Page 308 of 528 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,240 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    So you can imagine the headlines if there was no such disclaimer and the click bait-y websites tried to start the NIN hype machine...
    Never mind, they fucking did it anyway. TFW @Leviathant is the *busiest* man in real life and still does better journalism than most other music coverage sites online.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Aren't we already getting the BTF soundtrack sometime this month?

Could be he releases a new NIN single in Nov or Dec, fulfilling the "new NIN in 2016" quota, and then a new album/release of some kind to follow in the first half of 2017..
    That's my guess at this point, I can see a February/March 2017 record release with something single related possibly hitting by November at least. He could of course just randomly throw a new album our way...but I think Trent still admires the roll out process, obviously Ghosts and the Slip were different for him in a "I'm free creatively!" sort of way...but even I still admire the record roll out/anticipation process.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @thefragile_joke

Like Radiohead, I think Trent got sick of doing the unique DIY not your usual album elease and will go the standard rollout route like with Hesitation Marks and Welcome Oblivion. The Slip, Ghosts, Niggy Tardust was his time of experimentation. Like Radiohead with In Rainbows and Thom Yorke's solo Tomorrow Modern Boxes record. Even Thom said recently he was sick of coming up with new ways of releasing music to people and just wants to go back to the usual way of doing things. He said it took up too much time and energy from just working on the album.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Honestly bitchy as some people get about Trent being on a label (gasp!!!) again and doing standard rollouts for music anymore, I think it's just people that got too caught up in the "dream" of a labeless industry that don't like the fact of the matter, which is, quite simply, at a certain point of success there's need for management, for some sort of gatekeeper that helps make things happen.

All of Trent's reasoning for being on Colombia made perfect sense from a business end, and whether people like it or not, it's called an "industry" for a reason. Can you be successful surprise-releasing everything? If you're famous enough and promote it right, sure. But the novelty of that method wore of a while ago, and things like Niggy Tardust proved it does require some level of prior fame, and it's ultimately easier to let somebody else handle the mess while you just focus on making things. The exact same thing has been happening with self-publishing vs. publishing houses and the exact same weird fringe attitude of "but it has to always be in our hands forever now!" exists among a lot of fans of e-books and self-published authors, too. These things are going to co-exist for pretty much ever, as long as money is an object. It only makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Props to Eminem for recognizing NIN again, he's cool.
    I feel like Trent is almost universally respected if not outright loved by industry people. Even my friends who don't like NIN know that Trent cannot be fucked with as a multi-threat musician. Other than the occasional lyric that doesn't age well and some bad fashion choices over the years, what can you really criticize with him? Couldn't ask for a more badass favorite artist.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    @thefragile_joke
    lol FAIL @neorev

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    That's my guess at this point, I can see a February/March 2017 record release with something single related possibly hitting by November at least. He could of course just randomly throw a new album our way...but I think Trent still admires the roll out process, obviously Ghosts and the Slip were different for him in a "I'm free creatively!" sort of way...but even I still admire the record roll out/anticipation process.
    You know...with all this soundtrack/instrumental work he's been doing since HM, it just may be Ghosts V-VIII that awaits us in the months ahead..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    and some bad fashion choices over the years, what can you really criticize with him?

I mean, really Trent? Fucking Bono...?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    The curly hair looks 'shopped... I think I see pixels...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    The curly hair looks 'shopped... I think I see pixels...
    It's his natural hair from the Bleedthrough era.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is the pink hat real tho?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    lol FAIL @neorev

You know...with all this soundtrack/instrumental work he's been doing since HM, it just may be Ghosts V-VIII that awaits us in the months ahead..
    LOL I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that name slip up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i have all the pictures from that rolling stone article / photoshoot up on the walls of my old bedroom at my parents' house (which is my recording studio). this one is my fav.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoops
    Sorry
    :P

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Trents hand gestures in that Bono picture: they always screamed "What can I do? The fucker just came over here, sat down and started talking to me!!!"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trent released a single a year to the day after he said "New NIN n 2016"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trent released a single a year to the day after he said "New NIN n 2016"
    I would love that

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    iteresting article on sperstar rcording http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...aign=100716_16

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but I'm calling bullshit on that curly hair photo. Any veracity there?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm calling bullshit on that curly hair photo. Any veracity there?
    That's clearly a photo of Kenny G that someone has photoshopped Trent's face onto.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I don't know why this is so hilarious right now.

Like it's a real goddamn picture.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I don't know why this is so hilarious right now.

Like it's a real goddamn picture.
    It's funny because it was meant as a joke

You know, because B-solo mentioned the occasional TR bad fashion statement

So I posted some goofy photos

of Trent in a pink hat, ridiculous green pea coat, obviously photoshopped curly hair, Bono..

not thinking it would need to be spelled out

Ffs, nevermind..

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    And yet you didn't use this one?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    He was listing worst, not greatest

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

It's becoming obvious that's TR's social media presence is becoming more intense, which is exciting because I think it means new NIN could happen any day now.

Edit: ie. Latest post about ACS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    It's becoming obvious that's TR's social media presence is becoming more intense, which is exciting because I think it means new NIN could happen any day now.

Edit: ie. Latest post about ACS
    Somebody posted an interview with marilyn manson here recently where he said he had no outstanding feuds and a clean slate or something to that effect, wonder if they have actually buried the hatchet?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What ACS post?
    edit: oh, tr's instagram.
    Last edited by fillow; 10-09-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What ACS post?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BLWVpN8D7GH/

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It's funny because it was meant as a joke

You know, because B-solo mentioned the occasional TR bad fashion statement

So I posted some goofy photos

of Trent in a pink hat, ridiculous green pea coat, obviously photoshopped curly hair, Bono..

not thinking it would need to be spelled out

Ffs, nevermind..
    At least it wasn't the Red Robe pic.
    I think its still a bannable offense to post that pic here.
    I still think that the "New NIN" this year might be the 5.1 The Fragile we have been waiting for. At least I hope it is.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I still think that the "New NIN" this year might be the 5.1 The Fragile we have been waiting for. At least I hope it is.
    Sorry but this would be awful. New nin means new, not a reissue. Trent would be troll of the year if he did that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Technically it could be new if it was released with unreleased songs from that era but, yeah I get what you mean.
    Could the unreleased Live performances count as new?

And for the worst case scenario, it could just be the Greatest Hits album that Trent still owes Interscope with a few new/unreleased songs on the compilation.
    Now that would be master class trolling for us fans.