Page 401 of 528 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,030 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the fuck is this?

apologies if it's been posted before. I don't have time to search.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    what the fuck is this?

apologies if it's been posted before. I don't have time to search.

do not click on this link you can not un hear this !!!!!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    That Atlanta show was when the fan club tickets got fucked up. They said go to will call but the tickets were on the other side of venue.
    I didn't know that and that shit sucked. I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster months earlier.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I didn't know that and that shit sucked. I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster months earlier.
    It was a weird thing. Do you go to this venue a lot ? I’ve gone there all my life and will call was always on the left side of the venue. That was the main entrance. There’s another entrance on the other side of the venue and the fan club tickets were there. I’ll never forget standing outside while nin started playing. I was like nooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It was a weird thing. Do you go to this venue a lot ? I’ve gone there all my life and will call was always on the left side of the venue. That was the main entrance. There’s another entrance on the other side of the venue and the fan club tickets were there. I’ll never forget standing outside while nin started playing. I was like nooooooooooo!
    I think that was the last time I went to that venue. I don't go to a lot of shows. I've seen NIN twice at the Lakewood Amphitheater in 2006 and 2009 plus Pearl Jam in 2003, the Cure in 2000, and some of Lollapalooza '95. I never had problems with that but it's just gone through so many changes in name and such. It's terrible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    THIS however is fucking gold!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think that was the last time I went to that venue. I don't go to a lot of shows. I've seen NIN twice at the Lakewood Amphitheater in 2006 and 2009 plus Pearl Jam in 2003, the Cure in 2000, and some of Lollapalooza '95. I never had problems with that but it's just gone through so many changes in name and such. It's terrible.
    I’ve seen tons of shows there. Nine inch nails at least 5 or 6 times. I don’t know where the fuck up occurred that day. 🤷♀️ it was bad but it was fine in the end.

I did get to go to the 99x backstage nin performance at Lakewood in 2006 which remains one of the coolest things to happen to me. It was me and about 11 people. They took us in a room and we sat on the floor. Trent sat at table and peter Murphy had a mic. It was broadcasted live in the radio. My friends were listening. ets was listening. Trent was really nice to me. I almost passed out. Perhaps my favorite nin memory ever. ❤️

(Off topic my parents took me to see Elton john at Lakewood in 1990. My first real concert.)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    JA is a band I loved mid 90s but I just can't dig anymore. Might be all the personalities involved.
    Similar situation here. My peak Jane's fandom was a while after yours, but at some point I lost most of my interest almost overnight, like a lightswitch was flipped. Ritual De Lo Habitual was my very favourite album a few years ago, but now the hooks just don't work like they used to. Very strange.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’ve seen tons of shows there. Nine inch nails at least 5 or 6 times. I don’t know where the fuck up occurred that day. 路♀️ it was bad but it was fine in the end.

I did get to go to the 99x backstage nin performance at Lakewood in 2006 which remains one of the coolest things to happen to me. It was me and about 11 people. They took us in a room and we sat on the floor. Trent sat at table and peter Murphy had a mic. It was broadcasted live in the radio. My friends were listening. ets was listening. Trent was really nice to me. I almost passed out. Perhaps my favorite nin memory ever. ❤️

(Off topic my parents took me to see Elton john at Lakewood in 1990. My first real concert.)

Didn’t a vast majority of pre-sale fans get screwed out of seeing the first few NIN songs due to the fuck up? Correct me if I’m wrong with that. I think Trent went on social media in a future attempt to “make things right” but never followed up on it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Didn’t a vast majority of pre-sale fans get screwed out of seeing the first few NIN songs due to the fuck up? Correct me if I’m wrong with that. I think Trent went on social media in a future attempt to “make things right” but never followed up on it.
    He followed up. He was true to his word. It was really cool. People love to think he’s an asshole but he’s has a good heart and connects with so many fans. There’s tons of experiences we’ve heard about but I bet he does way more for his fans than we’ll ever know.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    He followed up. He was true to his word. It was really cool. People love to think he’s an asshole but he’s has a good heart and connects with so many fans. There’s tons of experiences we’ve heard about but I bet he does way more for his fans than we’ll ever know.
    Oh, god- I never meant that! Trent definitely is one of the better musicians that connects to his fans. I was more active on the NIN dot com forum at the time and months went by without him following up on his word about “making the situation right” IIRC (ie: people not happy about it or a response from the NIN camp). As far as I recall he just let the situation slide by. What did happen as far as a follow up with that Atlanta fiasco?...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Oh, god- I never meant that! Trent definitely is one of the better musicians that connects to his fans. I was more active on the NIN dot com forum at the time and months went by without him following up on his word about “making the situation right” IIRC (ie: people not happy about it or a response from the NIN camp). As far as I recall he just let the situation slide by. What did happen as far as a follow up with that Atlanta fiasco?...
    I didn’t think you meant that. I feel like, in general, his angry rocker persona of the past and his public feuds might shape the idea for casual or non fans that he’s callous and uncaring. Most fans know he’s a softee.

They told us Atlanta kids not to post about it online and as far as I know, no one has. I don’t know why. But I will tell you they went out of their way. There was no obligation to do that. He made it happen. I will never forget.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This radio silence from the band is killing me. When will you take my money, Trent?
    I'm ready for them reissues!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    This radio silence from the band is killing me. When will you take my money, Trent?
    I'm ready for them reissues!
    https://isstillonvinylyet.info/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just noticed, in the chorus of In This Twilight : "We can find a better place" / in The Background World : "There is no better place"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "While I'm Still Here" is fucking great.

For the record (heh), I'd absolutely pay $40 and wait 6 months again for Still on vinyl. No shame.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Robin Fincks' legs are hilarious.

And All That Could Have Been is an extremely apt title for the live album, as it could have been so much better. No Somewhat Damaged, Even Deeper, The Way Out is Through, to name a couple of reasons.

The Downward Spiral live is a beast of a song. (Insofar as I can know that from youtube videos)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    The Downward Spiral live is a beast of a song. (Insofar as I can know that from youtube videos)
    It really sucks that it wasn't included with the proshot footage on Closure. They used all the songs around it from the show (Eraser/Hurt/Wish) but cut the end of Hurt right as TDS is starting. Bizarre decision, considering it's the focal point of the show with the scrim filling with blood and dropping – I assume someone wasn't happy with the footage they got.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Can confirm it is awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    For the record (heh), I'd absolutely pay $40 and wait 6 months again for Still on vinyl. No shame.
    One of my absolute favorite albums of any artist. I'd wait a YEAR if it meant getting Still

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I have trouble spending money on myself for the most part. I got my tax refund & splurged a little this morning. Ordered a "ghost trees" shirt & a zip up hoodie. I bought a shirt & hat @ the Vegas show & was pretty happy with the quality & design. A nice belated birthday (2 weeks ago) present to myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I have trouble spending money on myself for the most part. I got my tax refund & splurged a little this morning. Ordered a "ghost trees" shirt & a zip up hoodie. I bought a shirt & hat @ the Vegas show & was pretty happy with the quality & design. A nice belated birthday (2 weeks ago) present to myself.
    Got a picture of the hat you can share? I've been asking for one for months but nobody cares about hats, just vinyl these days. I'm trying not to spend money either so I want to see a picture first...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ruiner is the greatest song of all time

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    While I'm not the biggest fan of the suggested idea of a catalogue retcon where everything is somehow tied into Year Zero, it's interesting reading the full lyrics to The New Flesh and thinking about Opal. "The blackest eyes", indeed.

I can take it
    Sideways
    Sometimes
    Some things
    Feel like
    I'm on the other side
    Waves
    Of every feeling ever felt
    …screaming

Hold it close
    (So) I can taste it

I've watched this scene a thousand times
    And in my head
    This is how it all begins
    Yes, I am becoming
    And this is how it all begins
    What did you expect?
    This is not an exit
    This has begun

I can almost see
    The blackest eyes
    The new flesh
    A new disguise
    …Welcoming…

Please

Give it to me
    I can take it
    Give it to me

I can take it

I've become [alive]

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Got a picture of the hat you can share? I've been asking for one for months but nobody cares about hats, just vinyl these days. I'm trying not to spend money either so I want to see a picture first...
    It's this one. Only thing not wild about is plastic tabs for sizing but other than that is fine. Looks like sold out though.

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...k-baseball-hat

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    While I'm not the biggest fan of the suggested idea of a catalogue retcon where everything is somehow tied into Year Zero, it's interesting reading the full lyrics to The New Flesh and thinking about Opal. "The blackest eyes", indeed.
    I always took the lyrics to be (more or less) about heroin.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I always took the lyrics to be (more or less) about heroin.
    Well yes, it and almost everything prior to Year Zero was written in TR's journal entry style. Hence why I mentioned not being a fan of the catalogue retcon. But it is an intriguing parallel nonetheless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    It's this one. Only thing not wild about is plastic tabs for sizing but other than that is fine. Looks like sold out though.

https://store.nin.com/collections/cl...k-baseball-hat
    I am looking for a real picture of the hat, the one on the NIN store has a Photoshopped logo on it. I want to see how the embroidered logo turned out, is it too big, too small, wonky looking (I've had bad luck with embroidered NIN logos on clothing items in the past...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I am looking for a real picture of the hat, the one on the NIN store has a Photoshopped logo on it. I want to see how the embroidered logo turned out, is it too big, too small, wonky looking (I've had bad luck with embroidered NIN logos on clothing items in the past...
    my phone fried 3 weeks after warranty expired. when i get that sorted out, i'll take a pic. no camera at present. i thought the pic on the site was a pretty accurate representation of what i have. btw: fuck samsung & sprint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    Failed to mention or didn't think his drone guitar on one song really contributed much to the album as a whole?
    A guitar drone that was replaced by a synth drone on the 2010 Bicycle reissue