Page 142 of 528 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Same here, though I didn't get really into NIN until 02. I remember being so pissed after watching AATCHB and knowing that they played an hour away from me for that tour, and they basically didn't exist anymore (so many rumors flying around in that time period). And then nin.com started being active again. And talk of recording a new album. And the subtile changes to the site, and hidden teasers, and then suddenly THTF was on TV and there was an album coning out that I could go to the store the day it came out and listen to it, and a tour and I could finally actually see NIN live and I was so fucking excited. It was a fucking GREAT time to be a fan, having those few years to build up a love for what had already come out, and kind of "catch up".
    I can't even imagine how many times, in a fucking row, I watched that teaser. And then the others, as they slowly popped up. I do kinda miss that, though. Last time there was any kind of slow, beautiful buildup was YZ. A slight website change. A cryptic photo. 15-30 seconds of an indistinguishable bit of music. Just little tastes of what was coming.

They never did play Buffalo again, though.
    Guess you know how I feel. I got hooked at an extremely young age (single digits), and they played in my home town when I was nine years old. With Marilyn Manson opening. Two of my absolute favorite bands at the time, and both were putting on amazing shows in that era.

Except...being nine years old and all, I couldn't go.

Now? I'll still see NIN any time I get the chance. Manson? Please. I finally saw him in 2000, and even then, I was disappointed in his live abilities.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    IMO That was that last truly great era for Nine Inch Nails. You became a fan just in time!
    Especially for Echoing the Sound, but I didn't join it until 2004. I also kept checking out The NIN Hotline regularly, thanks to The Meathead Perspective, and all the hype during 2003-2004. He certainly called it though, as I mistakenly thought that there was going to be a NIN album released in 2004 at the time.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Got into them during the hype for WT.
    A question for the people who saw them during The Fragile era: how were the live shows? It was when Trent was at his worst, so he says. Was he fucked up all the time on stage, forgetting lyrics and what not?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    A question for the people who saw them during The Fragile era: how were the live shows? It was when Trent was at his worst, so he says. Was he fucked up all the time on stage, forgetting lyrics and what not?
    No. I saw him twice on the fragility tour and both times nothing stood out. The worst online clips I saw though were in other countries so ymmv. AATCHB is pretty representative of the shows I saw. FDtS tour was actually crazier (although he probably wasn't as high)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Unfortunately, I became a fan in 2008 and the next year NIN went on major hiatus. Needless to say, the past year has been a really exciting time to be a fan.
    Same here, but I don't think our experience compares to anyone who was waiting for TF or WT — we've had two huge soundtrack albums and HTDA to keep us occupied. Those 90s/00s gaps must have felt like a post-apocalyptic desert.

Not to mention that there were two albums in '08, and LITS was the first North American tour to hear anything from YZ. We were totally spoiled.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 05-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Happy 9th birthday, With Teeth. You're still a sexy motherfucker.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Happy 9th birthday, With Teeth. You're still a sexy motherfucker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's probably some sentimentality attached to it, but the first NIN show I went to was Fragility in 2000 and it was absolutely fucking fantastic. Thanks to RITC I've listened to that show quite a few times and there's nothing off about it at all. When I listen to the recording, there IS one spot before TDTWWA where he's thanking the crowd for their support and he says "we appreciate it" where it sounds like he MIGHT be slurring a bit, but the performance was totally on point.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    At least the shows werent a mess. I have tried drunken kareoke a few times and it never turns out well. That's the only way I can relate to playing a sold out stadium.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I saw them in London 1999 and it's still one of my favourite shows ever - but that was right at the beginning of the tour. Look up Tokyo in 2000 which is the worst i've seen, Big Day Out in Australia, he seemed entertainingly high rather than embarrassingly high like Tokyo

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Same here, but I don't think our experience compares to anyone who was waiting for TF or WT — we've had two huge soundtrack albums and HTDA to keep us occupied. Those 90s/00s gaps must have felt like a post-apocalyptic desert.

Not to mention that there were two albums in '08, and LITS was the first North American tour to hear anything from YZ. We were totally spoiled.
    Spoiled was Summer 2013 with all those live webcasts. That was insane. I even caught them playing Lollapalooza on my iPhone while on a vacation trip.

Technology is great...atleast until it becomes self aware and Skynet becomes real and Trent ends up writing music about it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    LOL, you guys remember when everyone thought the teaser sample of Beside You In Time was reversed audio? Good times.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I saw them in London 1999 and it's still one of my favourite shows ever - but that was right at the beginning of the tour. Look up Tokyo in 2000 which is the worst i've seen, Big Day Out in Australia, he seemed entertainingly high rather than embarrassingly high like Tokyo
    Just watched MotP from Tokyo..... that's pretty sad. Glad to know not every show from that era was like that though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I knew I knew Aaron North from another band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, just posting this to trick fate, or be able to say I told you so. I've seen NIN seven times, and I've yet to see my favorite song (Somewhat Damaged) played. I'm seeing them in Stockholm and Copenhagen next week and I could bet that they won't play Somewhat Damaged on either date, but they'll play it in Oslo, which is the date in between these two shows. Calling it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, youtube search "option 30 gotta look sharp." Trent's looking Miami vice sharp!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    So, just posting this to trick fate, or be able to say I told you so. I've seen NIN seven times, and I've yet to see my favorite song (Somewhat Damaged) played. I'm seeing them in Stockholm and Copenhagen next week and I could bet that they won't play Somewhat Damaged on either date, but they'll play it in Oslo, which is the date in between these two shows. Calling it.
    It took me till my 8th show (the Wave Goodbye random setlists) to see my favorite song, The Wretched, even with it being considered a fairly consistent staple.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN twice and had to sit through my least favorite song twice (Echoplex) but the second time I saw them I got to see my second favorite track Somewhat Damaged. <3 <3

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Well my favourite NIN songs are AATCHB and Zero-Sum, so I'm shit out of luck

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN 73 times and they played The Perfect Drug at 74 of those shows.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've seen NIN 73 times and they played The Perfect Drug at 74 of those shows.
    Wait a second....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I've seen NIN twice and had to sit through my least favorite song twice (Echoplex) but the second time I saw them I got to see my second favorite track Somewhat Damaged. <3 <3
    I'm not really sure what this post is but I'm pretty sure you're making fun of me. People on message boards have feelings too, you know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My Beats "NINstrumentals" playlist if anybody is interested... https://listen.beatsmusic.com/playli...92188259565824

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    1:06 mark of "Love Is Not Enough" - can we agree that that "HEY!" is the start of all following "HEY!"s appearing subsequent to With Teeth coming out?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also, today (May 6, 2014) marks 10 years since my grandmother passed away. On this day, back in 2004, nin.com updated for the first time in years. It was a bittersweet day.

In any case, "Beside You In Time" (the song) had never struck a chord with me until about 60 seconds ago when I listened to the "I am all alone this time around..." - probably because of the above. We were incredibly close.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Also, today (May 6, 2014) marks 10 years since my grandmother passed away. On this day, back in 2004, nin.com updated for the first time in years. It was a bittersweet day.

In any case, "Beside You In Time" (the song) had never struck a chord with me until about 60 seconds ago when I listened to the "I am all alone this time around..." - probably because of the above. We were incredibly close.
    Sorry to hear that, man. Beside You In Time always reminds me of my grandmother too!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I listen to Gunshots by Computer way more than Hyperpower. So when I listen to Hyperpower, I'm like, where are the lyrics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to the BYIT dvd while working today. Holy shit that lineup sounded good. Makes me wish they'd add a bass player again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just thought of something, the last time that Trent played Closer was at the festivals before Tension. I'm happy that he's taking a break from it, but I hope that it's not completely dead.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Makes me wish they'd add a bass player again.
    Y'know this would be a really weird sentence in reference to almost any band except for NIN. And even then, it's just weird.