Page 320 of 528 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 330 370 420 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,600 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    100 years forward, will people speak of music from 1990s and occasionally mention that small dead nine inch nails project and its breakthrough the downward spiral and that's it
    Yep, that very record that had 'fuck you like an animal' song and johnny cash cover.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yep, that very record that had 'fuck you like an animal' song and johnny cash cover.
    No, come on! All that people will remember of NIN is the Broken EP. It won a fuckin' Grammy!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Are you saying they listened to it and thought... I Do Not Want This?
    Ugh. That Hurt.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ugh. That Hurt.
    Think of a warm place.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    My eyebrow goes up whenever people on here question BMWAG and/or place it at the bottom of their lists, or name it a least favorite,etc. Highly suspect.
    My eyebrow just went up because this statement means those people actually exist.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Think of a warm place.
    Agreed. That's what I do. Doesn't it make you feel better?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think of a warm place.
    Warm places are usually occupied by reptiles. Yikes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Warm places are usually occupied by reptiles. Yikes.
    Way to go and spoil a good thing. God, you're such a ruiner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Way to go and spoil a good thing. God, you're such a ruiner.
    This conversation is becoming rather broken and sore.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    This conversation is becoming rather broken and sore.
    What a beautiful liar.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Sorry (not) I doled out a bunch of facepalms. I'm damaged on lyric quotes from a Facebook group or two. It's auto-cringe at this point.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Sorry (not) I doled out a bunch of facepalms. I'm damaged on lyric quotes from a Facebook group or two. It's auto-cringe at this point.
    The face palm was my goal. Thank you.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm gonna cum all over you.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    jfc we really need some real nin news

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    jfc we really need some real nin news
    Totally.

Right now I'm typing this and watching Judge Judy. I'd much rather be listening to new NIN.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    This turns out great with a few crossfades:
    01. Slipping Away
    02. The Great Collapse
    03. The Wretched (Version)
    04. No, You Don't (Version)
    05. The Frail (Version)
    06. Even Deeper (Love Dub)
    07. Where is Everybody? (Version)
    08. 10 Miles High (Version)
    09. Metal
    10. The New Flesh
    11. La Mer (Version)
    12. The Fragile (Deconstructed)

It's a damn shame so much TTA and Keith Hillebrandt remix work was left off TFA.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This turns out great with a few crossfades:
    01. Slipping Away
    02. The Great Collapse
    03. The Wretched (Version)
    04. No, You Don't (Version)
    05. The Frail (Version)
    06. Even Deeper (Love Dub)
    07. Where is Everybody? (Version)
    08. 10 Miles High (Version)
    09. Metal
    10. The New Flesh
    11. La Mer (Version)
    12. The Fragile (Deconstructed)

It's a damn shame so much TTA and Keith Hillebrandt remix work was left off TFA.
    I prefer this one:

01. Starfuckers, Inc.
    02. Starsuckers, Inc.
    03. Starfuckers, Inc. (live at Madison Square Garden feat. Marilyn Manson)
    04. Starfuckers, Inc. (Edit)
    05. Starfuckers, Inc. (And All That Could Have Been)
    06. Starfuckers, Inc. (version)
    07. Starfuckers, Inc. (version)
    08. Starfuckers, Inc. (version)
    09. Starfuckers, Inc. (live double speed feat. Josh Freese)
    10. Starfuckers, Inc. (The Day The World Went Away single version)
    11. Starfuckers, Inc. (Instrumental)
    12. The Day The World Went Away (Porter Ricks Remix)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I prefer this one:

This should be the bonus CD to Fragile deluxe edition.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If Trent ever did a nin album with guest vocalists, I’d definitely like to hear Kenny Hickey do some vocal work with nin.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I've been wanting to make this video for a while. I added Leaving Hope and The Persistence Of Loss to the ending of One Hour Photo to see how it works, and I think it works really well. See for yourself.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Totally.

Right now I'm typing this and watching Judge Judy. I'd much rather be listening to new NIN.
    I'm sure Trent is willing to meet you somewhere in the middle and contribute an original score with Atticus Ross to a feature-length episode of Judge Judy

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm sure Trent is willing to meet you somewhere in the middle and contribute an original score with Atticus Ross to a feature-length episode of Judge Judy
    I'd be exceptionally down with that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    now playing:

the downward spiral 2008 US pressing on 180g vinyl (purchased from the NIN store)
    definitely the best sounding out of the pressings i have (also have the 1994 original US promo pressing and 2008 EU "back to black" pressing, both are for sale)
    my only complaint is that they still didn't change the track segue issues (the intro of "i do not want this" is stuck on the side that ends with "the becoming", the intro of "reptile" is stuck on the side that ends with "eraser")

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I get that everyone's pining for a Fragile re-release on vinyl, but how on earth have Further Down the Spiral and Still not found their way to that format? I can't even fathom how amazing it would be to hear "Leaving Hope" or "Self Destruction, Final" on vinyl. Surely, Trent has the masters for these...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    I get that everyone's pining for a Fragile re-release on vinyl, but how on earth have Further Down the Spiral and Still not found their way to that format? I can't even fathom how amazing it would be to hear "Leaving Hope" or "Self Destruction, Final" on vinyl. Surely, Trent has the masters for these...
    Well, he didn't for Big Man With A Gun.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So Trent went for a different mix for The Fragile on vinyl. Any suggestions why he hasn't done so for other albums? Artistic or business reasons?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So Trent went for a different mix for The Fragile on vinyl. Any suggestions why he hasn't done so for other albums? Artistic or business reasons?
    Probably because he hasn't been faced with anything as enormous since.

>>

Formats

Reznor on the different track sequencing for different formats:
    "Hello everybody. I've been doing a lot of European press lately and they've been mentioning the various configurations of 'the fragile' and wondering if there was a reason (other than to make the hard-core fan buy them all) to have some different tracks on them.

If you're curious, here's why. We agonized over the sequencing of the record and focused solely on the CD config. as the definitive one. After the decision was made to move to two CDs the problem then became removing tracks to get the right feel and flow.

Taking the new flesh' off the CD was a tough call because Alan and myself really like the track, but it destroyed the balance and it just didn't fit.

When we assembled the cassette, we now had four beginnings and endings to contend with instead of two of each (for the CD) follow? It worked out pretty well just dividing the songs up, but we wanted the A sides of the cassettes to be slightly longer than the B sides (so that when the tape flips over you are not in the middle of the first song on that side). We added the 'appendage' to 'please' to make that work.

For the vinyl, the decision to move to three discs was based on fidelity. (you can only fit so many minutes on a side of vinyl before it degrades the sound)

So now we are faced with SIX beginnings and endings. Simply splitting the sides up didn't work as well this time so we decided to include the other two tracks we had been considering ('10 miles high' and 'the new flesh') as well as use the full unedited versions of all the other songs on the record. The vinyl sequencing has actually grown on me lately as a viable alternate! -just thought you might want to know…"
    —Reznor [5]

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, i've read that, it's just intriguing to think - would he do that again if the recording was big enough, or, thanks to "digital age", it's a thing of the past.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, i've read that, it's just intriguing to think - would he do that again if the recording was big enough, or, thanks to "digital age", it's a thing of the past.
    I think he would do it. I would hope that any artist who cares about how their art is experienced would take the time to prepare it properly for each medium it will be available for. He did it with Welcome Oblivion and that was after digital and streaming had gained popularity. He also attempted to do something with Hesitation Marks by offering a "audiophile" version that is specific to digital. The content is the same, but the experience is different.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Probably because he hasn't been faced with anything as enormous since.

>>

Formats

Reznor on the different track sequencing for different formats:
    "Hello everybody. I've been doing a lot of European press lately and they've been mentioning the various configurations of 'the fragile' and wondering if there was a reason (other than to make the hard-core fan buy them all) to have some different tracks on them.

If you're curious, here's why. We agonized over the sequencing of the record and focused solely on the CD config. as the definitive one. After the decision was made to move to two CDs the problem then became removing tracks to get the right feel and flow.

Taking the new flesh' off the CD was a tough call because Alan and myself really like the track, but it destroyed the balance and it just didn't fit.

When we assembled the cassette, we now had four beginnings and endings to contend with instead of two of each (for the CD) follow? It worked out pretty well just dividing the songs up, but we wanted the A sides of the cassettes to be slightly longer than the B sides (so that when the tape flips over you are not in the middle of the first song on that side). We added the 'appendage' to 'please' to make that work.

For the vinyl, the decision to move to three discs was based on fidelity. (you can only fit so many minutes on a side of vinyl before it degrades the sound)

So now we are faced with SIX beginnings and endings. Simply splitting the sides up didn't work as well this time so we decided to include the other two tracks we had been considering ('10 miles high' and 'the new flesh') as well as use the full unedited versions of all the other songs on the record. The vinyl sequencing has actually grown on me lately as a viable alternate! -just thought you might want to know…"
    —Reznor [5]
    I applaud Reznor for making each version of the Fragile unique to each of its formats. But there's no way he'll ever put that much effort and thought into making unique versions for various formats with future releases.

If he does, that will be wonderful.

Like @buckaroo mentioned, we can probably only expect audiophile versions and maybe surround sound versions.

on a side note: 1 and a half more weeks until the big announcement.