Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Loop Closes (video)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Loop Closes (video)

the loop closes video seemingly debuts on a french fashion magazine page http://www.purple.fr/television/music/the-loop-closes

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

just posted the video on their tumblr & facebook feeds!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 01-10-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "Oh no! Not another glitch video!"

There. Now that that's out of the way, I really dug the video.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice, fits the song well. I actually really dig the glitchy VHS quality they're going for with their recent output.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    is it me, or does this version sound a little different from the original?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The beginning just reminds me of tumblr but I liked the end when they all start singing. The super close ups gave me Into the Void vibes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Way Out is Through, Into The Void, Nine Inch Nails, Trent Reznor, AWESOME!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think that they are watching the television and seeing the same images that we also see... I paused the vid for a moment (I'm @ work) and noticed the reflection of a powered on television screen in MQs eye. Ever hear "you are what you watch"? It's only after watching TV for a while that they start chanting "the beginning is the end..." Does the TV lead them or brainwash them into thinking this or are they thinking outside the box?

The "the presence" hand is really creepy to see - MQ is amazing

Thought provoking video... I don't know why but I tought of this while I was watching the video.
    Last edited by snaapz; 01-11-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    FUCK. That was cool. This band is impressing me more and more with every little thing they give us. It's interesting that the videos really don't do much in terms of setting up a visual narrative for the songs (concepts, certainly, but not so much narratives), but they really NAIL the new look and feel of HTDA. They're perfect for this band.

Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    is it me, or does this version sound a little different from the original?
    I can only tell after listening to the EP version a thousand times, heh, but I think it is, too. Hardly noticeable at all, though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not bad, I like the nature motifs, and their less natural parallels. The worst thing about it, as far as I'm concerned, is having to sit through The Loop Closes, which may be my least favourite release in Trent's entire oevre. It sits in the EP like a shit on a dinner table.
    But that's just me.

Putting my opinion of the song aside, I think the video fitted the character of the music fairly well, and I love that the art style is being kept uniform throughout. But I thought Robot32 did a better job of capturing and elevating the music with Keep It Together than either of the official videos have done.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Atticus is singing, what?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Cool video.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Did Rob direct this one? It's very much in his visual style, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    HTDA directed it. So, him with input by the other three really.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I thought it was great. I to spotted the "the presence", couldn't help but smile at the spiral staircase. I quite liked the shot of the cigarette burning, the burning ash looked good, LOL!

Great video, I enjoyed watching this, and I think out of the three releases this is my favourite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    think this may be Rob's best video/visuals to date. as a video for the song it works great. but it wasn't until i watched the HD version in full screen (on a big screen) as visuals to totally different music (in a dark room) until i was, like, WOW!!! i can play this on repeat as visuals for my next party! awesome strobe light effect.

generous of them to make the HD version available for download on vimeo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great video for one of the best songs on the EP. Also, Trent is looking surprisingly young. Younger every time I see him, in fact. I hope they do a small video for Speaking In Tongues, too. Another one of the better songs from the EP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Best video yet by far, love all the winks to past albums etc..

I hope Ice Age gets a download link added soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think this work of [mostly] rob is inspired by this [partly] work of trent:

and that creepy "the ring" video cassete, of course
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-15-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    i think this work of [mostly] rob is inspired by this [partly] work of trent:
    well, that video was directed by david fincher, right? as it's basically the opening credits of the film?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i guess ninwiki (and pitchfork) are spreading a little misinformation about this

in one of post-realease girl with a dragon tattoo fincher interviews he said (about trent) something like "he was very enthusiastic to do that music video" or something like that. unfortunately, i couldn`t find the proof link, but it engrained in my memory

the truth is - fincher didn`t directed opening credits for the film. there`s specially trained people for that

and if you turn the logic on taking into account all the above, fincher`s presumably being busy with the film realease and the CRT effect, i think it`s pretty obvious, that it`s not fincher, who`s responsible for immigrant`s song video
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i guess ninwiki (and pitchfork) are spreading a little misinformation about this

in one of post-realease girl with a dragon tattoo fincher interviews he said (about trent) something like "he was very enthusiastic to do that music video" or something like that. unfortunately, i couldn`t find the proof link, but it engrained in my memory

the truth is - fincher didn`t directed opening credits for the film. there`s specially trained people for that

and if you turn the logic on taking into account all the above, fincher`s presumably being busy with the film realease and the CRT effect, i think it`s pretty obvious, that it`s not fincher, who`s responsible for immigrant`s song video
    So if there are specially trained people for that and you turn the logic on... what makes you think Trent Reznor would even partly be responsible for creating the visuals for the opening of a $90 million Hollywood film? Isn't it more logical that, even if Fincher did use the words "music video," that he just meant the music? If I remember correctly, Fincher made a special request for the cover of this song specifically for the opening sequence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what makes you think Trent Reznor would even partly be responsible for creating the visuals for the opening of a $90 million Hollywood film?
    where i`d say that?

you`re confusing visuals for the opening with music video, which are not the same, if you look closely enough

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yes, they're the visuals from the opening credits, but who's to say that Fincher didn't "direct" where the focus should be? Remember, the video features closely cropped visuals from the credits. It's not that unlikely that Fincher guided the people in charge of making the video. Sure, he may not have directed it in the traditional sense, but who cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sure he guided: ‘CG, very adult, super dark, leather, skin, blood, snow, breasts, vaginas, needles, piercings, motorcycles, vengeance.’ (c)

but the music video isn`t just cropped, it`s cropped, alternatively edited and CRT-effected

so, you assert that music video was too made by the same people and under fincher`s guidance, only because it`s so like the opening sequence and pitchfork said so?
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-16-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    but the music video isn`t just cropped, it`s cropped, alternatively edited and CRT-effected

so, you assert that music video was too made by the same people and under fincher`s guidance, only because it`s so like the opening sequence and pitchfork said so?
    No, I'm saying that because he's credited with directing it. I don't see any reason for them to hide the fact that someone else did it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sure he guided: ‘CG, very adult, super dark, leather, skin, blood, snow, breasts, vaginas, needles, piercings, motorcycles, vengeance.’ (c)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    No, I'm saying that because he's credited with directing it. I don't see any reason for them to hide the fact that someone else did it.
    it's like when someone directs a movie...other people still work on it doing various things, but the director is still the director.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's like when someone directs a movie...other people still work on it doing various things, but the director is still the director.
    Exactly. I'm not saying Fincher did the whole thing by himself, but he technically directed it and is created as doing so. End of story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I thought it was great and fits the song perfectly.
    I didn't notice Rob actually in the video though - did I miss him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    No, I'm saying that because he's credited with directing it.
    where i can see him credited with directing it?
    Last edited by my voice just; 01-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.