Page 358 of 528 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 458 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,740 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Several Hesitation Marks songs (namely the atmospheric ones) all remind me of traveling in the wilderness during the night. Their sound and mood just give me that feel.
    find my way gives me that selfsame feeling.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I like that we're in a time when not only is Nine Inch Nails comprised of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, but also "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross" is a separate thing.

Not a complaint by any means, just a thought I had.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I like that we're in a time when not only is Nine Inch Nails comprised of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, but also "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross" is a separate thing.

Not a complaint by any means, just a thought I had.
    Just as confusing as when it was just Trent and yet we still had tracks by Trent on Lost Highway

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The ending of We're In This Together is just chilling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    which ones in particular?
    Find My Way, Disappointed, and While I'm Still Here. The ending of All Time Low with the arpeggios also gives a similar feeling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was really hoping Trent would have done more interviews for NTAE. Hopefully he'll do some soon regarding Twin Peaks or the upcoming tour.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I was really hoping Trent would have done more interviews for NTAE. Hopefully he'll do some soon regarding Twin Peaks or the upcoming tour.
    I know! Barely a word from him. Plus no photos. The only official photo was one we've already seen with some new scratchy marks on it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I know! Barely a word from him. Plus no photos. The only official photo was one we've already seen with some new scratchy marks on it.
    I know Trent wears a lot of hats and takes a lot of projects, maybe he is going to announce that he is special prosecutor in the Trump campaign Russian collusion case. If ever there was a time for a follow up to Year Zero.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    When the festival dates start I assume more will come up, as he'll be out of studio, out of house but still have down time

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Just because I'm also a huge DM fan and was interested, here's the setlist that Trent saw at that Depeche Mode show he wrote about that sheepdean posted over in NIN Spotting: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depech...-73d7f6e1.html

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Depeche Mode posted a Trent thing. Sadly wasn't a collab announcement BUT I CAN DREAM
    https://www.facebook.com/depechemode...730329/?type=3
    Actually it was Tony Hawk pro skater that was in charge for the day on DM's facebook, and he wanted to use this to join both of his favorite bands, he asked TR and he sent him a mail ! (and what the hell is that new hyper cool photo ???)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    when your friend is in iceland and stumbles upon the waterfall from the front cover of the fragile!
    This is hyper cool, it would be cooler if you had GPS coords ? yes ?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind
    Last edited by wizfan; 05-11-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am wondering, is there any NIN or DM songs in the Tony Hawk videogames ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    I am wondering, is there any NIN or DM songs in the Tony Hawk videogames ?
    I found that in ninwiki : http://www.nin.wiki/Use_in_Video_Gam....27s_Project_8

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Off-topic, but I just remembered that JLYI was used in a trailer for Crysis 2.

Maybe someone's interested in adding that to the ninwiki page. Also that Batman trailer a couple months back that featured The Wretched.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Maybe someone's interested in adding that to the ninwiki page. Also that Batman trailer a couple months back that featured The Wretched.
    Wait, really?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    . Also that Batman trailer a couple months back that featured The Wretched.
    That was years ago now, if it's the Arkham Knight one you're talking about.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    That was years ago now, if it's the Arkham Knight one you're talking about.
    lolwut?

Yeah, it was one of those Arkham-something games.

Shit, years?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    lolwut?

Yeah, it was one of those Arkham-something games.

Shit, years?
    Came out in June 2015, so almost 2 years now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Came out in June 2015, so almost 2 years now.
    Holy shit. I found the trailer:

May 2015. What. the. hell.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @niggo "I can't tell if I'm slowing down, or time is speeding up"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When I looked up "I used to be somebody." on Google, there were several pictures that showed ghosts saying that exact quote. It got me to look at the end of the Down In It video with those lyrics in that type of context, as well as reminding me about Ghosts I-IV and the references to ghosts in Non-Entity. (As well as death being a state of non-entity.) There's also a bunch of them out there, so I thought of just picking this one for now.

Oh, and this certainly is one of those NIN moments that never got old to me. (I suppose it's also because it takes me back to those memories of being amused and thrilled at also sometimes getting away with saying fuck as a child and a teenager.)

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-11-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    http://www.stereogum.com/1940392/tre...facebook/news/

A group of friends and I drove down to Blossom Music Center amphitheater to see the Black Celebration tour. DM was one of our favorite bands and the Black Celebration record took my love for them to a new level.

I’ve thought about that night a lot over the years. It was a perfect summer night and I was in exactly the right place I was supposed to be. The music, the energy, the audience, the connection… it was spiritual and truly magic. I left that show grateful, humbled, energized, focused, and in awe of how powerful and transformative music can be… and I started writing what would eventually become Pretty Hate Machine.
    Many times, particularly when we’re playing an amphitheater, I’ll think of that show while I’m onstage and hope someone in the audience is in the midst of a perfect summer night feeling how DM made me feel so many years ago.

After reading this, I really wish I had the means to talk to Trent, just for a minute. What he described basically happened to me during the Lights in the Sky tour, and I give it a large amount of credit for pushing me into the touring career I have now. I've even found myself gigging in a number of the same venues I saw NIN at, and I pause to think about how where I was once a fan, I'm now making a living. He was a hell of an inspiration when it came to getting off my ass, fighting through my mental blocks, and getting shit done. I would love to simply say thank you to him in person. And I'm sure that among this group, I'm not alone in feeling that way.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just came across this moment of With Teeth being performed live. Now, I know for sure that I'm going to keep filling that in my mind during that part of the song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I just came across this moment of With Teeth being performed live. Now, I know for sure that I'm going to keep filling that in my mind during that part of the song.
    Best part is, that was the last time the song was played live.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Best part is, that was the last time the song was played live.
    And I believe he said he'd never play that song live again after that happened.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Right Where It Belongs has got to make a live comeback sometime.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Has anyone been to a NIN show with seating, where entire sections people actually sat down for the whole show? I'm not talking about nosebleeds either. Saw APC last weekend and getting yelled at for standing up, then going through the whole show sitting pretty much ruined the concert for me.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Has anyone been to a NIN show with seating, where entire sections people actually sat down for the whole show? I'm not talking about nosebleeds either. Saw APC last weekend and getting yelled at for standing up, then going through the whole show sitting pretty much ruined the concert for me.
    react now, bridge school and the peter murphy shows were all seated weren't they?
    Tbh I don't mind, and if everyone else is seated then standing up kinda is a dick move~