Page 300 of 528 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 400 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 9,000 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Oh my God, new Gaga coming too.... this year will be a fucking blast if new NIN surfaces as well!! Jesus, being a NIN fan is like being that single guy who constantly hears about his buddies' hookups, engagements, reuniting with old loves, while you are just waiting for the girl/boy you like to at least reply to your text messages.

- Hey Trent, 'sup with the Tension DVD?
    seen ages ago

- Yo buddy, can't wait for your new stuff this year! I'm so hyped!!! Any new info, maybe?:P
    seen ages ago

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Apple's event started 42 minutes ago and yet we still don't have the announcement for the new NIN new triple CD album accompanied by the Blu-ray 3D Tension tour added to the bonus apple exclusive Fragile DE including Ghost V and VI?
    What the fuck Trent!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Today was never going to be the day. September 13 something will show up on Apple Music.

Source: none, I don't know shit, other than ios10 will be available on September 13
    Last edited by somewhat_; 09-07-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Dive and Slam just announced

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Dive and Slam just announced
    You're yanking my chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I go to sleep remembering this page number (300). If next morning it isn't 30 pages bigger, then - yay - i have another normal productive day (which i hope i will)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If Trent has any more "other stuff" planned for the year, I'd very much like one of them to be another collaboration with Saul Williams.
    Last edited by Bachy; 09-07-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    At this point... $5 the new album drops at 11h59pm on December 31st.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    At this point... $5 the new album drops at 11h59pm on December 31st.
    That would be the ultimate troll by Trent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Grasping at straws here, but I'm starting to think that NIN may be done. When Trent tweeted about new NIN, maybe he was referring to Greatest Hits/B-Sides/Reissues etc.

His FB profile says that he "worked at Nine Inch Nails". Past tense. As in used to.
    Furthermore, the Apple Music bio for NIN begins as "Nine Inch Nails were the most popular industrial group ever" Again, past tense. Unless of course another industrial group has surpassed NIN in terms of popularity or notoriety, which none comes to mind.

Also, the NIN store has been blasting social media with sales/prompts to buy stuff. Think they are clearing out room to add a bunch more?

Not trying to be pessimistic or anything here, but I really am beginning to think it's mostly over. Maybe something from the above mentioned "projects" and a club tour to really Wave Goodbye so to speak, then that's it. At this point though, could you blame him? He's got a family at home and a career w/ Apple. Think Trent really gets excited about playing MOTP 100 different times on a massive tour? Think he's excited to open himself up to scrutiny after the way people treated HM (99% of people shat all over "Everything").

Add all this up to the lack of any news from anyone in the NIN camp and I'm more and more convinced I'm right. Don't get me wrong, I hope i am wrong. If I am, I'll totally apologize to all of you for the stressful thoughts!

I still think Trent would do scores with Atticus and I think HTDA is still going. But NIN?? I'm leaning towards probably not.
    Last edited by Arcspiral; 09-08-2016 at 12:45 AM. Reason: adding more

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    People said Nine Inch Nails was probably done after the Wave Goodbye tour and after Trent started doing film scores/HTDA, but we still got another album. Until Trent says it himself, I'm not going to assume Nine Inch Nails is finished, just that he's taking his time and will announce something when he's ready.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @Arcspiral I don't really agree, regardless of the hassles of touring I think some people just HAVE to perform, I think there was an interview between the scores and HM where he said he felt most alive on a stage. There are people (Gary Numan for example) who find ways to tour without it taking over for a whole year

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "Mostly over" in the sense that most of NIN is in the past is a safe bet, but I think the evidence listed for NIN being completely done is "grasping at straws". I don't think Trent decided that he was completely done with NIN and then decided to update his Facebook profile to reflect that before making any sort of announcement.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As a touring entity, sure, NIN is probably close to if not done. But I don't believe Trent will ever stop releasing music.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Grasping at straws here, but I'm starting to think that NIN may be done. When Trent tweeted about new NIN, maybe he was referring to Greatest Hits/B-Sides/Reissues etc.

His FB profile says that he "worked at Nine Inch Nails". Past tense. As in used to.
    Trent probably set that Facebook profile up during Wave Goodbye and hasn't updated the info on it since. A Facebook profile should not be determining anything about Nine Inch Fuckin' Nails. What next? Is he gonna announce he's scoring a new film on Tinder?

I guarantee you if NIN is ever done, he will let everyone know about it. It's funny to me that people are quick to jump to conclusions about NIN already when he specifically said it's not done and we just had a new album and tour.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-08-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Part of me wishes that Trent had said, in December '15, that new Nine Inch Nails was coming 'soon'. We'd all be in a right state by now - it'd be hilarious.

I mean, this is all part of the fun right? At worst everybody else's opinion is stupid, at best we're just fidgeting a bit in our chairs for nine months straight. It'd be boring if he said 'y'know what, I'm kinda busy with other things right now, but you'll get new music just before we get to Christmas'.

Actually it wouldn't surprise me if he did announce that actually he was fed up with it all and there'd be no new Nine Inch Nails ever, and that'd be fine at this point, I think. But also we could be hit with a brand spanking new double album for free, with an extensive world tour starting next week, and that would feel fairly normal too. I love this band.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @Arcspiral I actually recall that HM was critically received well. NIN "super" fans discredited Everything (much to my chagrin!). I do think it's a tricky situation, to announce a 'second' goodbye. Less hype / fanfare.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Is he gonna announce he's scoring a new film on Tinder?
    15 Closer instrumental remixes along with the long-fabled Crack Slap Clap Trap as a bonus track, and I can't even imagine the delicious eroticism of his Grindr-exclusive album. Meathead needs to come out of retirement and get around to it already

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So apparently all NIN videos on the official youtube account aren't available in the US anymore? When did this happen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We'll get something "soon"...whether it be music or an explanation. We all thought NIN was over a few years ago and it was just going to be soundtracks and HTDA going forward...then BAM!! He had been working on HM for a year.

Between the 3 kiddos (which includes a 10 month old), constant Apple conference calls/meetings, and everything else rumored to be floating around, I'm cutting TR some slack. I don't see him retiring...the guy is an artist and will always want to create in some capacity.

Also, the holidays are around the corner...prime time for releases.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post

Between the 3 kiddos (which includes a 10 month old), constant Apple conference calls/meetings, and everything else rumored to be floating around, I'm cutting TR some slack.
    How dare you

Get the hell out of here with your reasonable assessments and level-headed views; everybody knows that the fourth quarter of a year is a myth

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Also, the holidays are around the corner...prime time for releases.
    October and November are usually the months for bigger releases, but I don't think nin really falls into this category. I could see a greatest hits/best of or a reissue (Fragile) being released around this time, but honestly I can't imagine if this were happening that it wouldn't be listed on upcoming releases yet. Those are not usually the types of releases that employ the "surprise new release" marketing strategy. Hopefully there is a new album on the way before the end of the year.

It would be really nice to have some sort of regular updates regarding nin.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post

It would be really nice to have some sort of regular updates regarding nin.
    Well I mean there was that nifty newsletter for Tension blu-ray updates we all signed up for, so, any day now

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Part of me still thinks we're going to get something new soon.. however, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'd rather be surprised when something drops.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Well I mean there was that nifty newsletter for Tension blu-ray updates we all signed up for, so, any day now
    I might be totally off with this one, but I really think this is still happening. I think the scope of the release changed and turned into a much larger project than expected. I am still holding out for more of a documentary style release regarding the entire process of deciding to record the album, the process of setting up the new live show, then changing the band, then changing the band again.

By the way, if there is any audio of the rehearsals with Adrian Belew I really hope those surface someday.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I might be totally off with this one, but I really think this is still happening. I think the scope of the release changed and turned into a much larger project than expected. I am still holding out for more of a documentary style release regarding the entire process of deciding to record the album, the process of setting up the new live show, then changing the band, then changing the band again.

By the way, if there is any audio of the rehearsals with Adrian Belew I really hope those surface someday.
    Considering how absurdly long it took for Rammstein's In Amerika to come out, and NIN's track record of glacial paces, I'm open to the idea of it coming out one day, but I'm just of the attitude that I'd rather expect nothing and be surprised than bet on something and be disappointed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I noticed the past tense used in the Apple Bio, and then recalled that bio from the NIN Allmusic.com page. I believe it was written during the 'retirement' period. One issue I've got with Apple Music- of many issues as a paying subscriber- is the lack of detail to artist bios. Fucking Allmusic? Notice when you use Apple that the other bios will be out of date, contain typos, or be non-existent for recent, 00's era acts. Its tough for artists to be summarized in their primes but c'mon, that was ten fuckin' years ago and nothing can be written up? Also, the Facebook past tense is another formatting issue with the website. I don't believe NIN is a 'completed.' However, no, I'm not anticipating a Hits LP necessary as it may be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That'd be cool to hear. My bet is that the NIN songbook is not ripe for much improvisation. Also, the hits will be played, and shit like 'hits' turn-off alot of more out-there musicians. Belew bailed for these reasons ...I liked the sound of NIN w/ Buckingham on the Grammy's. The problem there was not on the band. His backing vocals were great, that's one of the reasons Fleetwood still sound so cool.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be shocked if NIN is done. Trent is busy these days working for Apple and that takes up a lot of time. And as far as NIN goes, from PHM straight through WT, TR always had something to say. I get the feeling YZ was about an alternate reality because at that point he was already running out of things to say. Also around that time is when he started doing more and more instrumental music (further proof he was running out of things to say) So now in 2016, what exactly is TR going to write about? Taking the kids to school? Going to parent teacher conferences? Grocery shopping and doing laundry with the wife? He wouldnt be the first artist to run out of things to say. Maybe he started the project, realized he had nothing left to say and canned it
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 09-08-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if NIN is done. Trent is busy these days working for Apple and that takes up a lot of time. And as far as NIN goes, from PHM straight through WT, TR always had something to say. I get the feeling YZ was about an alternate reality because at that point he was already running out of things to say. And now in 2016, what exactly is TR going to write about? Taking the kids to school? Going to parent teacher conferences? Grocery shopping and doing laundry with the wife? He wouldnt be the first artist to run out of things to say
    If only he had already begun an anthology series of tracks without lyrics. Call it like, Spirits.

And you act like he's never had a partner before, and that all stresses in his life are magically gone. I mean, he has to deal with fans like you still, that's at least an EP's worth.