Page 191 of 528 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 291 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I was watching the Eyes without a Face cover somebody posted the other day, and in the comments somebody said they used to do Def Leppard covers too, and now I just have this 'urge' to hear Trent do Pour Some Sugar on Me (although I think Hysteria was released too late for this). Dammit, where is more The Urge footage? There must be more of it as that video seemed so well filmed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.stereogum.com/1714361/mar...ay-binge/mp3s/ Manson ripping off the NIN logo pretty blatantly... and now that its mentioned, two superior songs: 'Come See About Me,' as performed by Afghan Whigs and a bit of PJ Harvey's 'Working for the Man.' This track inspires me to put those two tracks on a mixtape, however, so its all good.
    Last edited by SarahConnor; 11-04-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Since February 2008, when I first discovered NIN, I don't think I've gone a day without listening to at least one NIN track.

That's normal, right?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Since February 2008, when I first discovered NIN, I don't think I've gone a day without listening to at least one NIN track.

That's normal, right?
    Man, our timeline of finding out about NIN matches up, plus we do the same thing... NIN every day or bust, unless I have a fever or something.... then I put on Still. Infact, I did that last week when I had a series of Headaches, I just put heavier emphasis on Still or Ghosts because I couldn't deal with something like Wish.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

That's normal, right?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

That's normal, right?
    try since 1999...

that said, since about 2009 my nin-consumption has decreased dramatically. but for about 10 years that was pretty much the case...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's normal, right?
    Im doing it since 1998, at least one song at day. =)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    It does seem that way, but the way he explained the 2013-14 tours was: album finished, contract with label signed, shows offered, world tours. If it is a new album he is working on, I expect it to play out the same way. If he really doesn't want to tour it, I will be really surprised. Unless it is a another collection of Ghosts or something similar. It feels like WG again. Just really don't want NIN/TR to do constant, "this might/will be the last tour" thing plenty of older acts do
    In one of the many recent interviews, didn't he mention he wants to try and release a steady output of material instead of falling into the "release every two years" cycle? So it sounds like he's willingly trying to break the "studio/album release/tour" pattern, though of course, if he actually can remains to be seen.

I'd love a few years of solid musical output without shows in between. My bank account balance would love it too.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I want more tours*. Fuck my bank account.

*not right now or anything, but in the "near future" would be cool

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Excluding concerts, I've only met two other Nine Inch Nails fans.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Excluding just physically at concerts, or excluding people you met originally like on ETS and shit too?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wow- pretty bizarre realization just now.

We're driving up to Madison to see Slipknot/Korn tonight (DON'T JUDGE!!! Never saw them before and the GF is taking her son for his B day with a friend). It's 20 years to the date from my first NIN show at the same venue, haven't been to this shit hole since and doubt there's been much renovation since the Kohl Center was built here. Maybe I'll have some awesome flashbacks!!!...

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/1994/19941108.html

Also just realized I'm old. :/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Excluding just physically at concerts, or excluding people you met originally like on ETS and shit too?
    Just in general. One classmate I had in college and one coworker.

All other fans I've come across have been at the eight shows I've attended solo.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wow- pretty bizarre realization just now.

We're driving up to Madison to see Slipknot/Korn tonight (DON'T JUDGE!!! Never saw them before and the GF is taking her son for his B day with a friend). It's 20 years to the date from my first NIN show at the same venue, haven't been to this shit hole since and doubt there's been much renovation since the Kohl Center was built here. Maybe I'll have some awesome flashbacks!!!...

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/1994/19941108.html

Also just realized I'm old. :/

That was one sexy set list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That was one sexy set list.
    Eh. Too few The Fragile tracks.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Eh. Too few The Fragile tracks.
    Yeah, but THTF was not played!!!

got mixed feelings about this Korn/SK show right now, lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Haha, was thinking about going to that show just cuz I kinda want to check Korn off the list at some point (have only been a casual fan, I'd say, but still wouldn't mind seeing them live when it's literally 10 mins away). Couldn't find anyone to go with and didn't want to wait in line solo, plus I don't consider myself a big enough Slipknot fan to justify it, so I nixed the idea.

How was the show? Prob would've gone if I had known an ETSer was there to hang with.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    How was the show? Prob would've gone if I had known an ETSer was there to hang with.
    Was actually pretty good- I'll give credit where credit is due, from a crowd stand point it was one of the most energetic shows I've ever been to.

Not a huge fan of either band but lean more towards Slipknot. I liked Korn better tonight though, SK came across way "cheesier" than I thought they would (the 2 percussionists on a rotating spring, pyro). Ugh, and I swear to fuck I'm gonna have nightmares of Cory Taylor screaming "Madison"- I swear the fucker said it minimum 200 times. Both bands sounded great- vocals, mix, not too loud, bass response, etc. Smallish arenas are some of the best venues to go to but was surprised at the above-average sound quality.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This was always one of my favorite highlights from Closure. I also enjoyed how a song like I Do Not Want This was also juxtaposed to Trent's playful and flippant side, and seeing him make that shot against the exit sign. Aside from the destruction of that room, I also liked how it kept reminding me of Mr Self Destruct, since it also has the words "I am an exit." in it. In that case, he was certainly an exit for the exit sign.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anyone remember this fucking thing? http://music.joshmillard.com/2010/06...leward-spiral/

NIN fans are weird.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    That's two more than me.

Though I sometimes like to imagine that all sorts of people I know are secretly NIN fans.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It seems like The Fragile, With Teeth and Hesitation Marks seem to help me cope with loneliness and feeling out of place the most so far. I also mean that as a whole from each of them though, as there are lots of songs from any of the other albums that help me cope with those feelings and confused thoughts too. This probably could be subject to change, but that's just how it is with me and those albums as of right now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    How did I miss the implosion of the Tension DVD thread? Haven't seen a thread drown in bilious emanations like that in months.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    How did I miss the implosion of the Tension DVD thread? Haven't seen a thread drown in bilious emanations like that in months.

Wasnt so much an implosion as it just became redundant- resident troll shows up and we reply to his same thread-shitting posts. (I'm as much to blame as anyone)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    More of a … great collapse?

I'll show myself out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I finally own TDS on vinyl (back to black reissue), very happy

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Random NIN narcissism: I wore one of my NIN shirts to last night's Run the Jewels concert. El-P gave it his stamp of approval on IG.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I made a small place for nin fonts. I know we have plenty of nin font pages out there but mine has a few that are hard to find. I know this isn't all that's out there, let me know if there's any I should add. P.S. I made this in about an hour, marvel at my extraordinary geocities-esque html skills.

http://nindestruct.com/fonts.html
    Last edited by Pyract; 11-19-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: updated link

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The El-P remix of Only is my all time favorite NIN remix. Love that shit.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by space suicide View Post
    the el-p remix of only is my all time favorite nin remix. Love that shit.
    amen to that.