Page 424 of 528 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 524 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,720 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    what makes you say that? also, am I the only one abstaining from any BW leaks or reviews until the album is made available through official channels?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Nope. I am too.
    i never listen to leaks. i always try to listen to the physical version of an album when it comes out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i never listen to leaks. i always try to listen to the physical version of an album when it comes out.
    I don’t have any issue with people who do this. But I also don’t understand. Listening to a leak 2 days before, hearing it in its entirety, isn’t any different than the day it shows up in your iTunes or whatever.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I don’t have any issue with people who do this. But I also don’t understand. Listening to a leak 2 days before, hearing it in its entirety, isn’t any different than the day it shows up in your iTunes or whatever.
    because, like i said, i wait for the physical copy and listen to that. i'm a huge vinyl collector and when i buy something on vinyl, that's how i listen to it for the first time. i actually really like trent's vinyl mission statement as that's exactly how i consume new music.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    I'm never ordering from NIN.com ever again. This tracking info is garbage and I'm getting the runaround from both UPS and NIN. /rant
    ???

i have no problems at all with the tracking. UPS tracking is far superior to the post office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    because, like i said, i wait for the physical copy and listen to that. i'm a huge vinyl collector and when i buy something on vinyl, that's how i listen to it for the first time. i actually really like trent's vinyl mission statement as that's exactly how i consume new music.

If you prefer to listen on vinyl, that makes sense. But just being a physical copy doesn’t make much difference imo. I say that as I’ve interacted with many who were waiting for a cd/download ON release date. Like hearing it on the date is different

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    If you prefer to listen on vinyl, that makes sense. But just being a physical copy doesn’t make much difference imo. I say that as I’ve interacted with many who were waiting for a cd/download ON release date. Like hearing it on the date is different
    if it was like NTAE where i knew i wouldn't have the vinyl in hand for months after the download became available, that'd be different (i listened to that as soon as it was released digitally, over and over). but since i haven't received a legit download yet (and i don't like to use leaks) and i'll have the vinyl in hand in two days, i'd much rather just wait until i can throw it on my turntable and give it all my attention.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Been listening a lot to Michael Jackson as of late since my fiancée is a fan. I knew MJ loved TDS, but I was still surprised to learn just how much some of his songs leaned towards industrial.

I think the NIN inspiration in that one is very obvious. He even takes a stab at Trent's terraced dynamics with the piano breakdown. I'm guessing Trent wouldn't have touched him with a ten-foot pole in the mid-90s once the accusations started piling up, but if MJ hadn't passed in 2009, a collaboration would've fit very nicely into the Hesitation Marks sound.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-21-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As much as I love Bad Witch, I'd love to hear some of that "more extreme version of Add Violence" EP3 one day - if some recorded form of it does exist, that is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I honestly thought it was Peter Murphy for a second when the vocals came in on "Over and Out."

Insane.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New nin.com interview
    I’M MAKING SET LISTS FOR SHOWS COMING UP AND THERE’S VERY LITTLE ON THERE FROM THAT ALBUM BECAUSE I DON’T FEEL IT RIGHT NOW. WHEREAS, I WAS REALLY DOWN ON WITH TEETH FOR A LONG TIME BUT NOW, FOR WHATEVER REASON, IT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. NOT THAT I LISTEN TO IT THAT MUCH BUT IT POPPED ON THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT, FUCK, I FORGOT I EVEN WROTE THAT SONG.
    Squeeeee, more WT on this tour please.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Who renamed my track 01 of Add Violence to "<" ??

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I honestly thought it was Peter Murphy for a second when the vocals came in on "Over and Out."

Insane.
    Ditto. I was on a quest for liner notes to confirm this and nope, it's Trent. Wild.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    As much as I love Bad Witch, I'd love to hear some of that "more extreme version of Add Violence" EP3 one day - if some recorded form of it does exist, that is.
    I was thinking about that quote and I figured he was referring to the concept of the lyrics being more extreme, and not the music? Since we've dialed down from "full Matrix virtual reality" to "this is dirt and a broken computer chip and everything you believe in is bullshit." Basically, the virtual reality is in your head and your own illusions. But, yeah, I don't know, and also it'd be interesting to hear either way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The last two EP's feel like they're the soundtrack to a horror/sci-fi movie about time travel.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Gosh, that NIN.com interview reminded me to Matthew McConaughey in "True Detective"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All this love for Childish Gambino/Donald Glover from Trent, I think I might explode if they ever did anything together.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I could really go for some stem tracks to remix from this trilogy.
    Last edited by mfte; 06-21-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I could really go for some stem tracks to remix from this trilogy.
    I want to @ teitan about this. We need the stems!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I want to throw money towards NIN, but the store is declining my debit card... Why even...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Trent has been talking about how pessimistic/nihilistic the last few releases have been but after listening to all of them I always feel a weird sense of confidence and optimism.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Punk industrial jazz...never thought it could go together so well

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I thought it would be cool to have a proper list on Ranker for people to vote on their favorite NIN albums. So yeah, I took the time to do that.

https://www.ranker.com/list/ranking-...oczynski-filho

Does it deserve its own topic?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is an extremely odd comparison. But being one who grew up watching Professional Wrestling, after listening to all of NTAE/AV/BW, I feel like I did when the “old” Stone Cold returned to WWE. All that’s missing is Jim Ross’ commentary.

Last edited by Bachy; 06-22-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    This is an extremely odd comparison. But being one who grew up watching Professional Wrestling, after listening to all of NTAE/AV/BW, I feel like I did when the “old” Stone Cold returned to WWE. All that’s missing is Jim Ross’ commentary.

God damn I loved this era of professional wrestling. Sure, maybe the Invasion didn't turn out that great in retrospective ... but the fallout of the end of WCW and what the hell could happen next was so much fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Whenever I listen to Less Than, I want Trent to scream "IT'S COCKLIKE" at the end of each chorus. Thanks for ruining me, ETS.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So I guess YZ2 in 2022, during trump's second term?
    I was sort of surprised that Trent didn't go into full on blatant protest mode with this trilogy and I'm kind of glad he didn't because what we got is so vital and nuanced.
    But I've got to admit that I REALLY want something from Trent that is like an obvious scathing trump indictment.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Really want TR&AR to score a horror film now after listening to Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Really want TR&AR to score a horror film now after listening to Bad Witch.
    David Fincher is slated to direct World War Z 2, so it’s very possible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    It trips me out how much I feel like Trent and I are often on the same wavelength. I've been interpreting NTAE as being about the fear of still just ultimately being a self destructive addict in the end.
    I was careful to say that it's just MY interpretation, but then, I'll be damned, that IS what it's about. Edit: per recent interview
    I know music is subjective and everyone interprets this shit differently, but if you've been a struggling addict, lemme tell you: NIN lyrics hit you in a certain frightening way.
    And then, lately I've been having these frighteningly nihilistic thoughts (basically that NOTHING matters) and questioning my faith in god, but I just can't put it into words. And then, here comes Ahead of Ourselves.

Fucksake.

This band has hit me on such an insanely personal level, lyrically, since I was 12. Obviously we all probably feel that way, so this isn't very goddamn profound, but I think addicts will understand what I mean here.

I hate to say it but I would imagine that some of the people who NIN touched the most are dead or in prison. I certainly know that's the case with some of my closest friends who were NIN fanatics and are now six feet under.