Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: Isis

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,421
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Gettin' real tired of bands underestimating their sales and not producing enough units so they can later run big hype on reissues. Fuck offffffff

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Gettin' real tired of bands underestimating their sales and not producing enough units so they can later run big hype on reissues. Fuck offffffff
    They didn't underestimate anything. They've always released things in small quantities. The vinyl on their store was just the band exclusive version. You can order the regular version on Amazon.

    https://www.amazon.com/Live-VII-ISIS/dp/B01N6TVP51/

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,448
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They didn't underestimate anything. They've always released things in small quantities. The vinyl on their store was just the band exclusive version. You can order the regular version on Amazon.

    https://www.amazon.com/Live-VII-ISIS/dp/B01N6TVP51/
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.
    Yeah, that cover is pretty great. I think I got one of the last ones.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterrey, Mxico
    Posts
    562
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.
    For me Wavering Radiant is also their pinnacle. I've said this in other threads, but I really like bands that release their best (for me) album late in their careers. You have Isis, Garbage with Strange Little Birds, Deftones with Koi No Yokan, Foo Fighters with Wasting Light, Rammstein with Liebe ist fr alle da.

    My brother just sent me this Flickr album, with photos of the letter-pressing process of Live IV...amazing to see all the effort that goes behind these vinyl.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/interr...th/2347807744/

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A second benefit concert for the family of Caleb Scofield (of Cave In, Old Man Gloom, and Zozobra) was just announced. Note the names under Celestial. I might have to fly to LA for this.


    https://twitter.com/oldmangloomband/...92257963823105

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got my ticket! It told me floor tickets were unavailable at first, so I bought a balcony ticket just to be safe. Then I kept trying and also got a floor ticket. So if anyone wants a balcony ticket, I'll have an extra! In fact, if anyone in L.A. has a couch I could crash on for a couple nights, the ticket is free!

    EDIT: ticket gone
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-17-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Posting Permissions