Page 301 of 528 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,030 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I felt that with The Slip he had a lot to say, actually.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If only he had already begun an anthology series of tracks without lyrics. Call it like, Spirits.

And you act like he's never had a partner before, and that all stresses in his life are magically gone. I mean, he has to deal with fans like you still, that's at least an EP's worth.
    thank god for his sake he has fans like me and parente who demand the best out of him..if all his fans were lap dogs like you and roswell, we would have 5 albums of songs like 'everything'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so, uh, my Fragile Instrumental album on Apple Music has been reduced to the first five tracks. anyone else getting this?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Wow, even that video says it's not available in my country. Why are all the videos blocked in the US?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Wow, even that video says it's not available in my country. Why are all the videos blocked in the US?
    Freedom isn't free

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    thank god for his sake he has fans like me and parente who demand the best out of him..if all his fans were lap dogs like you and roswell, we would have 5 albums of songs like 'everything'
    I don't know the man, but I'm 100% sure he doesn't make music because you demand it

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Oh god! Billy Boy called me a lapdog just because I don't absolutely despise some song he has a creepy obsession with! I...I can't handle this! *cries*

If being a lapdog means I don't bitch and moan about the same song for three years straight without a hint of constructive criticism, then I'll gladly be called a lapdog. Ruff ruff, motherfuckers!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I get the feeling YZ was about an alternate reality
    You might be onto something!
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-08-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    IT'S FINALLY HERE GUYS! AFTER 3 YEARS, A NEW SONG! I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT!

Pretty good as well! Not Juno-level good, but still good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If the 'new NIN' turned out to be the Tension Blu Ray (say 2-3 shows worth of content), would you accept that? I know I would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    If the 'new NIN' turned out to be the Tension Blu Ray (say 2-3 shows worth of content), would you accept that? I know I would.
    I don' t know. On the one hand it would be cool to get Tension after such a long time. However, on the other hand to be honest I almost forget about it, so I would prefer something new instead that I can really look forward to. A big part of the LA - concert is online. So some fanmade recordings are. Yeah, a proper surround audio would be cool but that's it mostly. If new NIN would be "only" Tension plus maybe some bonus footage from other performances I wouldn't be unhappy but it would be definitely nothing I would really look forward to or be excited about. Yeah, I would accept it but in some sense I would be disappointed. Too much time simply passed since the first accouncement of the live album.
    Last edited by Bookmark; 09-09-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I don't know the man, but I'm 100% sure he doesn't make music because you demand it
    And given NIN's output since '99 and how bill welcomes it every time, I wouldn't say his strategy is a very successful one anyway...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    December 31st 2016 = Halo V - VIII box set with same crappy cover design as Halo I - IV.

Also, a remix of Juno.

"YOU GET NOTHING [ELSE]! YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIRS AND MADAMS!"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Oh god! Billy Boy called me a lapdog just because I don't absolutely despise some song he has a creepy obsession with! I...I can't handle this! *cries*

If being a lapdog means I don't bitch and moan about the same song for three years straight without a hint of constructive criticism, then I'll gladly be called a lapdog. Ruff ruff, motherfuckers!
    Man, Bill gave me a good custom user title in one of his "bill vs other fans" rants a while back, but now I'm tempted to change it again...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm both optimistic and pessimistic, if that's possible. I still think he'll surprise drop an album this year, and not a fucking remix or greatest hits piece of crap. On the other side of the coin, we'll get nothing, and the album is postponed til 2017.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think between "Before the Flood" and "Juno" that will probably wrap it up for "other things" for 2016.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    IT'S FINALLY HERE GUYS! AFTER 3 YEARS, A NEW SONG! I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT!

Pretty good as well! Not Juno-level good, but still good.
    that's dope as fuck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Josh Homme plays guitars on it, and it's produced by Blood Pop (AKA Blood Diamonds, who has collaborated with Grimes)
    Fun facts, but I'm not into it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Part of me still thinks we're going to get something new soon.. however, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'd rather be surprised when something drops.
    well, there ya have it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    My boner for new NIN in 2016 is getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So you're closer to sob?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Before the Flood soundtrack next month, new NIN after that.
    Last edited by botley; 09-10-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    My fingers are crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    New NIN single next week with album to follow in November or December.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new NIN album coming soon that he's waiting until after the movie/soundtrack comes out (so that us rabid NIN fans are more likely to buy it while waiting for more NIN). Similar to when he announced NIN was touring again right after HTDA was announced so that the asshole fans wouldn't go just to see him perform and be jackasses during the show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I think between "Before the Flood" and "Juno" that will probably wrap it up for "other things" for 2016.
    I think there is more on the way honestly. This and Juno kind of came out of nowhere and without any real promotion or mention from Trent. I expected something Trent would be talking about a little more or hyping up. I was also assuming something would be out related to the new season of Twin Peaks. Maybe a new How to Destoy Angels track? Or maybe that will come later since it isn't airing until next year. I also kind of expect more soundtrack work for a bigger scale movie.

I'm not sold on new nin this year, but I hope it does happen. Ideally he would announce Year Zero got picked up by Netflix and Year Zero part 2 is on the way.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Ideally he would announce Year Zero got picked up by Netflix and Year Zero part 2 is on the way.
    Don't put these dreams in my head

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The two other things that i think are in the works are the writing songs for a Fight Club musical (and Trent actually liked a tweet announcing this) and Mark Romanek doing a periscope talk where he said Trent would likely do a score for the Overlook film, sequel or prequel to the Shining I think which would be a perfect assignment