Page 350 of 528 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 450 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,500 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    i bet that before July, new material will be out.
    That's some optimism right there. Impressive. I bet we'll still be here mid December wondering where those other promised NIN projects are.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i know what you mean, but optimism is my middle name.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    That's some optimism right there. Impressive. I bet we'll still be here mid December wondering where those other promised NIN projects are.
    No that's about when they will be announced lol

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't have any assumptions about when new material will be released. Almost everyone on here was convinced that there would be no new music before the end of 2016, and yet we ended up with a new EP. Trent & Atticus release music when they're ready.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    with Trents recent love letters to The Fragile, would be killer to hear songs like "We're In This Together' and 'Into The Void' and 'Great Below" etc.....also to see a festival crowds confused reaction to these songs would be worth it as well

At this point, unfortunately, it's doubtful we will get WITT live again. Trent's voice just can't handle the chorus anymore. I'll never forget reading about the one soundcheck where people wanted him to play it and he mentioned that he can't sing it anymore but if someone wanted to come up and sing it they would play it. That lucky sob that got to do that... fucking get on stage during the sound check and sing with the band...

But yeah, I think we would all love some more Fragile-heavy setlists, especially songs they haven't done before or are rare/haven't been played since Fragility.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    with Trents recent love letters to The Fragile, would be killer to hear songs like "We're In This Together' and 'Into The Void' and 'Great Below" etc.....also to see a festival crowds confused reaction to these songs would be worth it as well
    If I could hear "The Great Below" live in person, I would DIE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    At this point, unfortunately, it's doubtful we will get WITT live again. Trent's voice just can't handle the chorus anymore. I'll never forget reading about the one soundcheck where people wanted him to play it and he mentioned that he can't sing it anymore but if someone wanted to come up and sing it they would play it. That lucky sob that got to do that... fucking get on stage during the sound check and sing with the band...

But yeah, I think we would all love some more Fragile-heavy setlists, especially songs they haven't done before or are rare/haven't been played since Fragility.
    is there a video of the guy singing WITT?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    is there a video of the guy singing WITT?
    There might be, it was a while ago (I think it was the Wave Goodbye Australia, or maybe NIN|JA?) that would be a good question for @ninlive perhaps.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I agree he can't hit those high notes anymore but he can try to sing in a lower register...similar to what he did with 'The Becoming' in 09

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I agree, and with Robin still there, he could always cover the higher parts of songs (like Happiness in Slavery's "SLAVE SCREAMS"). I would really love to see Trent utilize Robin's very specific voice and range for certain songs.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    There might be, it was a while ago (I think it was the Wave Goodbye Australia, or maybe NIN|JA?) that would be a good question for @ninlive perhaps.
    2007 was a good year. they played it live several times during the eu tour. i was witness when they played it april 2007 in frankfurt. you can easy find it all @ yt.
    Last edited by witte; 03-25-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    To my knowledge, I don't remember seeing anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones better open the fucking festivals

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agreed. I think opening the shows with the full EP straight through works much better than interspersing the songs throughout, or playing the EP straight through later on. And it will piss off casual/non-fans, which will be great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Here is The slip instru, source unknwown, made with multitracks:
    http://jheberg.net/captcha/the-slip-instrumental/

Now listen everyone, this is my own remix.nin.com + Other nin net releases backup (strangely it's small) .
    http://jheberg.net/captcha/nin-net-releases/

This one include from remix.nin.com :
    Fixed (not sure why)
    Y0 Instrumental
    TDS Instrumental
    rare and unreleased official playlist (2007) (14 tracks)
    Dead Souls (Instrumental)
    Deep (Instrumental)
    The Perfect Drug (Instrumental)
    Also include from free old nin.com :
    Nine Inch Nails - La Mer (Version)
    Nine Inch Nails - No, You Don't (Version)
    Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (Deconstructed)
    Nine Inch Nails - The New Flesh (Version A)
    Nine Inch Nails - The New Flesh (Version B)
    Thanks a lot for this. I had been asking in one of the other threads with no luck, and I pretty much facepalmed myself when I finally looked in here. Now to make my Ultimate Things Falling Apart Mix. I have just done a complete The Fragile (Vinyl/cd/tape combo) (Nobody ever thought of that before!), and I got really into the idea of a double disc companion for it. So thanks again.
    Last edited by astfgyl; 03-27-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: laugh at myself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Agreed. I think opening the shows with the full EP straight through works much better than interspersing the songs throughout, or playing the EP straight through later on. And it will piss off casual/non-fans, which will be great.
    Except Burning Bright NEEDS to close the show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How does it feel ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    How does it feel ?
    Suck. Suck. Suck.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Branches/Bones better open the fucking festivals
    Every first track on a NIN album is used as an opener so there's a very good chance.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Every first track on a NIN album is used as an opener so there's a very good chance.
    Not quite. All The Love In The World and 1 Ghosts I have not been used as opening tracks.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think it would be sweet to hear "In Motion" as the opening before going into "Branches/Bones," but I'm an old fart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not quite. All The Love In The World and 1 Ghosts I have not been used as opening tracks.
    If the 2005 Rehearsal track list is to be believed, they planned to use ATLITW as a set opener.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 03-27-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just Like You Imagined is fucking beautiful

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Ghosts is fucking dope as hell to listen to while routing truck deliveries at work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Listened to PHM, Broken, TDS, TF, Still, WT, YZ, TS, HM, and NTAE while on a 12? hour car ride. Gained a large amount of appreciation for some Fragile tracks I hadn't really given attention to in the past. We're In This Together is my favorite song. Ever. It got confirmed on the ride. TDS isn't nearly as effective when played in the car, but Year Zero goes well with stormy weather. With Teeth is the most fun probably, along with PHM and Broken to listen in the car. Hesitation Marks sounds much better than it has in the past. The Slip seems sooo short for some reason. NTAE is like TDS in that it can't be listened to in a car and have the same effect.
    Last edited by Tommy_Macbeth; 03-31-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    NTAE is like TDS in that it can't be listened to in a car and have the same effect.
    NTAE tends to really overwhelm my car's speakers - I have to adjust my EQ settings a bit to get it reasonable, but for the most part I just wait until I can get some headphones on to listen to it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Breaking my head about fist fucking being mentioned in a song.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I was on holiday for 3 weeks and wasn't online much, did I miss anything aside from Atticus doing Death Note

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I was on holiday for 3 weeks and wasn't online much, did I miss anything aside from Atticus doing Death Note
    Nothing major I don't think, so have some Daddicus side-booty
    Last edited by blassster; 03-31-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Sudden realization... the arpeggiated synth that runs through and ends Alessandro's remix of The Great Destroyer is almost the same as the one that kicks off his Sonoio song Enough; it's even in the same key and has a similar tempo. A smooooooth transition can be made between the two.