Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 1,471 to 1,483 of 1483

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to about it being via a side project. It might not be the most popular thing in this thread to say but I personally prefer APC to Tool, so don't take me calling it a side project the wrong way, you get what I'm saying.
    No, I actually fucked up your quote- when I edited it I didn't delete the ? mark and thought you were asking a question.

Obviously you know the answer so ignore my Twiggy comment. :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It occurred to me the other day that there could be an injunction barring the band from releasing new material while the suit is ongoing.

Or they may be avoiding it depending when their relationship with the insurance company was terminated.

If the band loses, royalties or a share of profits from existing material might be part of the deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Found this interview with Maynard today. It's from 2001 but it's still an interesting read.

http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Found this interview with Maynard today. It's from 2001 but it's still an interesting read.

Wow.

I totally remember reading this from this exact page in 2002 or 2003. Back then, Tool had all the attention I could give to something. 15 years-old, I wanna say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Wow.

I totally remember reading this from this exact page in 2002 or 2003. Back then, Tool had all the attention I could give to something. 15 years-old, I wanna say.
    I always wondered if one of them ever spoke out about spirituality or philosophy and such, but for some reason never googled 'tool + spirituality' until today. Obligate 'I was not disappointed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Tool

Man, I remember reading that when I was, like, 16 or maybe a little younger.

The power of thought that permeates the music of the band is staggering. Although, I wonder how much of that has changed over the decade and a quarter since that interview. I'm enamored with MayMay's recent philosophy that life is too short not to be creating and sharing. I presume there's a sort of sense of legacy that only time brings.

Edit: I'm really impressed by the references to Caiphus and Ananus w/r/t Jesus and the temple. The "historical Jesus" has become a recent academic passion of mine and it's fascinating to hear it used in that context.
    Last edited by gerbil; 09-29-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post

dude definitely needed to hear the explanation about "Reflection" — he spent the vast majority of the interview prior to that question spouting philosophy merit badges like they were his alone! (realizing, of course, this is because he is a lecturer, and talks like this to his students every day of every semester... which is why i'm very glad i finished university and no longer need to fall asleep to the monotone philosophy lecturing voice.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This, on the other hand, is a more hopeful Instagram post by Adam: http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/10/smoke-on-the-horizon/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    This, on the other hand, is a more hopeful Instagram post by Adam: http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/10/smoke-on-the-horizon/
    And note Maynard's "Prove it" response. Yeah, all's well in TooLand. :/

Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hate to be a leech, but does anyone have the Undertow outtakes? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just got em off zomb along with the Ænema demos a couple months ago.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Just got em off zomb along with the Ænema demos a couple months ago.
    Thanks. I found out. Looks like I've only got two seeds, though. This is gonna take awhile.