Page 49 of 263 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Meh, that 10K days joke is almost as old as the album. Anyways, random hope thought...

With Trent saying touring will stop for awhile (maybe new NIN album in 2+ years??, he's already said plans are to make another and he's on a record label) I'm gonna need a Tool fix. Hopefully it'll be done by spring of 2015 with updated tour.

That should take care of any money problems they may have. I will say no matter what they put out will always be compared to Aenima or Lateralus- fair or unfair the new record will probably get blasted by fans no matter what comes out.

Im typing dumb shit now- over tired. Wutever.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Meh, that 10K days joke is almost as old as the album.
    ***slap***

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ***slap***

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Euuuuuuuu phoooooooooooo riiiiiiiiiiiiiiii aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Listening to that on my way to work. Fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    1:21 .. stir dat cauldron!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Cool news for any Primus fans in here: Danny Carey to play with Primus for a few shows in September. Wish these shows were closer to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll be at the Chicago shows. Gonna be SWEET!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like both bands for different reasons. That said, I'd vote for Tool. Nothing against Manson, I simply feel Tool's work by comparison is better. There are still days where I'll pass up Lateralus for Mechanical Animals (my favorite albums by both artists). It just depends on my mood.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The only thing either band has in common is that they had their peak in popularity in the 90's. Other than that I really don't see what sort of comparison you possibly give; musically, lyrically, presentation-wise, live performances, they're all worlds apart.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The only thing either band has in common is that they had their peak in popularity in the 90's. .

I think you're selling Tool a bit short on that one. They weren't doing full arena tours until after/for Lateralus (2001), and that album is considered their artistic peak. Granted an unscientific poll will usually be about 50/50 split between Aenima and Lateralus.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think you're selling Tool a bit short on that one. They weren't doing full arena tours until after/for Lateralus (2001), and that album is considered their artistic peak. Granted an unscientific poll will usually be about 50/50 split between Aenima and Lateralus.
    I wasn't trying to come across that way, sorry if I did! Tool isn't my all-time favorite by any means, but I definitely am a fan of their work. They're definitely a lot more popular/relevant than Manson is now as far as I can tell, but nevertheless both acts would be lumped in together as a part of the same timeframe overall, and it's the only similarity I can really find as to why they'd get compared.

I guess you could say Twiggy is a common factor but even that is via a side project that only one member from Tool is involved in anyway.

Also, neither of those songs are even remotely over-lapping or similar. Length, subject matter, sound-wise, etc. Who comes up with these?
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 09-23-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I wasn't trying to come across that way, sorry if I did! Tool isn't my all-time favorite by any means, but I definitely am a fan of their work. They're definitely a lot more popular/relevant than Manson is now as far as I can tell, but nevertheless both acts would be lumped in together as a part of the same timeframe overall, and it's the only similarity I can really find as to why they'd get compared.
    I guess you could say Twiggy is a common factor but even that is via a side project that only one member from Tool is involved in ?
    Heh, wasn't trying to come across as an ass- wasn't my intention and sorry if my reply seemed that way. But yeah, Tool isn't a "90's" act by any means even though it seems like that was the last decade they released any material. :/

Twiggy was in A Perfect Circle for awhile.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think they intentionally named the last record 10,000 Days because that is literally how long between that album and the next they planned on waiting to release a new one.
    I can't believe that I missed this one. I had a hunch that somebody would eventually say that. 2033 or bust. That would also be right on schedule for Undertow's 40th anniversary.

I guess you could say Twiggy is a common factor but even that is via a side project that only one member from Tool is involved in anyway.

Also, neither of those songs are even remotely over-lapping or similar. Length, subject matter, sound-wise, etc. Who comes up with these?
    It seems like a Chad Childers from Loudwire.com did it.

http://loudwire.com/author/chadchilders/

I'm not sure if it's always the same person, but it actually shows who does it for every poll. (And it seems to have been him all along.) And as different as Tool and Marilyn Manson are, perhaps they would've been far better off making the polls on the bands as a whole as opposed to comparing individual songs.

Heh, wasn't trying to come across as an ass- wasn't my intention and sorry if my reply seemed that way. But yeah, Tool isn't a "90's" act by any means even though it seems like that was the last decade they released any material. :/

I was also thinking about this ever since I got into Tool and bought all 4 albums. Even though Undertow and Ænima are well into the 1990s, things didn't seem to really pick up for Tool until until Ænima, and that was only around late 1996 and 1997-1998, and the peak still continued with Lateralus which was well into the 2000s. I'm also still new to Tool, so I had no idea that they weren't doing full arena tours in the Ænima era, but I definitely saw what you've meant once you've pointed that out.

And well, I still voted for Tool.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-25-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Had a dream recently where Adam announced there wouldn't be a new album until 2018 because they ran out of staples...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Had a dream recently where Adam announced there wouldn't be a new album until 2018 because they ran out of staples...
    Had a thought the other day. The band goes to trial next year, it gets delayed or some nonsense, sees the lost of money for lawyers. Decides to do another mini tour to compensate the lost of money.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Isn't that literally what's been happening?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It seems like it. The last several tours have more or less lasted a month each time and the way Adam states on how the trial gets delayed for whatever reason it would kind of make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if what I wrote does happen next year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm willing to bet that the trial will end up delaying the album, indefinitely. Especially if it drags on, which is what's going on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, they are mixing/recording now. Adam Jones posted a picture recently of that happening (maybe 3 days ago).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ahhh nice!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Well, they are mixing/recording now. Adam Jones posted a picture recently of that happening (maybe 3 days ago).

Where did you see that?...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Where did you see that?...
    The picture (found on Adam's Instagram) was that of a Midas Pro2C digital console. Usually used in live/tour settings, like you guys know AJ played with Palms' last week, so that was Palms' touring console. Tool are not mixing/recording right now, carry on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    The picture (found on Adam's Instagram) was that of a Midas Pro2C digital console. Usually used in live/tour settings, like you guys know AJ played with Palms' last week, so that was Palms' touring console. Tool are not mixing/recording right now, carry on.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Obviously illiterate in that aspect.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to about it being via a side project. It might not be the most popular thing in this thread to say but I personally prefer APC to Tool, so don't take me calling it a side project the wrong way, you get what I'm saying.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to about it being via a side project. It might not be the most popular thing in this thread to say but I personally prefer APC to Tool, so don't take me calling it a side project the wrong way, you get what I'm saying.
    No, I actually fucked up your quote- when I edited it I didn't delete the ? mark and thought you were asking a question.

Obviously you know the answer so ignore my Twiggy comment. :P

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It occurred to me the other day that there could be an injunction barring the band from releasing new material while the suit is ongoing.

Or they may be avoiding it depending when their relationship with the insurance company was terminated.

If the band loses, royalties or a share of profits from existing material might be part of the deal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Found this interview with Maynard today. It's from 2001 but it's still an interesting read.

http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm