Page 393 of 528 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 443 493 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,790 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    right, but this doesn't show all the nin songs. I can't find any database that does.
    Edit: digging deeper into it, it does show most of them (but it is missing a few.)
    I'm interested on how this works: does NIN get paid for these songs being used or no?

It's pretty damn cool: no other tv drama has more NIN than CSI.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-17-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It's very hard for me to put it into words right now, but Not The Actual Events and Add Violence are giving me quite the mind screw trip whenever I ponder about how both EPs connect and relate to previous works. I was about to post about again, as I've posted about it before, but just had to stop myself for now this time around. It really all just boils down to fantasy and speculation anyway. (With some exceptions.) As fun as it is, I really am at a loss for words, but that's also because it's quite fascinating to see how Trent created a world in his music, or dare I say, multiverses, dimensions, timelines and personas. The lore keeps going on and on.

What I will say though, is how I ended up enjoying imagining and picturing the concept of those albums audibly and visually in relation to Broken (Thanks to the movie itself as well.), The Downward Spiral and Year Zero. That's been sometimes fun for what it's worth.

Just when I thought the surprises were over, that happens. And I'm entirely grateful. It also always amazes me how there really is always a unique experience per release, which always succeeds to make all of them even all the more memorable.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-17-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I've been buying Nine Inch Nails albums as gifts to give as presents for birthdays and Christmas to friends over the past couple of years. I love this musician as much as the next person here, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this, especially on the whole buying multiple albums part, but I actually never expected to love this musician to that point. (Although, I've kind of done it with other musicians, but not as much as NIN.)

And well, not that it should surprise anybody, especially on ETS, but just about all of them liked or even loved what they heard, which was pleasantly surprising, since most of them never ever heard of NIN before meeting me.

I don't know why it took me so long to admit it though, but I have actually mentioned it a few times before. (Or perhaps I just forgot that I did.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ah, now I know why Trent has a love for the tambourine. Tracy Partridge. He did admit to being a fan of the Partridge Family so this make sense. We will miss you Keith, Tracy, and Mr. Kincaid.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So I was reading the AV liner notes and I saw Tom Baker's credit has changed to being from "Baker Mastering" - I like that Trent's longest lasting collaborator has left the old company and is now doing the same shit solo

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i would like to see trent do some more work with adrian belew.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but Aaron North is my favorite NIN live guitarist. Nothing against Finick, but I found North much more interesting on stage, and I liked how frenetic he sounded.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    If Reznor was to cover an Elton John song, it should be “madman across the water”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My PS4 currently sounds like it was produced by Trent Reznor.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Rob posted this on Twitter:

@nineinchnails fans: I've received some comments about NIN products/services recently and just want to clarify that I have not been associated with NIN since 2014 and am not able to respond to issues related to them - please reach out to them directly. Thanks! -Rob
    I didn't know he split that long ago.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i just watched the vevo tension video for the first time (better late than never). it's an amazing performance. i wish they would've put up the whole show. i saw them a few weeks after it was filmed. although it was a bit different, i really liked that tour. pity the video was never commercially released like originally planned. would've been cool to have the surround sound but the 1 i downloaded sounds real good.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i just watched the vevo tension video for the first time (better late than never). it's an amazing performance...
    To date, the Lights In The Sky tour is still my favorite, and as a production the Tension tour felt like an extension of the LITS tour on some levels. Having the addition of Lisa and Sharlotte really helped to distinguish it though. If you like the VEVO, you might find the Austin City Limits NIN broadcast to be worth a look.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    To date, the Lights In The Sky tour is still my favorite, and as a production the Tension tour felt like an extension of the LITS tour on some levels. Having the addition of Lisa and Sharlotte really helped to distinguish it though. If you like the VEVO, you might find the Austin City Limits NIN broadcast to be worth a look.
    thanks, i've seen that one. i'm pretty much ready to go along with trent wherever he wants to go. can be assured that it will be interesting at the very least.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It's an absolute sin that And All That Could Have Been has never been played live, despite having an entire double album and DVD named after it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    It's an absolute sin that And All That Could Have Been has never been played live, despite having an entire double album and DVD named after it.
    Then there's also this:

JayAmari: Trent, will we ever get to hear "And All That Could Have Been", "We're in This Together Now" or "Sunspots" live?
    trent_reznor> Yes, maybe and yes.
    http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=288

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Dude, The Perfect Drug and Everything were both SINGLES. Like what kinda band doesn't play singles, is Trent just trying to be REM

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but Aaron North is my favorite NIN live guitarist. Nothing against Finick, but I found North much more interesting on stage, and I liked how frenetic he sounded.
    that guy was wild. didn't he take Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar from hard rock? i recall hearing a story about that. could've been when he was in icaraus line.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    that guy was wild. didn't he take Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar from hard rock? i recall hearing a story about that. could've been when he was in icaraus line.
    Yeah, was comical

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Yeah, was comical
    No so comical when you realise that that episode and many of his other antics were actually because he was severely mentally ill, possibly bipolar and manic depressive. Source: https://www.spin.com/2013/09/aaron-n...s-icarus-line/

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Classic Trent; the two "yeses" never being played, while the one "maybe" did. Not complaining, but I really see no reason why AATCHB could not be played. At least Sunspots sounds quite hard to sing, plus Trent seems to fucking loathe the songs from WT in general.

Not playing Everything was straight up a pussying out on his part though. The real Trent who used to perform Kinda I Want To in small clubs while confettis were being thrown at him would play Everything without any hesitation.

Anyway, here's Hurt. Good night everyone.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    No so comical when you realise that that episode and many of his other antics were actually because he was severely mentally ill, possibly bipolar and manic depressive. Source: https://www.spin.com/2013/09/aaron-n...s-icarus-line/
    sad story

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Yesterday i received my physical copy of "Add Violence" and i got so happy!

I thought i will end up ordering the "Not the actual events" CD, i already have the physical component, but Trent knows "we pick things up" (we are collectors).

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    jonvincent: I heard that you were willing to do a re-released version of Pretty Hate Machine with extra songs, but Ryko wouldn't pay for it. What extra songs do you have that are unreleased from that era? Any chance they can be posted on iTunes or on nin.com for free?

trent_reznor> There are a FEW snippets that are from that era that with the proper motivation could be developed / finished / mixed.
    I wonder why the heck these weren't on the 2010 remaster...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    He can't charge $80 for a 4-disc version of Purest Feeling see

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    He can't charge $80 for a 4-disc version of Purest Feeling see
    Inb4 Purest Feeling: Deviations 2

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    He did toss in Get Down, Make Love on the remaster. That was an obscure B side

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    He did toss in Get Down, Make Love on the remaster. That was an obscure B side
    I don't think a song NIN played live and was easily downloadable is obscure. Unlike, say ... Slate, Twist, Purest Feeling and Maybe Just Once

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't think a song NIN played live and was easily downloadable is obscure. Unlike, say ... Slate, Twist, Purest Feeling and Maybe Just Once
    The studio version was only available on a 20 year old import CD single that was most likely out of print. To remaster it and throw it on the 2010 version of PHM was at least throwing a bone to the diehards...Twist, MJO and PF probably were never even recorded during the PHM sessions...Now if he really wanted to do a deluxe box set for PHM, then he could put out a whole disc of demos and unreleased stuff that I am sure he has in the vault (like those demos Atkins was hawking on ebay a few years back) but since when has NIN ever gotten a deluxe box set reissue for anything....So 1 extra song is about as good as its gonna get, so minds well embrace it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Classic Trent; the two "yeses" never being played, while the one "maybe" did. Not complaining, but I really see no reason why AATCHB could not be played. At least Sunspots sounds quite hard to sing, plus Trent seems to fucking loathe the songs from WT in general.
    Maybe AATCHB is similar to La Mer in terms of meaning to Trent, so he finds it hard to play.
    As for Sunspots, he didn't sound that bad in that one rehearsal, but that was 2005...