Page 340 of 392 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,200 of 11756

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

  1. #10171
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Saarland
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    They also have Fist Fuck written as FIRST FUCK on the Fixed page.
    Which is a mash-up of Last and Like a Virgin

  2. #10172
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,420
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Where Is Everybody? (Version) is actually pretty good. Danny and Telefon Tel Aviv made the song more interesting, especially the faster chorus.

    I listened to the vinyl rip of TFA and I have to say I prefer its track listing. 10 Miles High switches places with Where is Everybody, the latter flowing better into the Clouser mix of Starfuckers (though I just realized they still kept the overhang fuckup with the final second of TMH in the beginning of SF).
    Last edited by wizfan; 01-25-2017 at 07:25 AM.

  3. #10173
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Where Is Everybody? (Version) is actually pretty good. Danny and Telefon Tel Aviv made the song more interesting, especially the faster chorus.

    I listened to the vinyl rip of TFA and I have to say I prefer its track listing. 10 Miles High switches places with Where is Everybody, the latter flowing better into the Clouser mix of Starfuckers (though I just realized they still kept the overhang fuckup with the final second of TMH in the beginning of SF).
    Jeeze, I didn't notice the order was different until now. I wonder why they did that?

  4. #10174
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,420
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Jeeze, I didn't notice the order was different until now. I wonder why they did that?
    It probably has to do with the restrictions of the vinyl. TMH is slightly longer that WIE, so I guess they had to move it to side 2a, and thus Metal could have more breathing room in side 2b.

  5. #10175
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    They also have Fist Fuck written as FIRST FUCK on the Fixed page.
    Dammit!

    *changes his files so that it's called "First Fuck"*

  6. #10176
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So how about the 2009 tour sans Alessandro when Trent handled mostly all of the synth, piano, and keyboard parts? As much as I also loved the Tension big band version of live NIN, I would rather see the scaled down NIN just so I can see Trent handling synth parts. That shit makes me so excited when I watch those videos. Especially that intro to "1,000,000" and "Burn." The energy that he puts into it is so pure. The man himself playing his own compositions. I know they also had to resort to using a lot of backing tracks on that tour to make it work but I wish Trent would keep doing this live when NIN finally returns. Also, that synth noise solo on "Head Down." That was one of my favorite moments of the Lights in the Sky tour in 2008.

  7. #10177
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chekhov, Russia
    Posts
    1,786
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Track list for Broken on nin.com:
    TRACKLIST +
    1. PINION
    2. WISH
    3. LAST
    4. HELP ME I AM IN HELL
    5. HAPPINESS IN SLAVERY
    6. GAVE UP


    1. PHYSICAL (YOU’RE SO)
    2. SUCK
    However, it's just "Physical" on the store page for Broken reissue and "Suck" is listed as the first song on bonus 7-inch. Maybe that's the major point.

  8. #10178
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What songs do you guys like to listen to when you're bummed out or trying to get motivated/stay strong inside? I love listening to Sunspots, Down In It, and The Way Out Is Through when I want to feel better.

  9. #10179
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,908
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    What songs do you guys like to listen to when you're bummed out or trying to get motivated/stay strong inside? I love listening to Sunspots, Down In It, and The Way Out Is Through when I want to feel better.
    Sometimes it depends on the reason (internal struggle, a specific person, humanity, government, etc) and the balance of sad vs angry in the bummed out. Will edit some examples for each when I'm not half awake.

  10. #10180
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just curious, but was this the only time this was done? I was happy enough to witness the standard version live, I think this would be face melting...

    Also, what songs has he incorporated parts of into others live?
    We have Happiness in Slavery in The Great Destroyer
    I think Alessandro used the Sunspots Synth line in Echoplex if I remember correctly??
    Closer lyrics and melody in All Time Low.

    There's got to be more but my brain isn't fully firing yet...




    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    Maybe adding the Happiness In Slavery breakdown into the Great Destroyer one again might be an excellent choice for NIN live in 2017

  11. #10181
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    They also have Fist Fuck written as FIRST FUCK on the Fixed page.
    I haven't listened to Fixed in sooooo long... forgot how good it is.

  12. #10182
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    Just curious, but was this the only time this was done? I was happy enough to witness the standard version live, I think this would be face melting...

    Also, what songs has he incorporated parts of into others live?
    We have Happiness in Slavery in The Great Destroyer
    I think Alessandro used the Sunspots Synth line in Echoplex if I remember correctly??
    Closer lyrics and melody in All Time Low.

    There's got to be more but my brain isn't fully firing yet...
    +
    Closer/The Only Time (every performance of Closer since 2005)
    Sanctified 2013/14 version with Sunspots vacuum cleaner solo
    The Greater Good/Corona Radiata hybrid (LITS over Latin America dates)

    some other obvious mashups if you want to count them:
    MOTP + All the Pigs... outro
    In this Twilight + Zero-Sum outro
    La Mer (short) + Into the Void medley 2006/07
    Now I'm Nothing + Terrible Lie

    bonus: Reptile + Haunted When the Minutes Drag (2006 in-studio performance with Peter Murphy)

  13. #10183
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Sanctified 2013/14 version with Sunspots vacuum cleaner solo"


    that's where it was, not Echoplex.. It's all coming back to me now that I have some coffee...
    Last edited by r_k_f; 01-26-2017 at 09:52 AM.

  14. #10184
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    6,193
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    "Sanctified 2013/14 version with Sunspots vacuum cleaner solo"


    that's where it was, not Echoplex.. It's all coming back to me now that I have some coffee...
    that version of sanctified also includes elements from "discipline", namely the "ooh ooh ooh ooh ooooooh"s

  15. #10185
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    What songs do you guys like to listen to when you're bummed out or trying to get motivated/stay strong inside? I love listening to Sunspots, Down In It, and The Way Out Is Through when I want to feel better.
    EDIETS is strangely calming. Gives me a stoic feeling.

  16. #10186
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,883
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    What songs do you guys like to listen to when you're bummed out or trying to get motivated/stay strong inside?

  17. #10187
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Reptile + Haunted When the Minutes Drag (2006 in-studio performance with Peter Murphy)
    With a beat loop reused for "The Good Soldier"!

  18. #10188
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,138
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)


    First the lyrics get to me, then when the music changes at 1:35 in to those sad pads. If I'm not reflecting back on my life, this song certainly makes me. But I still love it.

  19. #10189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,138
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    And here's another "when I'm depressed" tracks...

  20. #10190
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    2,138
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    And the last "when I'm depressed" track...

  21. #10191
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    Just curious, but was this the only time this was done? I was happy enough to witness the standard version live, I think this would be face melting...
    It was only done on the 2007 tour, but TGD didn't premiere until they re-did the tour production for the last leg of the tour and added the middle triptych of Me I'm Not/TGD/Eraser.
    Even then, HiS wasn't immediately used in the breakdown. That didn't happen until sometime after Prague, so, in total, it was done less than 20 times.

  22. #10192
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,144
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    I think Alessandro used the Sunspots Synth line in Echoplex if I remember correctly??
    Closer lyrics and melody in All Time Low.
    Wait whaaaaaaaaaaat?

  23. #10193
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    588
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    I think Alessandro used the Sunspots Synth line in Echoplex if I remember correctly??
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Wait whaaaaaaaaaaat?
    Uh, seconded.

  24. #10194
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    People, read his followup post. He mistook the song. It's in "Sanctified."

  25. #10195
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Wait whaaaaaaaaaaat?
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    "Sanctified 2013/14 version with Sunspots vacuum cleaner solo"
    that's where it was, not Echoplex.. It's all coming back to me now that I have some coffee...
    ..

  26. #10196
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Speaking of sanctified and sunspots, I was bored one day and I tried combining the vocals of sanctified and the instruments of sunspots, and I have to say it comes out pretty badass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc0HnAw7byU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgeh0YCkGk
    If you start the sunspots instrumental when the sanctified vocals video is at 1:47, then it sounds pretty cool imo

  27. #10197
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One of the coolest pictures of TR, spin Jan 00

    Last edited by blassster; 01-27-2017 at 07:33 PM.

  28. #10198
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    Speaking of sanctified and sunspots, I was bored one day and I tried combining the vocals of sanctified and the instruments of sunspots, and I have to say it comes out pretty badass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc0HnAw7byU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPgeh0YCkGk
    If you start the sunspots instrumental when the sanctified vocals video is at 1:47, then it sounds pretty cool imo
    Except they're at different tempos, so it really doesn't work at all.

  29. #10199
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have always wondered, is that a gatling gun in Somewhat Damaged?

  30. #10200
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I Do Not Want This could be the best song on TDS. There's something so uncomfortably genuine and honest about it that makes it, to me, so appealing and great. The lyrics + tone of the song are addicting.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions