Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Isis

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Gettin' real tired of bands underestimating their sales and not producing enough units so they can later run big hype on reissues. Fuck offffffff

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Gettin' real tired of bands underestimating their sales and not producing enough units so they can later run big hype on reissues. Fuck offffffff
    They didn't underestimate anything. They've always released things in small quantities. The vinyl on their store was just the band exclusive version. You can order the regular version on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Live-VII-ISIS/dp/B01N6TVP51/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They didn't underestimate anything. They've always released things in small quantities. The vinyl on their store was just the band exclusive version. You can order the regular version on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Live-VII-ISIS/dp/B01N6TVP51/
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    man, that special edition cover, though...it was so gorgeous. i had no idea they were even planning on releasing more in the Live series...glad i'll finally have some live tracks from wavering radiant (unlike most ISIS fans, it's my favorite album). i'm usually more on top of releases from aaron turner, but i definitely dropped the ball on this.
    Yeah, that cover is pretty great. I think I got one of the last ones.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    For me Wavering Radiant is also their pinnacle. I've said this in other threads, but I really like bands that release their best (for me) album late in their careers. You have Isis, Garbage with Strange Little Birds, Deftones with Koi No Yokan, Foo Fighters with Wasting Light, Rammstein with Liebe ist für alle da.

My brother just sent me this Flickr album, with photos of the letter-pressing process of Live IV...amazing to see all the effort that goes behind these vinyl.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/interr...th/2347807744/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    A second benefit concert for the family of Caleb Scofield (of Cave In, Old Man Gloom, and Zozobra) was just announced. Note the names under Celestial. I might have to fly to LA for this.

https://twitter.com/oldmangloomband/...92257963823105

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Got my ticket! It told me floor tickets were unavailable at first, so I bought a balcony ticket just to be safe. Then I kept trying and also got a floor ticket. So if anyone wants a balcony ticket, I'll have an extra! In fact, if anyone in L.A. has a couch I could crash on for a couple nights, the ticket is free!

EDIT: ticket gone
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-17-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tomorrow I will be seeing Isis for the first time in 8 years. Can’t fucking wait!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tomorrow I will be seeing Isis for the first time in 8 years. Can’t fucking wait!
    The only time I ever saw them was in 2009. They were great and I'm sure they still are. They're not going by the name Isis anymore though, are they?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    The only time I ever saw them was in 2009. They were great and I'm sure they still are. They're not going by the name Isis anymore though, are they?
    They haven’t existed at all since 2010. They’re reuniting for one night only under the name Celestial.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    someone better capture the livestream audio of the Celestial performance

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hey whatever happened to Palms?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Hey whatever happened to Palms?
    I asked Aaron Harris and he tells me it all depends on Chino's schedule.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What a fucking night. Celestial/Isis sounded as good as ever. Never thought I’d get the chance to see them again. So glad it actually happened. I’ve now been awake for 24 hours, having flown out of Boston early Saturday morning. Now to get some sleep, then fly back to Boston later today!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The stream is on dime now, probably on YouTube soon too if not already.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Also kind of cool last night was walking right by Danny Carey in the bar area of the venue. Didn’t expect to see him there, but I guess it makes sense. Cool that he was hanging out front with all the fans rather than just back stage.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Wavering Radiant turned 10 on Sunday. Can't believe it's been that long. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have seen them again last year for the reunion. Wish they would reunite for good.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Wavering Radiant turned 10 on Sunday. Can't believe it's been that long. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have seen them again last year for the reunion. Wish they would reunite for good.
    Haha, and ironically I just posted this in the Tool thread without realising. Wow, 10 friggin years already?!

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...877#post455877

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    did their set get recorded and released in any way?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    did their set get recorded and released in any way?
    The entire show (including all of the bands) is available to watch from the livestream on YouTube. Proshot quality video and audio.

00:42 - "Harmonic Tremors" - Mini-Doc of the Boston show
    17:30 - 27
    44:25 - Excerpt from Old Man Gloom doc (2014)
    53:27 - Old Man Gloom
    1:48:48 - 3 concert clips featuring Caleb
    2:01:19 - Pelican
    2:43:47 - Excerpt from Blood, Sweat & Vinyl doc (2011)
    2:55:33 - Celestial (Isis)
    3:47:05 - "Harmonic Tremors" - Mini-Doc of the Boston show
    3:59:49 - Cave In *
    4:56:30 - Zozobra, with special guests5:21:38 - End Credits

*The stream fucks up at 4:43:08 near the end of Cave In's set, so if you want to watch the rest of that all the way through to the end of the show with the Zozobra set, switch to this video then

And yes, I can see myself in these videos
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 05-13-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Does anyone keep going back to In The Absence Of Truth and finding they love it more and more? I especially love the lore behind it.

I can never tell if 1,000 Shards or Garden Of Light makes me feel more enlightened.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have to admit that I don't listen to this album enough, probably due to the fact that it was released in between my 2 favorite ISIS records. Panopticon blew me away the first time I heard it and remains one of my favorite records to this day, and Wavering Radiant is equally as stellar. Not to take anything away from ITAOT, which is a very good record, just overshadowed by their best work...in my opinion.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I love Isis so much. I wish they'd get back together for real. But I don't think it'll ever happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I went to see Sumac 2 years ago, and it was good, but just not the same. I also miss ISIS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would, however, settle for another Palms record.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tried getting into Sumac. Not feeling it. Listening to Aaron grumble and bellow for an hour is not my thing. The weird thing is the guy actually showed he had a pretty good singing voice on albums like Panopticon and ITAOT. I guess he got tired of singing

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Does anyone keep going back to In The Absence Of Truth and finding they love it more and more? I especially love the lore behind it.

I can never tell if 1,000 Shards or Garden Of Light makes me feel more enlightened.
    that was the album that got me into them. it came out on ipecac so i just assumed it was gonna be good and i was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Tried getting into Sumac. Not feeling it. Listening to Aaron grumble and bellow for an hour is not my thing. The weird thing is the guy actually showed he had a pretty good singing voice on albums like Panopticon and ITAOT. I guess he got tired of singing
    yeah i do miss his singing voice. but he also has like a million projects. my favorite active one is Old Man Gloom (which i'll always prefer over sumac, despite being in love with brian cook).

if you want him singing, check out Jodis. james plotkin on guitar, there are some sparse drums, and aaron's voice is gorgeous. "black curtain" is my preferred of the two albums, but "secret house" is still quite good.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Greymachine collab he did w Justin Broadrick was pretty sick as well.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    if you want him singing, check out Jodis. james plotkin on guitar, there are some sparse drums, and aaron's voice is gorgeous. "black curtain" is my preferred of the two albums, but "secret house" is still quite good.
    I was unaware of Jodis. Thanks for mentioning them. I gave a quick listen on Bandcamp and definitely enjoyed what I heard.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    I was unaware of Jodis. Thanks for mentioning them. I gave a quick listen on Bandcamp and definitely enjoyed what I heard.
    i have both albums on vinyl but i couldn't help myself when the last remaining copies of the 2-cassette box was on sale so i got that too.