Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Isis

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Gettin' real tired of bands underestimating their sales and not producing enough units so they can later run big hype on reissues. Fuck offffffff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Gettin' real tired of bands underestimating their sales and not producing enough units so they can later run big hype on reissues. Fuck offffffff
    They didn't underestimate anything. They've always released things in small quantities. The vinyl on their store was just the band exclusive version. You can order the regular version on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Live-VII-ISIS/dp/B01N6TVP51/

Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They didn't underestimate anything. They've always released things in small quantities. The vinyl on their store was just the band exclusive version. You can order the regular version on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Live-VII-ISIS/dp/B01N6TVP51/
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.
    Yeah, that cover is pretty great. I think I got one of the last ones.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    For me Wavering Radiant is also their pinnacle. I've said this in other threads, but I really like bands that release their best (for me) album late in their careers. You have Isis, Garbage with Strange Little Birds, Deftones with Koi No Yokan, Foo Fighters with Wasting Light, Rammstein with Liebe ist fr alle da.

My brother just sent me this Flickr album, with photos of the letter-pressing process of Live IV...amazing to see all the effort that goes behind these vinyl.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/interr...th/2347807744/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A second benefit concert for the family of Caleb Scofield (of Cave In, Old Man Gloom, and Zozobra) was just announced. Note the names under Celestial. I might have to fly to LA for this.

https://twitter.com/oldmangloomband/...92257963823105

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got my ticket! It told me floor tickets were unavailable at first, so I bought a balcony ticket just to be safe. Then I kept trying and also got a floor ticket. So if anyone wants a balcony ticket, I'll have an extra! In fact, if anyone in L.A. has a couch I could crash on for a couple nights, the ticket is free!

EDIT: ticket gone
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-17-2018 at 04:14 PM.