Page 379 of 528 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,370 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Buddy of mine just sent me this article criticizing a lot of the stuff Trent said in that recent Vulture interview: https://melmagazine.com/trent-reznor...y-ab102e6bf11b
    Writer of the article sounds like a bit of a wank. Trent's answers sounded pretty balanced in that interview. He clearly stated he understood both sides of the coin, but in this day and age a balanced opinion isn't exactly something people can relate to, it seems, since most everyone thinks you either have to completely love something or outright hate it.
    Last edited by Tyson; 08-12-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Writer of the article sounds like a bit of a wank. Trent's answers sounded pretty balanced in that interview. He clearly stated he understood both sides of the coin, but in this day and age a balanced opinion is exactly something people can relate to, it seems, since most everyone thinks you either have to completely love something or outright hate it.
    It's all about clickbait because journalism is in a worse state than music so they parcel up the interview with inflammatory headlines to get hits.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, but the rest of the article was just as inflammatory as the headline. The whole thing just seemed like a young person not liking something an older person said, because they're old and they should "get with the times." Even though, from how I understood it, Trent was saying there was something special about the way people consumed music back in the day that a lot of younger people don't get to experience because of they way the world works now, and he would like to try to give people that experience. Which is why I assume he said this:

DIGITAL FORMATS AND STREAMING ARE GREAT AND CERTAINLY CONVENIENT, BUT THE IDEAL WAY I’D HOPE A LISTENER EXPERIENCE MY MUSIC IS TO GRAB A GREAT SET OF HEADPHONES, SIT WITH THE VINYL, DROP THE NEEDLE, HOLD THE JACKET IN YOUR HANDS LOOKING AT THE ARTWORK (WITH YOUR FUCKING PHONE TURNED OFF) AND GO ON A JOURNEY WITH ME.
    -TRENT REZNOR
    But, naturally, some people are looking to be offended by the least little thing, so they take it as an insult rather than an older person trying to share something they think might be an enjoyable experience.
    Last edited by Tyson; 08-12-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

Just got done doing this
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ETS-covers-NIN

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    didnt see it,

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    In TFE's booklet, there's a document in the background picture collage that mentions Prince of Darkness, Inc. Googled it for fun.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_oh/900782
    https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/34497394F
    Last edited by blassster; 08-12-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What the hell happened?

For over ten years NIN live has bugged me with bad spinning class habits like "Whoa!" "C'mon!" "Yeah!" "Whooo!"

Suddenly, Add Violence comes out, and it's all gone. Gone is the all that forced fill-in-every-silence-gap with energetic lame outbursts.

Good job, whoever helped Trent to work out those bad habits, good work, Trent, if you discovered it all by yourself.

NIN is awesome live again.

(The occasional YEAH! is obviously still awesome)

P.S. Occasional, Trent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've been avoiding all set list spoilers so I really have no idea if he's been playing it. I'm really holding out hope to see "Right Where it Belongs" live.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my Add Violence t-shirt. Of the 10+ NIN shirts I own, this is definitely in the Top 3.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The reissues have got me thinking of this lately: it's kind of surprising how little Interscope has done to take advantage of owning the rights to most of the NIN catalogue. Setting aside the 2008 TDS vinyl reissue and the Lights in the Sky concert film debacle, it really seems like they have zero interest in doing anything with NIN, like compiling a greatest hits album on their own and shitting that out. I know they tried and that Trent wrote Everything and Satellite for that project, but once those two songs led to HM it seems like they just gave up on putting a greatest hits out. And now they seem to be assisting in the vinyl reissues, even just by letting Trent make them. Just kind of interesting considering how contentious Trent's relationship was with them for so long.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The reissues have got me thinking of this lately: it's kind of surprising how little Interscope has done to take advantage of owning the rights to most of the NIN catalogue. Setting aside the 2008 TDS vinyl reissue and the Lights in the Sky concert film debacle, it really seems like they have zero interest in doing anything with NIN, like compiling a greatest hits album on their own and shitting that out. I know they tried and that Trent wrote Everything and Satellite for that project, but once those two songs led to HM it seems like they just gave up on putting a greatest hits out. And now they seem to be assisting in the vinyl reissues, even just by letting Trent make them. Just kind of interesting considering how contentious Trent's relationship was with them for so long.
    it seems like he and jimmy are back on good terms...is jimmy no longer involved in interscope?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It looks like Iovine completely left Interscope in 2014 according to this. Maybe the new management reached out to him, or he was more willing to work with them on projects like the reissues. It certainly seems like Interscope has zero real involvement with the reissues besides having their logo on them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    What the hell happened?

For over ten years NIN live has bugged me with bad spinning class habits like "Whoa!" "C'mon!" "Yeah!" "Whooo!".
    There's still plenty of "Hey!"-s to go around.

To be fair, I always smile at that one moment from the 2014 Manchester gig when right before 1,000,000 he shouts a weird mix of "yeah" and "hey", and it ends up something like "ye-heeey!" It sounds so uncharacteristically cheerful, like a kid screaming "yay!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just looked that up, and I gotta say, I was not let down

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    There's still plenty of "Hey!"-s to go around.

To be fair, I always smile at that one moment from the 2014 Manchester gig when right before 1,000,000 he shouts a weird mix of "yeah" and "hey", and it ends up something like "ye-heeey!" It sounds so uncharacteristically cheerful, like a kid screaming "yay!"
    I love when he gives it the echo treatment in shows. There's a moment on one of the LITS shows where he does it during Head Down and it's like "Too late for that! Oh-oh-oh-ohaugh-gaughg-aughaoguhg-WHOA!"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    What the hell happened?

For over ten years NIN live has bugged me with bad spinning class habits like "Whoa!" "C'mon!" "Yeah!" "Whooo!"

Suddenly, Add Violence comes out, and it's all gone. Gone is the all that forced fill-in-every-silence-gap with energetic lame outbursts.

Good job, whoever helped Trent to work out those bad habits, good work, Trent, if you discovered it all by yourself.

NIN is awesome live again.

(The occasional YEAH! is obviously still awesome)

P.S. Occasional, Trent.

Thought I was the only one that noticed this, and totally agree with your assessment.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    Deviations
    Dammit, Deviations got it's own halo number? Bloody hell. Now I regret not picking it up in Bakersfield.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Dammit, Deviations got it's own halo number? Bloody hell. Now I regret not picking it up in Bakersfield.
    Ask in the buy/sell/trade. Petty sure you'll find people willing to sell a copy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I lol'd.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    There was a guy selling shirts outside after the Bakersfield show. I walked up and quite a few people were getting their wallets out and counting money, so I looked at the shirt more closely and it said "NINE IN NAILS" on the back. I told the people and they laughed, thanked me, and walked off. Dude selling the shirts first played dumb like "Oh wow, that's weird. I dunno man, typo I guess." and then once all his customers walked away, he gave me quite the death glare lmao.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I low key think those are pretty dope actually. Other than the fact that they appear to be bootlegs. Better than any of the current merch available imo.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I low key think those are pretty dope actually. Other than the fact that they appear to be bootlegs. Better than any of the current merch available imo.
    but the lyrics are from the fragile, which came out in 1999, and the shirt is all like "nineteen ninety two is the BEST, y'all!" also, why would you want printing on the sleeves like that?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Perhaps these are for another unrelated band. Yes. Similar to THE Nine inch Nails, we now have "Nine Nails". Not to be confused with TR's work. Clearly.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Pantone released a color to honor Prince:

If they did the same thing for NIN, what color do you think they should use?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Pantone released a color to honor Prince:

If they did the same thing for NIN, what color do you think they should use?
    Gray would be the color... heh.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but the lyrics are from the fragile, which came out in 1999, and the shirt is all like "nineteen ninety two is the BEST, y'all!" also, why would you want printing on the sleeves like that?
    To better match the dope new pants you'd buy also:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    exquisite red, mushroom blue, fist fuck beige, violet fluid...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    exquisite red, mushroom blue, fist fuck beige, violet fluid...
    ...why beige? you know what, never mind. i don't want to know.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    To better match the dope new pants you'd buy also:

not going to lie, i'd totally wear those as pajama pants

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It is very hard to avoid spoilers of the Add Violence Physical Component and NTAE vinyl.