Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
Follow DellOutlet on Twitter, and wait until they announce a coupon, and then buy your computer from the Dell Outlet using that coupon code. It's usually 15% off the already discounted prices available there. It's easily the best bang for the buck, and so long as you don't delve too far away into weird territory (all-in-one PCs, small form-factor PCs), it's pretty hard to go wrong. I've only had two major Dell failures. One was the Dell Zino, which looked neat, but it burned up hard drives. I had them replace the HD three times under warranty. The other failure I had was with my current computer, which is a beast, but had a weird glitch in the BIOS that made it incompatible with the line of Nvidia video cards I wanted to use - in nearly any other BIOS, you can enable and disable the onboard video manually, but for whatever reason, the Nvidia card wasn't sending the right PCI signal to the motherboard, so it wasn't automatically disabling online video, and ... long story short, they removed functionality from the BIOS and I couldn't run three monitors off my computer until a similarly spec'd AMD card was released.

Other than that - I've been buying Dell Outlet laptops and desktops since 2002.
Much obliged.