Page 65 of 528 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    See, the vinyl track listing, to me, just makes things more right...adds more in the name of flow. I don't really feel like it's a ton longer. Like, let's talk 10 Miles High. I kinda need it there.
    Yeah, that's the tough call. For me it's also about the lead-in to Please; after lo these many years, I'm so very used to hearing that scattered 'I'm getting closer...all the time' right into the BANG of Please's opening. But every once in awhile I pop 10MH right there too and yeah, the repeated 'Tear it all down' works just as well if not better to lead into the song's theme. If I had to choose just one vinyl piece to add to the CD, that'd be it.

The New Flesh, though...I think Complication works much better moving into 'I'm Looking Forward...' Now, I like TNF just fine, but it's a slow mover, and its place toward the end of the album kinda drags a little, I find. Another consideration is 'I'm Looking Forward...' I quite like the manic tempo of Complication, dying town to the strings, and moving straight into that one. And the tone of 'Looking Forward'...in consideration of the fact that TR wrote it for the grandmother that meant so much to him...I kinda find its placement between the menacing tone of TNF and the chaos of The Big Comedown would leave it in too dark a place, for lack of better phrasing. It's a bleak, beautiful piece that works well to transition from Complication's funky crazy to the murkiness of the last of the album without needing TNF on top of it.

Seriously, one of the things that always grabbed me about TNF was just how goddamn dark and eerie it sounds. First time I heard it I could have sworn it was some sort of TDS B-side. I once envisioned it with all the lyrics removed in favor of 'Just do it. Nobody cares anyway.' and shuddered.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    What does the band do with their old stage productions? Like the LITS screens and whatnot. I've always been curious of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I imagine they rent that stuff somewhere. Buying everything needed for every tour would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post

This poster gave me cancer. Hey... isn't it the cover for the rare "I Like Dudes" EP?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Yeah, that's the tough call. For me it's also about the lead-in to Please; after lo these many years, I'm so very used to hearing that scattered 'I'm getting closer...all the time' right into the BANG of Please's opening. But every once in awhile I pop 10MH right there too and yeah, the repeated 'Tear it all down' works just as well if not better to lead into the song's theme. If I had to choose just one vinyl piece to add to the CD, that'd be it.

The New Flesh, though...I think Complication works much better moving into 'I'm Looking Forward...' Now, I like TNF just fine, but it's a slow mover, and its place toward the end of the album kinda drags a little, I find. Another consideration is 'I'm Looking Forward...' I quite like the manic tempo of Complication, dying town to the strings, and moving straight into that one. And the tone of 'Looking Forward'...in consideration of the fact that TR wrote it for the grandmother that meant so much to him...I kinda find its placement between the menacing tone of TNF and the chaos of The Big Comedown would leave it in too dark a place, for lack of better phrasing. It's a bleak, beautiful piece that works well to transition from Complication's funky crazy to the murkiness of the last of the album without needing TNF on top of it.

Seriously, one of the things that always grabbed me about TNF was just how goddamn dark and eerie it sounds. First time I heard it I could have sworn it was some sort of TDS B-side. I once envisioned it with all the lyrics removed in favor of 'Just do it. Nobody cares anyway.' and shuddered.
    Good points... I can understand.

And TNF...as a song in itself, it's like a drug. Dark and eerie, alright, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Punch your balls off!!!! Watching Woodstock '94. 20 years ago! Crazy...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Whenever I see that NIN2013 logo I'm instantly reminded of that Primal Scream song 2013 which starts to play in my head. Grr, go away!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    What does the band do with their old stage productions? Like the LITS screens and whatnot. I've always been curious of that.
    they will be hired, not bought, so they go back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Album release in the US is a month away from this day. Less than a month away in other countries, and hopefully it leaks later today. Or tomorrow.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    For me, Came Back Haunted is already a certified NIN classic. I love it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dear god I finally got a handle on it. The beginning ambience of Corona Radiata sounds exactly fucking like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride when your still in the coves. You people have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You know, it just occured to me that Sunspots would nicely fit the new sound and mood of this tour...plus it was never played live...and I love that song!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think all the love in the world would also fit good into the new more electronic-like first few songs of each set

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Punch your balls off!!!! Watching Woodstock '94. 20 years ago! Crazy...
    is there a clip of the intro (with that speech) on youtube?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Dear god I finally got a handle on it. The beginning ambience of Corona Radiata sounds exactly fucking like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride when your still in the coves. You people have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out.
    Thank you! Oh sweet baby, Seabus, thank you!!
    That is one of those things that would pop into my head every once in awhile and I would never have figured out that was what it was from!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I rocked so hard at the Black Sabbath concert that I can't move my head today...
    When I saw Rob Zombie, I rocked so hard that I actually threw my neck and back out and couldn't move at all when KoRn was onstage and my friends had to help carry me out to the car after the show, and then I still couldn't move for three days after that...

I have a feeling that when I see NIN in October, I might not actually survive. Death by self inflicted neck severing will be worth it to see them again.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    As of last night, I've been to 30 NIN shows, starting in 2005. I can't open up to just anybody about that fact, so thanks for understanding without needing an explanation, ETSings. /Recovering NIN addict

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

If I ever need a reminder on what a cool Mom I have…here’s this.

She got me this when I was in junior high. She found it at some flea market. To this day, I don’t know what the bigger coolest oddity of having this is…the fact that someone made a Trent Reznor light switch….or the fact my Mom knew exactly what the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails looked like.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

If I ever need a reminder on what a cool Mom I have…here’s this.

She got me this when I was in junior high. She found it at some flea market. To this day, I don’t know what the bigger coolest oddity of having this is…the fact that someone made a Trent Reznor light switch….or the fact my Mom knew exactly what the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails looked like.
    Or the fact that you've turned TR on so many times over the years...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    lolololol. I almost dropped my laptop laughing at that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    As of last night, I've been to 30 NIN shows, starting in 2005. I can't open up to just anybody about that fact, so thanks for understanding without needing an explanation, ETSings. /Recovering NIN addict
    I pretty much hate you for that fact.

I've only seen them twice, but here's hoping I can make up to that next year when they hit Europe. I'm planning on seeing them in every city that will be anounced and has a friend of mine living there so I can crash on their couch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just listened to Tetsuo for the first time in awhile. It always makes me feel like I'm listening to a Godzilla movie.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I hit 19 at the end of this month. NO REGRETS.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been to over 30 too. But then I know people who've done like 400 so whatever.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The October show in DC will be my second NIN show. I tried to go to all the other shows after I saw them in 05, but I either couldn't afford the tickets, couldn't get to the show, or wouldn't even know about the show until it was too late. So when I got my tickets for this show, I damn near pissed myself from over-excitement

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've been to over 30 too. But then I know people who've done like 400 so whatever.
    The higher the number the luckier you are. Outside Lands will be 5 for me and Staples Center will be 6.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just found a really stupid way to 'remix' NIN, check out one of the latest live videos and hit "2.0x speed" under the settings cog.
    Ha.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I love you guys.