Page 290 of 392 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,700 of 11757

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Everyone's are with a history of at least 10 years. "Why don't you sound like on oyur first record? Why don't you come to my country? Why did you (not) collab with XY? Why did you make a radio-friendly song? I think your music now sucks! " etc. An adult person should be able to handle it after being in the biz for so long. The way he handled it showed some serious insecurity; a men of his caliber should laugh his ass off reading those punk's comments.

Abrupting songs live for a very few people's idiocity can be argued, because there are pros and cons to what Trent used to do, but his social media stunts (including the ETS one, with fake accounts and whatnot) were not cool at all. Funny and sad at the same time, but I'm happy he pulled the plug on that, realizing it's just not for him.

Yes, definitely. There are a bunch of songs which show mental issues. AATCHB (song) might be one of the most obvious ones; that song is pure depression.
    A normal adult could handle the haters but as an perfectionists you're crushed by that. The drugs may have helped him with by getting numb sometimes but becoming insane in the next moment. It's no general excuse but like I said, my gf has the same problem and people like Trent aren't always in control of their emotions/deeds.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I have this theory about Nine Inch Nails called the "NIN Mirror Theory". You can line up all the major NIN releases (with lyrics) in 2 columns. Like this:

4. The Fragile_______________5. With Teeth
    3. The Downward Spiral_______6. Year Zero
    2. Broken (EP)_______________7. The Slip (EP)
    1. Pretty Hate Machine (PHM)___8. Hesitation Marks (HM)

As you can see, some interesting elements begin to reveal themselves. Not only is it a mirror, but it is also a ring. PHM is the beginning of the cycle and HM is the end. The Fragile is the conclusion of the descent into darkness and ends in uncertainty... all the heavy duty pains have been experienced now. With Teeth marks the beginning of the rise... it is the coping. The Fragile is weakness while With Teeth is newfound strength. The Fragile and With Teeth are both the most psychedelic sounding of all NIN albums. Hesitation Marks represents completion and has a special link to Pretty Hate Machine.

You will also notice the similarity of the acronym PHM and HM. Several reviews noted how HM in some ways was a return to the sounds of PHM. Then the strange fact of 2 and 7 being EPs. Broken and The Slip are both rough-sounding and punk. For The Downward Spiral, a spiral is circular in nature and singular. Same with the zero of Year Zero. The Downward Spiral is a documentation of the self-annihilation of an individual. Year Zero documents the FUTURE destruction of civilization. TDS is the most mechanical/industrial sounding album. YZ is the most digital/computer sounding album.

A few months ago I learned about the ring theory in interpreting the first 6 Star Wars films... I guess after all these months my brain synthesized this theory as it applies to NIN.

ONE LAST POINT: 1ST SONG ON PHM: HEAD LIKE A HOLE "BLACK AS YOUR SOUL".....LAST SONG ON HM: BLACK NOISE.....presumably linking the content of Black Noise to what a Head like a hole which is black as your soul would sound like.... and therefore linking back to the beginning of NIN.. and therefore it indicates that a future NIN album would be a return to the source or the beginning of a second journey along the ring.
    Last edited by cashpiles; 07-08-2016 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Duuuuuuuude... "The Drugs" thread is in a seperate sub-forum. Holy mother of Jesus the lack of NIN material mixed in with TR's tweet last December is making some go cray cray.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think this is pretty normal for this board. These exact conversations have happened all before. It's all connected, man. The beginning is the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Life is a flat circle...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    NIN world is currently the equivalent of yelling into a black hole, saying "is anybody there?" and it echoing back, in the style of the voice you hear in the Fist Fuck samples.

Let's change the board name from Echoing The Sound to Echo Chamber until there's news. Or... Echoplex? That sounds like a good ETS competitor name.
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-08-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    NIN world is currently the equivalent of yelling into a black hole, saying "is anybody there?" and it echoing back, in the style of the voice you hear in the Fist Fuck samples.

Let's change the board name from Echoing The Sound to Echo Chamber until there's news.
    Yeah, it demoralisingly quiet.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Yeah, it demoralisingly quiet.
    At least there's Juno and the instrumental Everything...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    At least there's Juno and the instrumental Everything...
    I try to console myself that saying that TR did not intend to keep us waiting in silence for this length of time and that something has happened in the background that we are unaware of....because if this silence was intentional after that December tweet, well that's just REALLY mean!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    I try to console myself that saying that TR did not intend to keep us waiting in silence for this length of time and that something has happened in the background that we are unaware of....because if this silence was intentional after that December tweet, well that's just REALLY mean!
    The fact that we are getting excited about Charlie Clouser interviews in NIN Spotting is quite telling.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    What I find kind of sad is that Clouser is now in Richard Patrick's situation... "Soooooo you're working on stuff now aaaand.... Nine Inch Nails,right? Right? Tell us about that."
    At least Vrenna is subject to "Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson, that was awesome."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    What I find kind of sad is that Clouser is now in Richard Patrick's situation... "Soooooo you're working on stuff now aaaand.... Nine Inch Nails,right? Right? Tell us about that."
    At least Vrenna is subject to "Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson, that was awesome."
    Well if the journo is up to speed on Vrenna, its NIN, Manson and the Psyclon Nine controversy.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    When it comes to former bands overshadowing current works, I'm not quite sure Psyclon Nine can cut it, honestly...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    When it comes to former bands overshadowing current works, I'm not quite sure Psyclon Nine can cut it, honestly...
    You're right. No question of that. It is alleged that Chris may not have been appropriately compensated for his work with that band, and this in conjunction with the Kickstarter campaign fiasco, raises questions.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The question is where the hell is Daniel Patrick "Danny" Lohner (born December 13, 1970), frequently known as Renholdėr.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The question is where the hell is Daniel Patrick "Danny" Lohner (born December 13, 1970), frequently known as Renholdėr.
    He's busy laying face-down in public with his pants pulled down.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    He's busy laying face-down in public with his pants pulled down.
    Link?

10 chr

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Link?

10 chr
    https://www.instagram.com/dannylohner

He probably posts them other places, too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That one with Tyler the Creator is great. His eyes say "I don't know what's going on but here I am."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that something was announced on NIN.com about an October release, and I was typing a post saying how we get new NIN and finding out who Negan killed on The Walking Dead around about the same time. And naturally how thrilled I was.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that something was announced on NIN.com about an October release, and I was typing a post saying how we get new NIN and finding out who Negan killed on The Walking Dead around about the same time. And naturally how thrilled I was.
    But then again, that might have been a dream

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I like to imagine what was going through in Trent's head when he commissioned Eugene to remix Everything: "All right, here's the vocal track. I want you to FUCK IT UP. Like, completely. FUCK EVERYTHING."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I like to imagine what was going through in Trent's head when he commissioned Eugene to remix Everything: "All right, here's the vocal track. I want you to FUCK IT UP. Like, completely. FUCK EVERYTHING."
    It's like that one meme. (Forgive me, please.)

"What kinda cut you want?"

"Just fuck me up."
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-09-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It's like that one meme. (Forgive me, please.)

"What kinda cut you want?"

"Just fuck me up."

Oh man that reminds me of this scene so much

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The bigger question is, given how talented he is, why did he leave NIN? And not become a permanent member of A Perfect Circle?

I mean just listen to his fucking remix of The Outsider by APC and The Undertaker by Puscifer. And Bowie's Bring Me The Disco King.

And his remixes of Underneath The Stars and Apart by The Cure.

Danny Lohner is just like this super talented fuck who just gets forgotten or cast aside for Christ knows what reason. He should have and should be in the picture so much more. It's The Great NIN-Related Mystery in my opinion. Maybe he's just an angel who only appears now and then to bless us with awesome shit.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Danny also did a sick contribution to a LoL (League of Legends) song a few years back. I'd totally listen a whole record of those.

The other day I was watching random ass Metallica videos and I saw Danny auditioned for them as a bassist. It was so strange! Danny was long gone when I got into NIN, but I always imagined him as this multi-talented, jack of all trades creative musician, and not someone who would seriously stick to playing bass on such a serious level as with a band like Metallica. Then again, I have no idea how good of a bassists he was/is. Btw Jeordie auditioned for that role too!

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    And with all the pleading, needing, bleeding, breeding, feeding, exceeding, trying, lying, defying, crying and dying...

Let's change the board name from Echoing The Sound to Echo Chamber until there's news. Or... Echoplex? That sounds like a good ETS competitor name.
    I've actually thought about Echoplex as a name for a Nine Inch Nails forum ever since The Slip came out, as far as a name that still had the word echo in it. Echoplex also looks very nice on the eyes, sounds nice on the ears, and it's a lot shorter to type for the sake of ease and convenience as well. (This isn't to say that ETS is hard to type by any means either, especially since it's become like a reflex to me for quite some time.)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/dannylohner

He probably posts them other places, too.
    Haha, great. He has the "its still real to me dammnit" guy up on there, Never thought of him as a Pro Wrestling fan though, awesome.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This performance, it‘s just fucking great. Everything this song should be.