I wonder why they were omitted. Hoping my rockboxed player can handle the raw AC3 so I don't have to transcode.
    My guess is that, after the apparent under-performance of The Fragile, Interscope didn't want another double disc Nine Inch Nails record. Can't fit all of the songs on one disc.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    NIN played Wish live supposedly before Broken was recorded, so I'm guessing that means a demo exists...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    NIN played Wish live supposedly before Broken was recorded, so I'm guessing that means a demo exists...
    I like to pretend there's a magical rainbow land with huge boxes of NIN demo tapes at the end of each one instead of pots of gold.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's going to get super old if the NIN FB account continues to spam me everydamnday with "New album Hesitation Marks out 9.3." until September. : /

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wonder if any artist in recent times has made their preliminary tracks just completely available to the general public...
    I mean, I know there's probably some red tape that would need be navigated in doing something like that, but
    it'd be cool if bands were just THAT open and transparent.. I honestly, along with everyone here, would SHIT if
    Trent and Co. just opened the vault doors and let us all in! Never gonna happen, but it'd be the best thing ever..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The contemporaries are almost all former Nothing Records bands, that's probably the connection.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The contemporaries are almost all former Nothing Records bands, that's probably the connection.
    i think it was mostly that TG & foetus were in the contemporaries section, not the influencers section. and that manson is in two sections.