Page 400 of 400 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400
Results 11,971 to 11,989 of 11989

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #11971
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So it looks like Jimmy Iovine is leaving Apple. Since he was the one that brought Trent on board for Apple Music, I wonder if Trent will be leaving as well.

  2. #11972
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,855
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    So it looks like Jimmy Iovine is leaving Apple. Since he was the one that brought Trent on board for Apple Music, I wonder if Trent will be leaving as well.
    Iovine's stock is about to become actually usable and that's why he's jumping. I doubt there's any connection, Iovine didn't really have a job at Apple beyond being the "industry guy".

    Also, dude's in his mid 60s, maybe he just wants to retire with Atticus' sister. Who he's married to

  3. #11973
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    So it looks like Jimmy Iovine is leaving Apple. Since he was the one that brought Trent on board for Apple Music, I wonder if Trent will be leaving as well.
    Are we sure TR hasnít already left?

  4. #11974
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I really like this new Justin Timberlake single, Filthy. I’m reading comments on twitter that it reminds them of Closer
    https://youtu.be/gA-NDZb29I4

  5. #11975
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’m reading comments on twitter that it reminds them of Closer
    https://youtu.be/gA-NDZb29I4
    I think the only comparison to make is that Mark Romanek directed both music videos.

  6. #11976
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    y'all remember Mark Onofrio?

  7. #11977
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The comparison to Closer is ludicrous. Lyrics are shockingly bad. I have no idea what the song is even about, and that's after looking up the lyrics (some arrogant loser trying to seduce?). The chorus melody seems ripped from a '90s boy band. The only good thing I can say about it is that it has a beat, but that's it. Without the Very Expensive video, it would be nothing. Shit wrapped in silver foil.

  8. #11978
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,018
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's funny how some of "the hits" have taken on a sense of relevancy (and potency) again in light of current events. Head Like A Hole came on while I had my music on shuffle, and it suddenly felt as fresh as it probably did when it first came out. I was feeling every beat and every word as if it was the first time I had heard it. A very bizarre but great experience.

  9. #11979
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    TIL that NIN have played a show in Tommy Wiseau's birthplace.

    Oh, and @ninlive ? The correct town name is "Poznan", please fix it.

  10. #11980
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,492
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    TIL that NIN have played a show in Tommy Wiseau's birthplace.

    Oh, and @ninlive ? The correct town name is "Poznan", please fix it.
    tommy wiseau is polish??? that really doesn't explain his accent at all...

  11. #11981
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    561
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Oh, and @ninlive ? The correct town name is "Poznan", please fix it.
    Typo. and fixed.

  12. #11982
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,944
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Still is so amazing. I never burn out on it, never play it too frequently and every time I revisit it I come away with a stronger appreciation for what they did on it. Usually "band does a bonus disc for something" amounts to a couple of interesting obscurities and nothing more, and then Trent goes and releases what's basically another album with versions of old songs so different that they feel totally new, and it's relegated to a special edition of a CD version of a DVD. It's amazing. I'm really looking forward to when we get the vinyl version of it in 2058.

    Also, Trent's vocal delivery on And All That Could Have Been is one of his best studio performances ever. Those lyrics could feel cheesy or melodramatic so easily but he nails it and makes it feel so genuine and raw. The live versions of Something I Can Never Have and The Becoming on it are also all-time bests. For an album that's half instrumental it's got potentially the best vocals the man's ever delivered.

  13. #11983
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    831
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    tommy wiseau is polish??? that really doesn't explain his accent at all...
    One of my bosses is Polish and I hear little Wiseau twangs in his accent all the time!

  14. #11984
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mostly the UK
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Almost managed to lose my brand new Deviations vinyl at ASDA today. My mind must have been elsewhere when I put it down while packing my groceries at the self-checkout lane and I just fucking went home without it. Luckily the store is just about a ten minute walk from my place (less than three if you're running for all you are worth), and they had it safe and sound at costumer service. Since it still had the price tag on I had to endure some looks and obvious wisdom about £62 being a lot of money to lose like this, but by then I was smiling to myself thinking of the Sandbag/Firebrand threads. They have no idea.

  15. #11985
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portland, Ore
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    tommy wiseau is polish??? that really doesn't explain his accent at all...
    And Slash is British but sounds nothing like it. Accents can be weird...but it does change if you live in a place for a long enough time

  16. #11986
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,125
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Was just listening to 32 Ghosts IV. Jesus Christ, that bass in the final 1:30 is fucking phenomenal.

  17. #11987
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Still is so amazing. I never burn out on it, never play it too frequently and every time I revisit it I come away with a stronger appreciation for what they did on it. Usually "band does a bonus disc for something" amounts to a couple of interesting obscurities and nothing more, and then Trent goes and releases what's basically another album with versions of old songs so different that they feel totally new, and it's relegated to a special edition of a CD version of a DVD. It's amazing. I'm really looking forward to when we get the vinyl version of it in 2058.

    Also, Trent's vocal delivery on And All That Could Have Been is one of his best studio performances ever. Those lyrics could feel cheesy or melodramatic so easily but he nails it and makes it feel so genuine and raw. The live versions of Something I Can Never Have and The Becoming on it are also all-time bests. For an album that's half instrumental it's got potentially the best vocals the man's ever delivered.
    Leaving Hope is definitely one of the best closing songs as well. I'll never forget how that song first made me feel

  18. #11988
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Happy 50th Atticus!

  19. #11989
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,809
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    That person who is harassing Trent and his kids is a DEAD MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions