Page 382 of 512 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,460 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    agreed! Ruiner (version) reminds me of skinny puppy. also Ruiner (version) and Heresy (version) are the best parts of Further down the spiral

i would also go as far to say that they are both the best remixes of the entire downward spiral era.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I would love for Trent to bring back a few of the FTDS/TFA (or even YZR now that it's so relevant) remixes in live shows (similar to playing one of the Closer remixes back in the 90's).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The Downward Spiral is the perfect record for the holiday season.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    It's funny because i have always thought the same thing...

TDS was a christmas present for me back in the 90's and i remember listening to it during Xmas, i've always linked this album to holiday season...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It's funny because i have always thought the same thing...

TDS was a christmas present for me back in the 90's and i remember listening to it during Xmas, i've always linked this album to holiday season...
    I got TDS for Christmas back in 1997. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago! Damn, I feel old now.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I got TDS for Christmas back in 1997. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago! Damn, I feel old now.
    I heard that! getting old isn't for the meek.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I got it for Xmas with a "NOW: That's what i call music" comp (yeah, you can laugh...) back in 1995, it was my first NIN album ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember getting Broken for Christmas in '92 and listening to it on repeat for hours at my grandparents house. That is my winter / holiday "album." Every time I listen to it that is what I remember. Now I feel old. Thanks.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I absolutely agree. However, I've also had The Fragile, and more recently, Ghosts I-IV in mind for the holiday season much more as of late.

The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine (It also kind of goes with the cool/cold for me.) also seem to go very well with summer too, but that's just me. Maybe it's also partly to do with the album cover (Then again, with covers one could go on and on with random visual associations/parallels.), but Broken is also a very summer release for me as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-06-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I absolutely agree. However, I've also had The Fragile, and more recently, Ghosts I-IV in mind for the holiday season much more as of late.

The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine (It also kind of goes with the cool/cold for me.) also seem to go very well with summer too, but that's just me. Maybe it's also partly to do with the album cover (Then again, with covers one could go on and on with random visual associations/parallels.), but Broken is also a very summer release for me as well.
    I like that people are associating albums with seasons, I have felt like NTAE has a Fall/Winter feel.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yo when da fuck is song exploder coming to something that isnt tidal?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    yo when da fuck is song exploder coming to something that isnt tidal?
    Within the week it's usually posted on their website/podcast feed. Not in lossless though, that remains Tidal exclusive.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Within the week it's usually posted on their website/podcast feed. Not in lossless though, that remains Tidal exclusive.
    Someone ripped it and put it on Reddit, so I listened to that. Now neither Tidal or Apple get my listen. I guess that's what early exclusives get you...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Someone ripped it and put it on Reddit, so I listened to that. Now neither Tidal or Apple get my listen. I guess that's what early exclusives get you...
    You could also have waited exactly one more day and had a higher-quality free stream direct from the artists, but okay, rage against that machine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    that "Red Horse Vector" bit in The Great Destroyer is much more prominent on mono bluetooth speakers. Still freaks me out. I remember hearing about it during the ARG, but never experienced it until recently after almost a decade of listening to the song.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    that "Red Horse Vector" bit in The Great Destroyer is much more prominent on mono bluetooth speakers. Still freaks me out. I remember hearing about it during the ARG, but never experienced it until recently after almost a decade of listening to the song.
    Wasn't it found when listening to the song in mono?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Wasn't it found when listening to the song in mono?
    I forget exactly. I thought it had something to do with the phase and swapping polarity or something, but maybe I'm overthinking it haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will there ever be a proper release of now i`m nothing??
    I want it soooo much.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Will there ever be a proper release of now i`m nothing??
    I want it soooo much.
    Trent said there's no studio recording for it, so unless he records a new version (which is doubtful), I don't think you'll see a release.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent said there's no studio recording for it, so unless he records a new version (which is doubtful), I don't think you'll see a release.
    agreed but we can dream. it's christmas after all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Which album(s) as a Deviation would be a very interesting listen? I think Pretty Hate Machine would be very interesting and different to listen to and think of how he got all the sounds fit and some demos/unreleased takes that wouldn't fit the album at the time. And then The Slip because since it was recorded in such a small period of time I wonder what the early versions sounded like and if there was any songs/short takes that didn't exactly sound right to him. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the slip would be a great deviations 2. also, year zero is a must!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I listened to it from the link nin posted on twitter and facebook. There’s a mp3 there.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i often accidentally misread "Broken" as "Borken" and imagine the swedish chef singing "wish" and then crack up. i feel like someone must have photoshopped the swedish chef into a still one of the videos from broken by now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i often accidentally misread "Broken" as "Borken" and imagine the swedish chef singing "wish" and then crack up. i feel like someone must have photoshopped the swedish chef into a still one of the videos from broken by now.

Well, it's happened now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    For some reason The Muppets and NIN get along just fine:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    For some reason The Muppets and NIN get along just fine:

Always liked this one more...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I didn't realize until today that Fixed was released so soon after Broken. I always assumed it was released in 1993.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I just hearing shit? In Just Like You Imagined, after the piano solo, I swear it sounds like the keys on the piano are being destroyed throughout the song after.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Nah, that's just .