Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Get yourself a screwdriver, some q-tips, and rubbing alcohol. Open that bad boy up, and start cleaning contacts. Maybe it'll fix it, maybe it won't.
    Thanks, man

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    the local keyboard not working might be due to an internal global mode, @elevenism . MIDI language hasn't changed since its inception, we're still rooted in the same restrictions. One of the modal commands is to disable the local keyboard, or to set the local keyboard to distribute out to a different MIDI channel than the device is receiving on, so you could (hypothetically) use the local keyboard to control another device while you mess with the sequencer.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    @Jinsai and @Leviathant , i sure am glad i know you guys (online at least.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So a couple months ago i updated my os... well it rendered my old midi keyboard useless so I got an m-audio mtrack. love it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There was one legendary local synth group Oceán, peaking around 1991, I still have them in my heart, and I think their concert was the highlight of my life. On the podium, they had Yamaha DX-7 of course which I already have in SY-99, and Roland D-50, which... I will own soon, thanks to Roland D-05, yay! :-D
    https://www.roland.com/global/products/d-05/
    I resisted JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, SE-02, Behringer Deepmind 12... but this... I just gotta have one.
    Funny thing that yesterday after reading this I had pieces of Jarre Revolutions in my mind when walking outside, only to discover it was almost completely done on the D-50. :-)

Edit: Also, my first "album" was just Cubase on Atari 1040 STF, recorded to cassette tape live from Roland D-110, because I did not have a sound mixer, so of course I used also preset "Soundtrack", but D-110 while multi-timbral did not sound so good.
    Last edited by Substance242; 09-10-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was going to get a Prophet 08 PE since they're cheaper now but apparently DSI released the successor to it.