Page 383 of 398 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,490 of 11911

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the new nin hasn't been as blatantly political as YZ.
    Maybe the third ep will be.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really want We're In This Together to be played live again. I like the live version alot more than the album version. Don't get me wrong the album version is nice and all but it just hits harder in a live setting.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^^^ I don’t recall TR “disowning” AATCHB at all. That’s out of left field for me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    "Live 2013 EP" is REALLY good. I wish he'd release more seeds like this. "Came back Haunted" From lollapalooza is HYPE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    ^^^ I don’t recall TR “disowning” AATCHB at all. That’s out of left field for me.
    The Q&A's from 2004 have him saying something similar to this: "i can't watch it at all. i was sick for most of that tour and i really don't think it was nine inch nails at it's best -- i was certainly not at MY best."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070514...1_04/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In light of the 'new' AV and NTAE material, and a full tour at the horizon, just watched the official ninVEVO videos from Dec 2013 of The Big Come Down into While I'm Still Here again... fuckin' A, simply just got blown away...
    Last edited by eik; 08-26-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the live version of Sanctified from 2013 / Tension is one of the most exciting and enjoyable things NIN-wise I've listened to over the last 4 years. And I love the recent EPs.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eik View Post
    In light of the 'new' AV and NTAE material, and a full tour at the horizon, just watched the official ninVEVO videos from Dec 2013 of The Big Come Down into While I'm Still Here again... fuckin' A, simply just got blown away...
    why did you put "new" in quotes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why did you put "new" in quotes?
    First of, I find the new material absolutely stunning. However, to get a proper grip on them (and I'm not talking digital) is another story, as you and plenty others mentioned. I only received my NTAE vinyl this week (ordered back last December) and have it on permanent rotation since then. Still, it doesn't feel that new anymore with all the strings attached in the ordering process (not mentioning my problems with TF Deviations 1 here). Let's see for the AV vinyl...

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eik View Post
    First of, I find the new material absolutely stunning. However, to get a proper grip on them (and I'm not talking digital) is another story, as you and plenty others mentioned. I only received my NTAE vinyl this week (ordered back last December) and have it on permanent rotation since then. Still, it doesn't feel that new anymore with all the strings attached in the ordering process (not mentioning my problems with TF Deviations 1 here). Let's see for the AV vinyl...
    ah, i thought you were implying (like some others have) that parts of the new EPs were actually recorded during previous sessions and weren't completely new (which i disagree with completely). thanks for clearing that up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The dun dun dun part of Ruiner, and the noise in the background (I have always said it reminds me of a water faucet dripping, idk why) never fails to give me goosebumps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The first and last words of Pretty Hate Machine

God money I'll do anything for you

and

Do something for me

always thought this was cool

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The dun dun dun part of Ruiner, and the noise in the background (I have always said it reminds me of a water faucet dripping, idk why) never fails to give me goosebumps
    I noticed that the "wind" noise that plays throughout is very similar in The Lovers and Not Anymore. It always reminds me of a horror movie or something, infact alot of TDS is very dark sounding and I love that shit. Trent and Flood really knew what they were doing on that album.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-28-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    I think the live version of Sanctified from 2013 / Tension is one of the most exciting and enjoyable things NIN-wise I've listened to over the last 4 years. And I love the recent EPs.
    I was really pleased that they brought it back this year for the surprise NYC show. I only got to see it in 2014 when Ilan was playing the bass part, would have been amazing to hear Pino tackle it in his style as he did on some of the Tension shows (not the one I saw, unfortunately).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I noticed that the "wind" noise that plays throughout is very similar in The Lovers and Not Anymore. It always reminds me of a horror movie or something, infact alot of TDS is very dark sounding and I love that shit. Trent and Flood really knew what they were doing on that album.
    I love walking late at night while listening to Not The Actual Events and Add Violence, it makes the atmosphere within the songs so much more real and exciting, it makes songs like She's Gone Away, Not Anymore, The Lovers etc very scary in a good way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    I love walking late at night while listening to Not The Actual Events and Add Violence, it makes the atmosphere within the songs so much more real and exciting, it makes songs like She's Gone Away, Not Anymore, The Lovers etc very scary in a good way

I did this early in the summer, before AV came out. Decided at 2am to walk a mile to the closest gas station while listening to NTAE. It really is a different atmosphere doing it that way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Now this is turly random.

In one of my many 'strange' dreams i was part of an 80s/90s movie wherein a bunch of teens are killed in a remote location by witches (stay with me).
    I escaped by flying away keeping low to the ground so as not to be noticed but everyone else was killed.
    Now in order to bring them back i had to figure out the truth of death, which is that the afterlife is a combination of 2 records you last listened to. Once i realized this i figured out i was the one who died, not the others, and was here to warn everyone. But not before the last record i listened to, Deviations, had come back to kill me. Seriously the record had half a head with empty white eyes and long, uneven teeth it used to constantly rip into me and anyone who got close...then i woke up.

...i look at my Deviations LP rather differently now.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    The first and last words of Pretty Hate Machine

God money I'll do anything for you

and

Do something for me

always thought this was cool
    And even more so when you include the "Devil's flesh and bone" part.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    And even more so when you include the "Devil's flesh and bone" part.
    reading that made me feel a bit randy... meow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the new nin hasn't been as blatantly political as YZ.
    Maybe the third ep will be.
    I find myself feeling opposite to this. While I do agree that I'm also surprised it is not as politically-charged as I expected (especially since it alludes connections to Year Zero and the ARG), I am very thankful it is not.
    Last edited by pinata89; 08-29-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    I find myself feeling opposite to this. While I do agree that I'm also surprised it is not as politically-charged as I expected (especially since it alludes connections to Year Zero and the ARG), I am very thankful it is not.
    Same. YZ already gave us the head-on political stuff, and based near current era (with some things eventually becoming true or near-true). It could risk repetition, or going too close to ideas already explored.
    Last edited by blassster; 08-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I get the feeling that Aaron and Twiggy teased Alessandro when they all toured together.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Anyone here reading the little blurbs in the NIN discography?

I thought And All That Could Have Been has an interesting description and wonder what Trent means by "WORKING ON IT" when he brings up being out of print. Will we be getting a reissue?

Also Besides You In Time says "THE VIDEO PORTION EXISTS SOMEWHERE."
    Last edited by neorev; 08-29-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Re-watching Joe's Apartment after God knows how many years tonight, and whoah. Nice shirt.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I miss The Hole.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    The Q&A's from 2004 have him saying something similar to this: "i can't watch it at all. i was sick for most of that tour and i really don't think it was nine inch nails at it's best -- i was certainly not at MY best."

https://web.archive.org/web/20070514...1_04/index.php
    so it's not as much disowning as it's just being and artist and growing from some of your past aesthetic choices I guess

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I get the feeling that Aaron and Twiggy teased Alessandro when they all toured together.
    the bullies always get to the gay kids lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    so it's not as much disowning as it's just being and artist and growing from some of your past aesthetic choices I guess
    With all due respect, I don't think it has anything to do with aesthetic choices. He remembers what state of mind he was in and can probably remember or at least tell by watching himself what he felt like back then and how fucked up he was. It's just not enjoyable to see video footage of yourself from the worst period of your life. I wouldn't say disowning as much as not wanting to revisit the past and be reminded of that time in his life.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I am the bullet in the gun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Random nin thought while stoned: has the word MONEY been used in a nine inch nails song since head like a hole? With all the call backs lately, I think he should get some on part 3.