Page 260 of 528 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,800 of 15827

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    When the fuck is With Teeth getting a vinyl repress. It's a massive genre album of the 00s and hard to come by, it should already have its Hot Topic limited release or whatever. And it doesn't even have The Fragile's excuse of being stuck in deluxe edition hell
    He's still working on the essay or whatever to go with the vinyl.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I assume it's part of it
    That'd be sweet. With additional reworkings as well of course.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No activity from Trent at all (on twitter, instagram or apple connect). Where has he gone?????

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    No activity from Trent at all (on twitter, instagram or apple connect). Where has he gone?????
    The office? His kids' school?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Probably taking that break that he promised himself he would take back in 2009.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was in a rather twisted mood yesterday after work, and so I decided to watch The Broken Movie. Yeah…

A couple of questions for some of you longtime nin fans out there. When you first saw The Broken Movie back in the 90’s (or whenever) what were your initial thoughts about it? Also, what are your thoughts on it now 20+ years later?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    I was in a rather twisted mood yesterday after work, and so I decided to watch The Broken Movie. Yeah…

A couple of questions for some of you longtime nin fans out there. When you first saw The Broken Movie back in the 90’s (or whenever) what were your initial thoughts about it? Also, what are your thoughts on it now 20+ years later?
    I had first seen it as a shitty quality YouTube video and freaked out, even though I had read the synopsis from NINwiki. Then, I saw the DVD version and I said, "yeah, this actually ain't so bad", until I got to the Gave Up part. ...Yeah...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    ...until I got to the Gave Up part. ...Yeah...
    The Gave Up part really does take the cake, doesn’t it. To this day it looks a little too real.

The Downward Spiral was gritty, dark, and sad, but the Broken movie was flat out franticly brutal and grisly. I wonder, at the time they conceived it if they were being loosely inspired by something like the Skinny Puppy - Worlock video? I wonder what Trent thinks about that period, looking back now.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    My best friend bought me a bootleg vhs copy for my 17th birthday (1995) that a local record store had. We were so excited to watch it. We got to the end and were like "uh well, that was weird."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post

I only got to see it after Trent leaked the DVD version. I found it to be disturbing, but not to the point where I wanted to look away, and I thought the video for Happiness In Slavery (which I had never seen before) was very well done.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    It amazes me (and scares me) that Year Zero keeps being a prophetic album. It had predicted government surveillance of the public (drones), terrorist attacks (in the YZ timeline, terrorists had attacked the Oscars ceremony), and Parepin could be an allegory for today's addiction to "sedative" social media. And no, I'm no conspiracy theory nutjob. Heck, even Trent himself had said it:

Today, Reznor sees an America slipped way beyond Year Zero. "It was meant to be a cautionary 'Watch what's going to happen'," he says, "but it's kind of past that now. Watching Bush embarrass America [back then], things were changing at such a pace that it felt like they weren't even trying to hide it any more. Any trust you might have of the government, or the illusion that big business isn't running everything and really everything's a scam to conduct the brilliant manipulation of lots of uneducated people in America … that was gone."

His initial optimism about Obama seems to have evaporated, too. "The day he was elected really felt like: 'I can't believe that just happened.' Jump ahead a few years and … I know one person can't change everything and it's the system that's broken, but the [Edward] Snowden shit that we're finding out about now, is this a surprise to anybody? But no one will do anything about it. We just had banks rip us off, bankrupt the country. Who went to jail for that? Who's accountable for that? Whatever changed about that? Nothing. [Year Zero] has come true. And nobody's doing anything about it, nobody cares. Some people speak up, but only when convenient. Complaining about it on social media isn't gonna change anything."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Was recently watching bits of the Tension video. Wow, Trent really nailed it on In Two. He really dug his voice into the performance on those shouts, and it sounds great. I hadn’t appreciated that in the past for some reason. His sustained groan during the outro felt a bit odd to me though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Man, I wish Trent would break the silence soon. Hopefully at the end of the year or early 2016.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Man, I wish Trent would break the silence soon. Hopefully at the end of the year or early 2016.
    I suspect a Merry Christmas post upcoming.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    "Here's a Hesitation Marks wallpaper pack we promised you! Merry Christmas!"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can't get out of bed in the morning without playing NIN to jump start me. Which is why I hope new music is somewhere on the horizon. I'm building up a tolerance to HM already.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I can't get out of bed in the morning without playing NIN to jump start me. Which is why I hope new music is somewhere on the horizon. I'm building up a tolerance to HM already.
    Anything you don't have that could give you a boost? There's always rare tracks and remixes

Or, do what I did when I first felt that way, and dive into everything Trent's produced/worked on, you'll find some pretty amazing stuff

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anything you don't have that could give you a boost? There's always rare tracks and remixes

Or, do what I did when I first felt that way, and dive into everything Trent's produced/worked on, you'll find some pretty amazing stuff
    I've been looping every CD except Broken. I've looped some of the unreleased stuff, too. Seems like I've covered just about everything. Those HM demos sound so badass they really have me craving something new.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I've been looping every CD except Broken. I've looped some of the unreleased stuff, too. Seems like I've covered just about everything. Those HM demos sound so badass they really have me craving something new.
    There's always something to miss, it can be worth checking out some of the deep cuts (like Illum Tangendo, the authorised vocal version of A Warm Place) or Liar, the Reptile demo which is better. Amd I'm assuming you have the easy ones, Purest Feeling, Ghosts 37&38 etc

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    here's a question for the ultimate diehards...Did TR record new vocals for this remix? I always assumed he had but would like confirmation

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    here's a question for the ultimate diehards...Did TR record new vocals for this remix? I always assumed he had but would like confirmation

I think he used an alternative vocal take, as opposed to a new recording - but I'd agree it sounds like a different source

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Opal mix is dated November 1990 on the sleeve, so I would bet on a re-recording, but you never know. I didn't even know the HLAH maxi was split into "extended" and "edit" sides until the other day. :/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anybody here randomly insert F-bombs in NIN lyrics where they're absent? I've recently caught myself doing that in the chorus of certain songs (especially HM): 'Fucking copy of a copy of a!' or 'I fucking came back haunted!' Yes, I just can't (fucking) help myself sometimes. The songs are that fucking good.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I hope you read the guide on Proper Fuck Placement first.

This might belong in the confessions thread, but I always cringe at Reptile live when Trent does that "Please... Don't... Hurt.... Me" part. Hella cheesy, and that's coming from someone who loves and defends PHM from start to finish.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Has anyone ordered the mystery grab bag from the store?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Ordered it but haven't received it yet.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Yes.

I also picked up one and got the same items but yours may vary depending on your shirt size. :-D

Jesus I love that distressed tee. I now have four!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Anybody here randomly insert F-bombs in NIN lyrics where they're absent? I've recently caught myself doing that in the chorus of certain songs (especially HM): 'Fucking copy of a copy of a!' or 'I fucking came back haunted!' Yes, I just can't (fucking) help myself sometimes. The songs are that fucking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I hope you read the guide on Proper Fuck Placement first.
    Exactly, that's what also came across my mind as well.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp000405.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    This might belong in the confessions thread, but I always cringe at Reptile live when Trent does that "Please... Don't... Hurt.... Me" part. Hella cheesy, and that's coming from someone who loves and defends PHM from start to finish.
    It's kind of funny that you've mentioned that. I didn't even think about it all until somebody pointed out Chris Vrenna's reaction to that part of Reptile in the Woodstock 1994 performance around the 4:33-4:41 mark of this video on YouTube.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-08-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It's kind of funny that you've mentioned that. I didn't even think about it all until somebody pointed out Chris Vrenna's reaction to that part of Reptile in the Woodstock 1994 performance around the 4:33-4:41 mark of this video on YouTube.
    i think chris' reaction is actually 1) re-securing his in-ear-monitors and 2) rolling his eyes at trent hitting the "me" off-time.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Re: f-bombs
    I usually place them where Trent does at live shows.
    "This world never gave me a chance. Mother fucker gonna have to pay"
    "Your fucking world, that is"
    ...and so on.