Page 103 of 527 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is the "Paul Anka – (You're) Having My Baby" Trent trolling us?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Elliott Smith has an unreleased song with a lyric dissing Reznor.
    My inner teenager is so confused, watching his parents fight like this.
    The lyrics criticize boozed-up bar patrons' superficial friendliness at a dive where apparently nine inch nails is finishing up 'Head Like A Hole.'
    Why the problem? Indie cred?
    Maybe Smith & Reznor shared a dealer and it got weird.

"We're All Friends Now,"

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I wonder why they've only played The Line Begins To Blur once during the festival/Tension shows?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder why they've only played The Line Begins To Blur once during the festival/Tension shows?
    probably they rehearsed it, wanted to check it out live, but when Tension started, TR might just think it didn't fit the set. in Buzzfeed interview he said that this tour was about deep groove stuff, next tour legs might be harder and maybe TLBTB will make a comeback (hopefully)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Odd thought of the day...I've just read about Neal Schon from Journey and his pay per view wedding. Dismissed it as a horrendous idea and an insult to the sanctity of marriage, blah blah blah.

Then I thought - what if Trent and Mariqueen had done the same thing? (No way they would, obviously!). Would I have paid $15 to see it? I think the answer would have been a slightly hypocritical 'undoubtedly'...! Shame on me and my fanboydom.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Odd thought of the day...I've just read about Neal Schon from Journey and his pay per view wedding. Dismissed it as a horrendous idea and an insult to the sanctity of marriage, blah blah blah.
    I'm not one to get hung up on the sanctity of anything, let alone the Wedding Industrial Complex. But charging people to see it is just tacky.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    E

"We're All Friends Now,"
    It's not exactly Elliott's best work. I can see why it remained unreleased during his lifetime. I've always felt he was hit and miss through most of his career, and while it may not be popular opinion, I think he was really just hitting his stride with the songs that became "From a Basement on a Hill." It still saddens me that we didn't get to see what he was really capable of. That goes quadruple for Jeff Buckley.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I concur that it's really a sketch of a song.

Buzz Osborne of the Melvins recalls the last time he liked music enjoyed by a mass audience. It's 'The Downward Spiral:'

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-melv...le-stream-song
    Last edited by SarahConnor; 11-27-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love everyone's reaction faces in the new Vevo video. Especially during the end... hilarious.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Trent should occasionally include the demo-lyrics at the end of Wish, I think it's awesome and he did the same with The Collector.

Same goes for ATLITW, though I have no idea how'd that sound.

Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    probably they rehearsed it, wanted to check it out live, but when Tension started, TR might just think it didn't fit the set. in Buzzfeed interview he said that this tour was about deep groove stuff, next tour legs might be harder and maybe TLBTB will make a comeback (hopefully)
    So where is where is everybody?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Trent should occasionally include the demo-lyrics at the end of Wish, I think it's awesome and he did the same with The Collector.

Same goes for ATLITW, though I have no idea how'd that sound.
    Pretty cheesy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just got me the Now Im Nothing and Eraser shirts off nin.com. I love how when you get older and birthdays mean shit, you still buy yourself gifts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Anyone else think these Vevo videos bode well for a big behind the scenes feature on the (oh please oh please) DVD/Blu-ray?

Last night when I was falling asleep, I had a vision of a deluxe boxed set with discs devoted to the festivals, Tension and the 2014 leg(s). Plus extras like Jimmy Kimmel and ACL. Maybe even a coffee table book of Rob's photos, mmmm.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Anyone else think these Vevo videos bode well for a big behind the scenes feature on the (oh please oh please) DVD/Blu-ray?

Last night when I was falling asleep, I had a vision of a deluxe boxed set with discs devoted to the festivals, Tension and the 2014 leg(s). Plus extras like Jimmy Kimmel and ACL. Maybe even a coffee table book of Rob's photos, mmmm.
    That sounds thoroughly sextastic.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I'm hoping that Trent will release multitracks from HM. I wish there was another "remix the whole damn thing" disc/torrent/something like the ones we got for YZ, Slip and Ghosts, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I'm hoping that Trent will release multitracks from HM. I wish there was another "remix the whole damn thing" disc/torrent/something like the ones we got for YZ, Slip and Ghosts, but I don't see it happening in the near future.
    I wish the god damn instrumental versions of Everything and Came Back Haunted would finally surface rather than just the 30 second samples we have so far.

If the digital promo exists for them both... WHO HAS IT?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hope he drops it into more shows when he gets to Oz. It's one of the few songs on WT I actually enjoy. If it weren't for Right Where It Belongs, The Line Begins to Blue, Home and With Teeth I'd listen to that album way less than I do now. Those four songs make that album for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Damn it, Trent! Take all my fucking money why don't you!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post

Yeah, all the behind the scenes videos and the Staples Center taping is just one big cock tease of what-are-they-doing? kind of thing. But I think that all that press/taping comes with the record label deal, right?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Yes, this is very random.

Now that Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone yet again, I was just reminded that the colors for The Downward Spiral's artwork certainly have just the right colors for both days. I could probably say the same about Broken's artwork, and I can also see how the colors on The Fragile's artwork can also give me a bit of a Christmas vibe as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is supposed to be funny but I laughed the entire time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With Teeth is extremely underrated among NIN fans.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by This Wreckage View Post
    Omg. I think WT is one of NIN's finest.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think it's strange Charles Fleischer is a NIN fan. Not that I can't imagine him being into the band, but the fact his celebrity status gets him (and I assume his lady friend) backstage passes.

That's my random NIN thought while I wait for the fucking Japanese tour date announcement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by This Wreckage View Post
    Where do you get that from? I need to see the poll that lead to that reasoning.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    When "Gave Up" is played live, do those red + blue lights always feature during the song to represent the colors of "Broken" and "Fixed"?

That's the impression I've always had.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When "Gave Up" is played live, do those red + blue lights always feature during the song to represent the colors of "Broken" and "Fixed"?

That's the impression I've always had.
    I always think of those old red and blue 3d glasses. Maybe that is just me. Also, "Broken" is orange.......isn't it?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    I always think of those old red and blue 3d glasses. Maybe that is just me. Also, "Broken" is orange.......isn't it?
    Yeah it is but my mind has just always made that association for some reason. Maybe orange wouldn't look as effective as a light.

Speaking of, where is that deluxe double release of Broken/Fixed you mentioned years ago Trent?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah it is but my mind has just always made that association for some reason. Maybe orange wouldn't look as effective as a light.

Speaking of, where is that deluxe double release of Broken/Fixed you mentioned years ago Trent?!
    Actually looking at the cover, a case could totally be made for red. There are like red and orange flames (its been forever since I actually studied the cover of Broken) I like that idea though, I've always wondered why Gave Up ALWAYS had that light combo.

Broken could use a god damn remaster. I'll bet that would sound awesome. If there are any unreleased b-sides from Broken I don't know about, I would absolutely die for the chance to hear them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    If there are any unreleased b-sides from Broken I don't know about, I would absolutely die for the chance to hear them.
    Now I'm Nothing, the third track that Trent did to go along with Suck and Physical (which we probably already have, but who knows) and Wish (original lyrics) are all I can think of. Though, should the album be remastered? The whole point is its roughness.

But a triple disc release with Broken Movie + commentary etc would not go amiss. Can't even access TPB from the UK anymore without a proxy so the torrent release is a bit out of date.