Page 349 of 351 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,470 of 10517

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Is it me or was there a significant improvence on Trent's voice in Not The Actual Events? Those screams in Branches/Bonnes, She's Gone Away The Idea Of You and Burning Bright are insane.
    Heard his screams on the Tension tour? He's clearly always had it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Heard his screams on the Tension tour? He's clearly always had it.
    You're right, I guess hearing the album versions of "Hesitation Marks" and "The Sip for so long gave me that impression, their performances on album versions are much more calmer than the live/rehearsal versions of them.

I still feel like NTAE is some of his best performance in years, I don't even remember such range, his melodic voice in Dear World is pretty great. I don't know, I just find it very impressive.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    When do most festivals announce their lineups? Because I still find it odd that nin would be playing only one show all summer.
    Maybe it's something like a warm-up for Trent and friends before having a full tour in fall/winter ... or maybe that's just me hoping.

Tension was announced in June, so there's still quite some time.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    If there is a tour, I can't see it being very big. There's new music to perform, but it's only an EP's worth. There's also the fact that, with a full family, it's not so easy to just pack up and go on tour.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    If there is a tour, I can't see it being very big. There's new music to perform, but it's only an EP's worth. There's also the fact that, with a full family, it's not so easy to just pack up and go on tour.
    He said as such after his last tour. That last time e could still bring the kids but now they're in school and he doesn't want to bring them on the road and he doesn't want to be apart from them for the amount of time major world tours take. But he said he would probably do smaller tours. I was thinking something like the HtDA tour. It just seems like a lot of work for just one show.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Dunno, I still kind of believe that there's more music coming this year.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    According to the Beats Radio interview there are 2 NIN related projects on the cards this year. No idea whether they are live performance related though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    When do most festivals announce their lineups? Because I still find it odd that nin would be playing only one show all summer.
    FYF and lollapalooza will be next week. Pemberton should be shortly there after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After hearing live performances of Starfuckers, Inc. I can say that the studio version is too slow

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    These vinyl remasters are all well and good for those of you into that but I still want my Fragile 5.1 mix

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    After hearing live performances of Starfuckers, Inc. I can say that the studio version is too slow
    06/06/06 Birmingham is my favorite live version of it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    06/06/06 Birmingham is my favorite live version of it.
    What a date!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I forgot how fucking good WITT is. I think it's been a while since I've actually listened to this song (vs it just being on while I'm doing other things), and I have no idea why. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What a date!
    The next day was the Atlanta show and the first backstage radio performance with Peter Murphy.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I forgot how fucking good WITT is. I think it's been a while since I've actually listened to this song (vs it just being on while I'm doing other things), and I have no idea why. Holy shit.
    Especially with the Pellington intro and the full D1 ending!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How fucking awesome is the part in MOTP from AATCHB when he goes, (before I type this let me state I'm not sure how to write exhaling breath noises) "heh, heh, heh, heh come right fucking down". So badass.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I wish we could have some more information about these two NIN projects happening this year. I'm getting a bit impatient now

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Last time, we waited almost a whole year. Settle in, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    I'm utterly love with the cheesy, dated-as-fuck verses and overall sound of Ringfinger. The composition itself is so strong that the goofy, dorky New Wave indulgence of it is just so fucking charming. It kicks an enormous amount of ass and gets away with so much more than it should.

Also, Trent's delivery on "Wrap my eyes in bandages" is just amazing.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm utterly love with the cheesy, dated-as-fuck verses and overall sound of Ringfinger. The composition itself is so strong that the goofy, dorky New Wave indulgence of it is just so fucking charming. It kicks an enormous amount of ass and gets away with so much more than it should.

Also, Trent's delivery on "Wrap my eyes in bandages" is just amazing.
    I seriously want them to play it live again. I think a re-worked version ala Sanctified would be great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The end of Hurt is fucking brutal man. That way loud, harsh distortion combined with those 3 specific notes combined with the way the drums completely stop as those notes are played COMBINED with the outro drone....hurts so good no pun intended. Best album ending ever. Any one else would've had the drums hit hard along with those last 3 notes, like the live version if I remember correctly. Probably translates better live with the crashes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Does anyone else here follow Kraw on Instagram? Between his random potshots at Pitchfork and his hilarious photos/videos of his pets, dude has become one of my go-to follows on IG for daily entertainment..

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Came home from my work trip and my wife hung some nin/other things while I was gone!

Last edited by tony.parente; 03-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Does anyone else here follow Kraw on Instagram? Between his random potshots at Pitchfork and his hilarious photos/videos of his pets, dude has become one of my go-to follows on IG for daily entertainment..
    Trent seems to dig art directors with a sense of humor. Remember Rob's Demonbaby blog?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was just remembering the NiN logo in a DooM map from Thy Flesh Consumed.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    There's a metronome at the very end of Just Like You Imagined. Thanks, 2017 DE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    There's a metronome at the very end of Just Like You Imagined. Thanks, 2017 DE.
    There are so many hidden nuggets on that album that the DE has "unearthed". It would be fascinating to do a track-by-track comparison.

Much like the album as released in '99, I reckon we'll be discovering new elements/constituents for years to come. That LP has been such a beautiful gift to us over the years.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's a crime "You Know What You Are?" doesn't appear in live shows anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    That one post with his dog and then the Fragile vinyl appears. Pure gold.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk