Page 11 of 528 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it sounds like Atticus will be busy for a bit with this new Keanu project.

Even if there is another movie score in TR's future, he may have some time for OTHER musical endeavors.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm crushed that nin.com recently had 'Still' delisted from the merch store. I took for granted it was in there for so long, and must have qued it up countless times only to close the window, just waiting for the right item to match with it to justify the shipping cost. Now it's gone and it most likely will never be back. I suppose I could look for it on the secondary market (I'd imagine its going for $40-80?), but it's still frustrating since the whole reason I waited was to avoid paying more than 20 bucks for 9 tracks I already have. I e-mailed them asking if they had any other copies lying around to sell but I never heard back. One of those things that sadly passed me by, and I have no one to blame but myself. I'm sure it will make it into my hands eventually though, when the time is right.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    I'm crushed that nin.com recently had 'Still' delisted from the merch store. I took for granted it was in there for so long, and must have qued it up countless times only to close the window, just waiting for the right item to match with it to justify the shipping cost. Now it's gone and it most likely will never be back. I suppose I could look for it on the secondary market (I'd imagine its going for $40-80?), but it's still frustrating since the whole reason I waited was to avoid paying more than 20 bucks for 9 tracks I already have. I e-mailed them asking if they had any other copies lying around to sell but I never heard back. One of those things that sadly passed me by, and I have no one to blame but myself. I'm sure it will make it into my hands eventually though, when the time is right.
    This, so hard. The shipping cost was just too much for me, so I kept putting it off, saying "Oh, it'll still be there," and now it's not. Ugh.

It doesn't help that assholes on Amazon sell the damn thing for upwards of 30 dollars when it's listed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I asked Rob when someone first noticed, and he said he wasn't sure if it was an error or if they were truly sold out. Personally, I think AATCHB DE should be reissued, and the standalones should be left alone.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Re: Still
    drop a message in the marketplace section, i heard someone had a spare copy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I know for a fact that the July 25, 2009 - Targu Mures, Romania, Peninsula Festival was recorded in HQ, multicam, etc. by Duna TV (Hungarian TV).

The problem is, I tried to contact Duna in 2009 to see if they can release the footage but with no success.
    I think I remember Laci saying they were told not to release it. NINcamp told them.

Have you guys ever encountered something like this?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Still has disappeared from the online store more than once before.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I know for a fact that the July 25, 2009 - Targu Mures, Romania, Peninsula Festival was recorded in HQ, multicam, etc. by Duna TV (Hungarian TV).

The problem is, I tried to contact Duna in 2009 to see if they can release the footage but with no success.
    I think I remember Laci saying they were told not to release it. NINcamp told them.

Have you guys ever encountered something like this?
    I haven't, but I suspect NIN management wanted to stop them from using the footage commercially. If they knew it was just going out online for free they'd probably be okay with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Remember a track supposedly by NIN i found on Soulseek or Kazaa called ANGEL. it was on net around about 2001-2002.

I downloaded it and quite liked it, i subsequently found out the track called Angel was not by NIN and by a Canadian band called Vinyl Sun. Heard it again today, laughing at the fact i assumed Trent had written it. 'i thought angeles never learned to say goodbye'. The singer has a simillar voice to Trent except creepier softer more passive and anglo-centric.
    And it totally rips off the AC/DC Back in Black the main guitar riff.
    the lyrics oh my...... Could pass for a reject NIN track.

Sounds like it could have been written for Broken in 1992 sort of like Physical the Adam and the Ants cover, i just assumed Trent was going through a phase of trying to sound like that.

Gooooooooodbyyyyye!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I never thought the singer sounded like Trent, closer to OhGr's voice in my opinion.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I was just listening to "The Great Destroyer" through my tinny built-in iPhone speaker and the "Red Horse Vector" hidden message was clear as day. I fucking love that! LEFT MINUS RIGHT BITCHES

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Bought the CDS of "the day the world went away" a few days ago as it was for under a dollar on amazon.de. Turned out the packaging is covered in obnoxious stickers by Interscope, a price tag and some other stupid stickers from the store it was orginally bought at. Since it's already a couple of years old the color changed for worse around these stickers. Looks like shit, but oh well, I still got my good looking vinyl for bragging purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I was just listening to "The Great Destroyer" through my tinny built-in iPhone speaker and the "Red Horse Vector" hidden message was clear as day. I fucking love that! LEFT MINUS RIGHT BITCHES
    Eh? Never heard of this before...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy birthday, Year Zero! You're not my favorite NIN album by far, but you sure are interesting.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Eh? Never heard of this before...
    It's one of the "rabbit hole" entries to the ARG websites. At one point in the song, all of the audio except that spoken message goes 180° out of phase, which means if you combine both channels into a single mono signal everything but those words will disappear. It doesn't work as well on lossy formats like MP3, which tend to throw away part of the stereo field, so there's a chance even if you listen on a mono device, you won't hear it clearly.

Best way to hear it yourself: rip that track from the CD to a lossless file format like WAV and combine both channels into one with an audio editor.
    Last edited by botley; 04-17-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember listening to it on my old mobile phone would only play the "Red Horse Vector" part with no music at all, completely threw me off first time

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I have a... not perfect, but not dumb knowledge of the Chinese zodiac, which I find far more accurate than the Western version.

Anyway, point being, I just looked up Trent's sign, being the Snake. Snakes are renowned for always trying to please those around them as best they can. Just sayin'.

** note: I'm referring to how this matches him always being so nice to his fans, etc.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just got this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    This is so funny. It takes me back a few years before I became a mega fan. For some reason my sister got it in her head for a while that the band name was "Nine Inch Snails". One day we saw either the "Closer" or "Perfect Drug" video on MTV2 (back when they actually played music videos) and she realized her mistake and we had a good chuckle about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just got a gaming PC from a friend who built himself a new one and didn't need the parts of his last one and a great set of 5.1 speakers from a second hand shop. (Total cost...£8!) This meant that I was finally able to do something I've wanted to do for years.

Back in 2008 I went to New York City and while there I picked up the dual-disc of The Downward Spiral. Well I didn't have a 5.1 system then so it's sat on my shelf for almost 4 years. Yesterday I took it out and put it in and turned it up LOUD.

I could not believe how radically different the album sounds! It was like listening to it for the very first time, I noticed so many things I had never been able to hear before and fell in love with the album all over again. It was such a great expierence.

Today I played And All That Could Have Been in 5.1 and whle i had heard this in surrond before it was many years ago. Not quite as startling an experience as TDS but still drew me in very deeply. I hope I never have to go back to only the stereo. Up next, [With_Teeth] Tour Edition 5.1.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The thing to keep in mind with TDS' 5.1 version is that many of the songs have been remixed, and not just in terms of seperating the channels. Compare the drumming between stereo and 5.1 Mr. Self Destruct, for example, or the guitar in the chorus of I Do Not Want This. So when you're picking out things you didn't before... chances are they might not have been there before! Or, at least, have sounded very different originally.
    For that reason, TDS 5.1 has always blown me away in a way no other surround mix has done. The surround is expertly done too, though - it seperates the instruments in a way you rarely hear on With Teeth 5.1. When you rip the disc, it's almost like having multitracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wasn't aware of that. I knew it said on the UK SACD version that it was remixed as well as remastered but didn't know exactly what that meant. Interesting to know, thanks. I'll have to get hearing it again soon to see what else is different/new.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scramasax View Post
    I just got a gaming PC from a friend who built himself a new one and didn't need the parts of his last one and a great set of 5.1 speakers from a second hand shop. (Total cost...£8!) This meant that I was finally able to do something I've wanted to do for years.

Back in 2008 I went to New York City and while there I picked up the dual-disc of The Downward Spiral. Well I didn't have a 5.1 system then so it's sat on my shelf for almost 4 years. Yesterday I took it out and put it in and turned it up LOUD.

I could not believe how radically different the album sounds! It was like listening to it for the very first time, I noticed so many things I had never been able to hear before and fell in love with the album all over again. It was such a great expierence.

Today I played And All That Could Have Been in 5.1 and whle i had heard this in surrond before it was many years ago. Not quite as startling an experience as TDS but still drew me in very deeply. I hope I never have to go back to only the stereo. Up next, [With_Teeth] Tour Edition 5.1.
    There was a quote about how aatchb 5.1 was boring because it was just recreating the live experience.

The with teeth 5.1 is pretty good. That album is a dark horse for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    She prefers The Fragile (Left). I prefer The Fragile (Right).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ^ Things Falling Apart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    She prefers The Fragile (Left). I prefer The Fragile (Right).
    But which Starfuckers(Version)???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but Last is played over the closing credits of The Cabin In The Woods. I almost lost my shit when it came on, I really enjoyed the movie and then Last (my favorite NIN song) capped it off.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere
    Yup. In the NIN Spotting thread, of all places.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, son of a bitch.

My bad, still getting used to the structure of the boards.