Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    with Trents recent love letters to The Fragile, would be killer to hear songs like "We're In This Together' and 'Into The Void' and 'Great Below" etc.....also to see a festival crowds confused reaction to these songs would be worth it as well

At this point, unfortunately, it's doubtful we will get WITT live again. Trent's voice just can't handle the chorus anymore. I'll never forget reading about the one soundcheck where people wanted him to play it and he mentioned that he can't sing it anymore but if someone wanted to come up and sing it they would play it. That lucky sob that got to do that... fucking get on stage during the sound check and sing with the band...

But yeah, I think we would all love some more Fragile-heavy setlists, especially songs they haven't done before or are rare/haven't been played since Fragility.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    At this point, unfortunately, it's doubtful we will get WITT live again. Trent's voice just can't handle the chorus anymore. I'll never forget reading about the one soundcheck where people wanted him to play it and he mentioned that he can't sing it anymore but if someone wanted to come up and sing it they would play it. That lucky sob that got to do that... fucking get on stage during the sound check and sing with the band...

But yeah, I think we would all love some more Fragile-heavy setlists, especially songs they haven't done before or are rare/haven't been played since Fragility.
    is there a video of the guy singing WITT?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    is there a video of the guy singing WITT?
    There might be, it was a while ago (I think it was the Wave Goodbye Australia, or maybe NIN|JA?) that would be a good question for @ninlive perhaps.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    There might be, it was a while ago (I think it was the Wave Goodbye Australia, or maybe NIN|JA?) that would be a good question for @ninlive perhaps.
    2007 was a good year. they played it live several times during the eu tour. i was witness when they played it april 2007 in frankfurt. you can easy find it all @ yt.
    Last edited by witte; 03-25-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    To my knowledge, I don't remember seeing anything.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I agree he can't hit those high notes anymore but he can try to sing in a lower register...similar to what he did with 'The Becoming' in 09