Page 367 of 527 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 377 417 467 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,010 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    This is nothing new, Somewhat Damaged instrumentally was avaible like this ever since Itunes made The Fragile instrumentally for free

Just look at the date of the video, a lot of stuff from deviations isn't all that different from "The Fragile Instrumentals", The Fragile instrumental tracks I believe have better quality in deviations, I've yet to find a deeper difference though.
    Uh... you *do* realise that Deviations 1 is just a slightly more souped-up version of the Apple instrumentals? Not sure why you're calling me out; this is practically common knowledge.

According to ninwiki, Deviations is much more polished. Also, Deviations is lossless whereas the Apple edition was only available as a fairly low quality mp3 (that we had to essentially steal).

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I really wasn't paying attention I guess. The labeling of 'alt' verses 'instrumental' is, in fact, completely jacked up.
    Tbh, it doesn't really matter too much. It just bothers me personally that it's so inconsistent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Didn't want to call you out and I am aware of the ninwiki and the mp3 quality of the originals, I just felt like ponting it out to someone who may not know, not here to start any fights, I am here just to state stuff 90% of people here alreadly know.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Just look at the date of the video, a lot of stuff from deviations isn't all that different from "The Fragile Instrumentals", The Fragile instrumental tracks I believe have better quality in deviations, I've yet to find a deeper difference though.
    TDTWWA's instrumental on Apple was the Quiet version while Deviations is an instrumental of the studio cut, which is a pretty massive difference.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    This is a simple case of 'don't meet your idols'. Whatever mystique they had will be lost when you find out they're just ordinary people.

Trent is still an artist who expresses himself. Since he's retreated from social media, and especially since this new NTAE era began, I feel like he's reclaimed some of that mystique. One might say that he's made a few mistakes recently, but hey, he's only human.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I've spent so much time this past week being pissed at Trent for ripping us off on that deviations release that I forgot the dude made music.

NIN is pretty good guys.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Howard Stern knows nothing about music, part. if it was made after 1975. Any time he would talk about music i wanted to reach through the radio & strangle him. I can't fucking stand the guy anymore, but I was a fan for a long time. His opinions about music, especially modern music, are cringeworthy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so...my brother and i were discussing the upcoming shows and randomly Supernaut comes on (was listening to music in the car) and my brother asked "what would happen if suddenly at one of these festival shows they start playing Supernaut?" now, that probably is not happening (i don't wanna say ever) for various reasons but one would think definitely not at a festival, right?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    so...my brother and i were discussing the upcoming shows and randomly Supernaut comes on (was listening to music in the car) and my brother asked "what would happen if suddenly at one of these festival shows they start playing Supernaut?" now, that probably is not happening (i don't wanna say ever) for various reasons but one would think definitely not at a festival, right?
    A) There's no way this will happen.
    B) If it were to somehow defy all logic and actually happen, it would be in Chicago for Riot Fest as Ministry is playing the same day. Still, there's no way Trent, Al & co. are gonna reunite, and rehearse enough to make this work.
    C) I would come out of mosh retirement again and destroy everyone in my path.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Trent failed to release pre order for Quake on Quake's 21st anniversary

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I've spent so much time this past week being pissed at Trent for ripping us off on that deviations release that I forgot the dude made music.

NIN is pretty good guys.
    When I type ryan to login, hitting the 4 buttons on my phone sounds like the opening to Somewhat Damaged.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent failed to release pre order for Quake on Quake's 21st anniversary
    Its OK, Quake was so drunk during its 21st b-day it already forgot about Trent forgetting. All is forgiven when Quake pukes it's brains out.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    If the song Everything was a physical object it would be the deviations packaging.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    If the song Everything was a physical object it would be the deviations packaging.
    Everything was great and clever though.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    A) There's no way this will happen.
    B) If it were to somehow defy all logic and actually happen, it would be in Chicago for Riot Fest as Ministry is playing the same day. Still, there's no way Trent, Al & co. are gonna reunite, and rehearse enough to make this work.
    C) I would come out of mosh retirement again and destroy everyone in my path.
    Would prefer it if Trent does not step on the same stage with Al....Al seems to be the epitome of washed up has been. 60 years old still running around with 9 million piercings playing the same lame post 2004 era death metal Ministry songs..The industrial psycho genius of 1986-1992 Jourgensen is long gone

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm just feeling for all the fans who are pissed off with the delays and quality of the delivery/packaging for Deviations 1. I'm still in a weird place, coming to terms with having cancelled my order. Not schadenfreude exactly, but all these problems are helping me to feel I made the right decision for me. I also feel for Trent. I get the feeling he wants to keep that stuff, to some extent, at arm's length: trust the people who's jobs it is to get the stuff put together at the right quality and handle deliveries and leave him to do the music, but he keeps getting let down too. Which must be very frustrating indeed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I also feel for Trent. I get the feeling he wants to keep that stuff, to some extent, at arm's length: trust the people who's jobs it is to get the stuff put together at the right quality and handle deliveries and leave him to do the music, but he keeps getting let down too. Which must be very frustrating indeed.
    at first when when The Slip was released and then the other releases he ended up doing on his own, sounded/was exciting because first and foremost, he was getting the share of the profits from his music that he deserves but (theres always a but right? ) with releasing something on your own it comes with its own set of problems.
    i dunno if TR is weighing the idea of releasing music on his own in the future vs going with a label because despite all the problems his fanbase is going through right now, he is still getting value for his music this way. and he probably feels bad about how NTAE's release has/is going on, still tho... some things are out of his hands regardless of how hands on he gets with all his releases.

has TR ever talked about being on a label for Hesitation Marks? i mean in terms of release, not having to worry about that end of things as opposed to how NTAE's release has gone on? i'd like to know his thoughts on these two releases from that end.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Would prefer it if Trent does not step on the same stage with Al....Al seems to be the epitome of washed up has been. 60 years old still running around with 9 million piercings playing the same lame post 2004 era death metal Ministry songs..The industrial psycho genius of 1986-1992 Jourgensen is long gone
    I dunno, saw Ministry for the first time a couple years ago and all things considered thought they put in a great show- including Al. Played many of the hits and liked it since it was the first time I experienced it I get what you're saying though, don't think it would be all that great to see Supernaut at this point in both careers. Now if you wanna see a live train wreck and wanting your money back look no further than Manson. That would be an oddity to see them on stage together.

RANDOM THOUGHT: why does Hesitation Marks have the "explicit" tag on it? I can't think of any overly suggestive lyrics or swear words at the moment.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    RANDOM THOUGHT: why does Hesitation Marks have the "explicit" tag on it? I can't think of any overly suggestive lyrics or swear words at the moment.
    Ghosts has one on iTunes :P

Also All Time Low has fuck in it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    The album title itself is a suicide reference, so that probably played into it. All Time Low does the whole sex=drugs kind of lyrics. I seem to think there is a 'fuck' or two in there somewhere too. All that together could warrant an explicit tag. I don't think it really takes too much to get an explicit tag on an album these days.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I still hear "Shit... brushes skin". But those aren't the lyrics.

They should be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I seem to think there is a 'fuck' or two in there somewhere too. All that together could warrant an explicit tag. I don't think it really takes too much to get an explicit tag on an album these days.
    Yup, there are two 'fuck's.
    "Your voice in fucking echo stereo"
    "Just how'd we fucking end up here?"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Since we speaking of fucks. Here is some trivia about NIN and fucks

Pretty Hate Machine has two fucks

Broken has six fucks (counting in the covers)

The Downward Spiral has twenty five fucks.

The Fragile has fourty-seven fucks, I believe, it was really hard counting up all those Starfuckers

With_Teeth has eight-teen fucks.

Year Zero has one fuck to give

The Slip has one fuck to give

Hesitation Marks has two fucks.

Not The Actual Events has two fucks.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^^Package design, not the artwork... that's by Roger von Golling.

The album title itself is a suicide reference, so that probably played into it. All Time Low does the whole sex=drugs kind of lyrics. I seem to think there is a 'fuck' or two in there somewhere too. All that together could warrant an explicit tag. I don't think it really takes too much to get an explicit tag on an album these days.
    It's the word "fucking" in the line "just how'd we fucking end up here?"
    Last edited by botley; 07-04-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    has TR ever talked about being on a label for Hesitation Marks? i mean in terms of release, not having to worry about that end of things as opposed to how NTAE's release has gone on? i'd like to know his thoughts on these two releases from that end.
    Here are his thoughts circa Hesitation Marks:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Columbia_Records

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So...about this FUCKING ep:
    Every single day I come here hoping it's out. It can't be much longer damnit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That's What I Get is underrated, especially the outtro.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So...about this FUCKING ep:
    Every single day I come here hoping it's out. It can't be much longer damnit
    Well, it shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Well, it shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks from tomorrow.
    So one week and 6 days from tomorrow, we will be listening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Simply because he uses the F word a couple times.

Last edited by streetman; 07-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    O' Great Reznor and Ross, give me this EP.