Page 348 of 425 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 398 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,440 of 12740

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #10411
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    I've always wondered what could make Heresy someone's favorite song. I like how it's heavy (duh...) and I don't mnd the edgy lyrics in the chorus, but after 2 minutes it just gets too repetitive. It kinda lacks the evolution which other longer NIN songs had on TDS.
    A Catholic upbringing.

  2. #10412
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Slowly getting one of my friends into some NIN stuff - I've been recommending random tracks from the Definitive NIN playlists she seems to prefer stuff from the Quiet one. Her favorites so far has been And All That Could Have Been which surprised me a little and the Still version of The Becoming.

  3. #10413
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just watched the video for Deep for the first time since around 2007 when I first got into Nine Inch Nails. That... was definitely an experience.

  4. #10414
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    hopefully grave soon
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ETS related more than anything else.

    Reading through the Hesitation Marks thread before and after it came out is so charming, you have bunch of guys teasing and making jokes about the leak not coming yet, everyone making their speculations and then being absolutely blown away by the album once they get to hear it in its entirety.

    It makes me sad that I cannot see people's reactions to other albums of NIN before and after they came out.

  5. #10415
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    ETS related more than anything else.

    Reading through the Hesitation Marks thread before and after it came out is so charming, you have bunch of guys teasing and making jokes about the leak not coming yet, everyone making their speculations and then being absolutely blown away by the album once they get to hear it in its entirety.

    It makes me sad that I cannot see people's reactions to other albums of NIN before and after they came out.
    You can check out ETS archives pre-With_Teeth.

  6. #10416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You can check out ETS archives pre-With_Teeth.
    I thought that was a sponsor-only thing

    Also you'll find my comments always hilarious HWB

  7. #10417
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I thought that was a sponsor-only thing

    Also you'll find my comments always hilarious HWB
    Archive access has been dead for a bit.

  8. #10418
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wayback machine maybe?

  9. #10419
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Listening to TDS on it's anniversary today only reinforced its status as my favorite album.

  10. #10420
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can't believe I forgot TDS's anniversary

  11. #10421
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,292
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Can't believe I forgot TDS's anniversary
    Quick! The florist is still open, there's time to get her a bouquet

  12. #10422
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,289
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I find myself back here again and again.

    I used to know who I was until you came along

  13. #10423
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mostly the UK
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    note: I'm fucking drunk. Sorry for any grammatical inconsistencies a nd such

    I don't think there's any NIN songs more underrated than Not So Pretty Now and Getting Smaller.

    I hope NTAE sounding like the NIN/JA EP minus vacuum cleaner SFX will make ppl re-valuate them.

    Hesus fuck, them grungy bass lines, whoah.

  14. #10424
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I find myself back here again and again.

    I used to know who I was until you came along
    Home is one of those songs that I looked over initially for whatever reason, and now I looove it

  15. #10425
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,289
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    Home is one of those songs that I looked over initially for whatever reason, and now I looove it
    I fell in love with it when I saw it at the Chicago sound check during the NINJA tour. Goddamn, that fucking guitar intro.

  16. #10426
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mostly the UK
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    I hope NTAE sounding like the NIN/JA EP minus vacuum cleaner SFX
    Other way around, you dumb fuck.

    Find My Way is a very pleasant song to wake up to.

  17. #10427
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just upgrade to a pretty kick ass 5.1 surround from 3.1. I can't watch or listen now as the house is asleep, how should I test it out tomorrow (today), BYIT, AVOTT, Downward Spiral SACD, With Teeth DVD-A? I can't wait. This ain't no home theatre in a box, and I'm pumped!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #10428
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tollefson View Post
    Just upgrade to a pretty kick ass 5.1 surround from 3.1. I can't watch or listen now as the house is asleep, how should I test it out tomorrow (today), BYIT, AVOTT, Downward Spiral SACD, With Teeth DVD-A? I can't wait. This ain't no home theatre in a box, and I'm pumped!
    TDS for sure.

  19. #10429
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    hopefully grave soon
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Is it me or was there a significant improvence on Trent's voice in Not The Actual Events? Those screams in Branches/Bonnes, She's Gone Away The Idea Of You and Burning Bright are insane.

  20. #10430
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    FYFest will announcing their line up this week. I hope NIN is on the bill.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #10431
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,796
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    When do most festivals announce their lineups? Because I still find it odd that nin would be playing only one show all summer.

  22. #10432
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Is it me or was there a significant improvence on Trent's voice in Not The Actual Events? Those screams in Branches/Bonnes, She's Gone Away The Idea Of You and Burning Bright are insane.
    Heard his screams on the Tension tour? He's clearly always had it.

  23. #10433
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    hopefully grave soon
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Heard his screams on the Tension tour? He's clearly always had it.
    You're right, I guess hearing the album versions of "Hesitation Marks" and "The Sip for so long gave me that impression, their performances on album versions are much more calmer than the live/rehearsal versions of them.

    I still feel like NTAE is some of his best performance in years, I don't even remember such range, his melodic voice in Dear World is pretty great. I don't know, I just find it very impressive.

  24. #10434
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    When do most festivals announce their lineups? Because I still find it odd that nin would be playing only one show all summer.
    Maybe it's something like a warm-up for Trent and friends before having a full tour in fall/winter ... or maybe that's just me hoping.

    Tension was announced in June, so there's still quite some time.

  25. #10435
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,289
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If there is a tour, I can't see it being very big. There's new music to perform, but it's only an EP's worth. There's also the fact that, with a full family, it's not so easy to just pack up and go on tour.

  26. #10436
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,796
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    If there is a tour, I can't see it being very big. There's new music to perform, but it's only an EP's worth. There's also the fact that, with a full family, it's not so easy to just pack up and go on tour.
    He said as such after his last tour. That last time e could still bring the kids but now they're in school and he doesn't want to bring them on the road and he doesn't want to be apart from them for the amount of time major world tours take. But he said he would probably do smaller tours. I was thinking something like the HtDA tour. It just seems like a lot of work for just one show.

  27. #10437
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    If there is a tour, I can't see it being very big. There's new music to perform, but it's only an EP's worth. There's also the fact that, with a full family, it's not so easy to just pack up and go on tour.
    Dunno, I still kind of believe that there's more music coming this year.

  28. #10438
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,977
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    According to the Beats Radio interview there are 2 NIN related projects on the cards this year. No idea whether they are live performance related though.

  29. #10439
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    897
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

  30. #10440
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    When do most festivals announce their lineups? Because I still find it odd that nin would be playing only one show all summer.
    FYF and lollapalooza will be next week. Pemberton should be shortly there after.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions