Page 412 of 528 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 512 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,360 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    I never liked the fact that the music video for "The Day The World Went Away" was scrapped even though there was decent amount of footage. I decided to stitch it up and compile it using the provided footage. See if it fits:

Where did you get the footage ? Any download link in highest quality possible of the multiple sources ? Or just the name of the sources, to ask other people about it, maybe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anyone knows what's the live video where Trent wears some kind of black outfit with military boots with an armband ? It's during the day, and I think they're playing Closer and he got some effect when he says the animal part. Might be part of a Year Zero tour.

Appreciating the help.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Trent and Atticus - What’s In My Bag
    It's Jerry. It's always Jerry.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Anyone knows what's the live video where Trent wears some kind of black outfit with military boots with an armband ? It's during the day, and I think they're playing Closer and he got some effect when he says the animal part. Might be part of a Year Zero tour.

Appreciating the help.
    Black outfit could be pretty much any tour, military boots pretty much every tour too. Armband with the "r" from the AIR flag would be Performance 2007, if it was more like a "The Slip"-style patch, that was Wave Goodbye.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Appreciating the help.
    August 22, 2007 -- Dublin... Might not be the exact video, but is this the outfit?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Shout out to TR for bestowing us with "Discipline." I will never not have a road trip karaoke session to that song.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Appreciating the help.
    Black outfit with military boots...So that could be any show from 1994, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2017

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Black outfit could be pretty much any tour, military boots pretty much every tour too. Armband with the "r" from the AIR flag would be Performance 2007, if it was more like a "The Slip"-style patch, that was Wave Goodbye.
    Yep, it was the "r" armband, so around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    August 22, 2007 -- Dublin... Might not be the exact video, but is this the outfit?
    Annnd I think that's it yeah. I remember seeing it much closer but that's practically it, thank you very much ! edit : It's EXACTLY the one edit2 : hmmm there's a flying camera @1:00, I wonder where that vid is

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Black outfit with military boots...So that could be any show from 1994, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2017
    Oh yeah he always plays during the day, he always plays Closer and he always got some effect when he says the animal part. And he has only done a Year Zero tour, no other tour.
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 05-09-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's a thought. With all the emphasis on "Physical Experience" that NIN has been pushing lately (Vinyl, Physical components, ticket lines at venues), where the fuck is the physical Bluray of the shows they've recorded? I'll gladly go to a physical location and wait in line for that!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Spring, 2014.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Can't wait for Shit Mirror to be a slow, thoughtful song in the vein of Hurt and AATCHB

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Can't wait for Shit Mirror to be a slow, thoughtful song in the vein of Hurt and AATCHB
    "i hang this mirror of shit
    upon my bathroom wall
    it's really hard to see
    anything at all"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's been too long since we had a really solid studio cover by NIN. I know we had the Halloween theme song, and we have HTDA's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" from 2011 or so, but ... I want a solid pop/rock/new wave cover. A full studio version of "I Can't Give Everything Away" would be great, but I'd take another new track too since that was more of a live tribute.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    It's been too long since we had a really solid studio cover by NIN. I know we had the Halloween theme song, and we have HTDA's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" from 2011 or so, but ... I want a solid pop/rock/new wave cover. A full studio version of "I Can't Give Everything Away" would be great, but I'd take another new track too since that was more of a live tribute.
    Don't forget Zoo Station, which I still think is a great cover, even if it's on the quieter side of things.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Don't forget Zoo Station, which I still think is a great cover, even if it's on the quieter side of things.
    Ah! I always forget about Zoo Station. But that's still 7 years ago! I want a new studio cover!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    I hope Trent does something unique and pertinent, like an exact copy of Personal Jesus (if it's not already taken)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    A dancing in the streets duet with a Bowie hologram or gtfo

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I still think he should cover “madman across the water” by Elton John. It’s dark and very symphonic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "You've been temporarily locked out due to suspicious behaviour. Please try again later."

nin.com

ARG?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's been happening for weeks with random people already. Jesus.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Where did you get the footage ? Any download link in highest quality possible of the multiple sources ? Or just the name of the sources, to ask other people about it, maybe.
    I got it from Vimeo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A Minute to Breathe is right there with AATCHB, The Great Below, Hurt, SICNH... One of the most beautifu track they ever made. Should have been NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So with all this physical presale talk who out there is fucking rocking "Physical". The can't remember if I posted during the solar eclipse, but I was rocking sunspots hard that day! Now with the cave, sun talk the new slipmat, ect make want to ducking crank it again. Sunspots is probably in my top 5 favprite NIN songs, someday it's number one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    So with all this physical presale talk who out there is fucking rocking "Physical". The can't remember if I posted during the solar eclipse, but I was rocking sunspots hard that day! Now with the cave, sun talk the new slipmat, ect make want to ducking crank it again. Sunspots is probably in my top 5 favprite NIN songs, someday it's number one.
    Sunspots is my number 2

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anyone else having a difficult time getting nin.com to load? For the past week I've been noticing that it takes FOREVER to load, sometimes failing to load at all, sometimes it only loads the text in an html format where things like the site menu and updates are unordered lists displayed as a bulleted list, with no images. Today I've been getting the message about being temporarily locked out a few times. Yet it seems to always work just fine on my phone...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I’ve always loved that image of the snake in the “Hurt” live performance. I never realized its significance till now. It appears just before Trent sings “What have I become?” — So essentially (obviously [not to me before]) it can symbolize the shedding of ones skin, like a snake. That is some provocative shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Sunspots is my number 2
    I swear I heard them jamming it in warm-up/rehearsals on the With Teeth tour. On the tracked page of NIN stuff played live it's listed as only as a warm up track before the show, that was me that noted it - I was so excited that show to possibly hear it, but then nothing - and I don't think was ever played live. My ears could have been deceiving me but it was also one of my favourite NIN tracks, and I loved that album, so I was so excited to hear it. I wonder why he never gave it a shot... such a beautiful song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    I swear I heard them jamming it in warm-up/rehearsals on the With Teeth tour. On the tracked page of NIN stuff played live it's listed as only as a warm up track before the show, that was me that noted it - I was so excited that show to possibly hear it, but then nothing - and I don't think was ever played live. My ears could have been deceiving me but it was also one of my favourite NIN tracks, and I loved that album, so I was so excited to hear it. I wonder why he never gave it a shot... such a beautiful song.
    I think they don't do it live because he can't/it hurts to get his voice that high

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    I think they don't do it live because he can't/it hurts to get his voice that high

That's the reason they quit doing WITT, at least. Could be the reason. Or maybe he just wasn't happy with how it sounded.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    That's the reason they quit doing WITT, at least. Could be the reason. Or maybe he just wasn't happy with how it sounded.

Found it. You can tell around :54 why it's just not feasible live imo. Which is a shame because its my 2nd favorite song