Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59
Results 1,741 to 1,753 of 1753

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Look, the biggest problem with 10,000 Days is that it follows the Ænima and Lateralus periods of the band's career. You're talking about two of the best heavy prog albums of the past 20 years. Not to mention that Undertow is perhaps among the best alternative rock albums of the last 25 years. 10,000 Days was the state of mind of the band when it was recorded. I think that considering the circumstances of the band at the time, we're probably lucky the album turned out as good as it did. I think there was too much distraction in the Tool camp. You could argue there has been distraction in their camp their entire career. But definitely, it was amped around the mid-2000s period. However, what didn't really occur after the Lateralus tours was is a significant hiatus. Maynard was extremely occupied with getting his winery off the ground. Puscifer was starting to happen for him. A Perfect Circle had just toured their second album. And Tool had been on nearly four consecutive years of hugely successful world tours. All these factors combined, I think it's pretty goddamned impressive that 10,000 Days has exceptional music contained therein. Is it better than their previous work? No. Is it a great album? You damned right it is!

Speaking of hiatus. Since there has been quite a lengthy one, does that automatically mean that the next Tool album will be great? No. I do expect it to be good. But people take for granted the level of excellence they have achieved. Few bands can ride their we sold our souls to satan card into all the way into retirement. Who knows though. If you have Danny Carey in your band, any fucking thing is possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's shocking how many pages this thread is and how it's posted in repeatedly almost every day with zero real news at all.

Is there any chance at all of them ever repressing Aenima? They'd be practically printing money.
    That would be interesting... Packaged with a bottle of eye drops and a pair of arm length rubber gloves. The CD itself would be eye-shaped and unplayable in any disc player. Yours for $425.

First 250 orders get a special throw blanket made from 100% recycled Farmer's Almanacs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That would be interesting... Packaged with a bottle of eye drops and a pair of arm length rubber gloves. The CD itself would be eye-shaped and unplayable in any disc player. Yours for $425.

First 250 orders get a special throw blanket made from 100% recycled Farmer's Almanacs.
    I'd buy it.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Life-threatening band member illness, on top of everything else? WHAT A LAME EXCUSE. GET TO WORK YOU LAZY SHITHEADS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Life-threatening band member illness, on top of everything else? WHAT A LAME EXCUSE. GET TO WORK YOU LAZY SHITHEADS.
    Well that's a good excuse.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I want it to come out on the ten-year anniversary of 10,000 Days. Just to hammer it home.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I want it to come out on the ten-year anniversary of 10,000 Days. Just to hammer it home.
    This would be amazing. It would be like a great Christmas gift to the true hangers-on.

Seriously, though, Adam sounds optimistic and he's such a driving force that I'm glad to hear him being so positive. Especially his effusive praise of Maynard in the original Yahoo article.

I love Adam's comment about them getting older and a "different kind of flame" now. A lot of us have matured with the band and it'd be great to see that trend continue.

And I really don't care if I get labelled as an apologist or a fanatic or whatever. I'll take it as a compliment and move on. I've got my life to live but this little part of it sure is fun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Am I the only one who read that part of the story as "Justin was sick"? I mean...sure doesn't seem like Maynard has been battling anything, given how much he's done. Danny's been playing quite a bit. And if Adam was the one talking, I feel like he could have just said "I had a problem". Not that it's any of our business, though. Nice to hear that the lawsuit is over.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Could have been a family member of a band member. I'm not sure how likely that is given the verbiage. But, yes, that's how I read it too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wasn't it Adams wife???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cant believe they talk about the memes but didnt mention the best one. The Interstellar one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Wasn't it Adams wife???
    I think that's just called pregnancy.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)