Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82
Results 2,431 to 2,443 of 2443

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Same. The tool playlist on the ipod in my car is down to a pretty streamlined tracklisting, and Vicarious and Jambi are the only 10KD tracks even on it.
    Right In Two might be my favorite Tool song... always felt like the mix on the album version was a bit weird though, especially with the vocals at the end. It's great live.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How can you have Right in Two without Intension?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Orlando last night and found my seat five minutes before Tool took the stage. I missed Primus and 3Teeth but I honestly couldn't care less. I was there for Tool, and they didn't disappoint. No Quarter is a phenomenal cover and the place went crazy when they played The Grudge. They played extended versions of Opiate (favorite track of the night) and Stinkfist, and it added to songs that I felt were already perfect as they were. Maynard seemed more into it this time around. In 2012 there wasn't much movement from him. He came on stage, he sang, and he left the moment after they closed with Aenima. Here he came out of the shadows a bit, moved around, saw him headbang near Danny's drum set, and bowed to the audience and to the other band members before leaving the stage.

The band was on point and ripped through a two hour set. Danny Carey did a drum solo after the intermission that was another highlight of the night. I don't think he's a human being. The way he plays is like witnessing a work of fucking art. It was cool to hear a new piece of music as well. Hearing Descending on Youtube doesn't do it justice (when does hearing anything from a live band on Youtube do the performance justice?) and it's a cool little piece of music. As I recall, Adam Jones mentioned in an interview a few months ago that it was a 'trailer' to the actual song. I'm paraphrasing. And whenever the song is released, or the new album, I look forward to hearing the complete product.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Orlando last night and found my seat five minutes before Tool took the stage.
    Did they have the side screens/drapes in Orlando? They were missing from the Charlotte show and was wondering if they dropped them from the tour for some reason, or most likely they didn't fit the venue or maybe need maintenance (something broke in transit?). Decided the other night to take advantage of low ticket prices and airfare and go to NOLA show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Did they have the side screens/drapes in Orlando? They were missing from the Charlotte show and was wondering if they dropped them from the tour for some reason, or most likely they didn't fit the venue or maybe need maintenance (something broke in transit?). Decided the other night to take advantage of low ticket prices and airfare and go to NOLA show.
    They had them. I believe they came down during Parabol/Parabola. By all means if you can afford to go, then go! I'm contemplating going to the Pensacola show tomorrow night as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Check out this utter fuckup around 1:31:30 and Maynard's reaction: https://soundcloud.com/univonc/20160...e-nc-bojangles

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Check out this utter fuckup around 1:31:30 and Maynard's reaction: https://soundcloud.com/univonc/20160...e-nc-bojangles
    Yeah. He's pissed at himself for fucking up the tribute to the soldier.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Yeah. He's pissed at himself for fucking up the tribute to the soldier.
    But, wasn't Danny the one who got entirely off track? He says "What the fuck are we doing guys?" and people who were there said all three of them turned to look at Danny like 'wtf.' Danny fucked up and just kept going and eventually got back into the groove.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    But, wasn't Danny the one who got entirely off track? He says "What the fuck are we doing guys?" and people who were there said all three of them turned to look at Danny like 'wtf.' Danny fucked up and just kept going and eventually got back into the groove.
    that was sort of amazing

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Tool

You're probably totally right and I'm missing it.

EDIT:

Oh, man. That was epic. Danny fucked that up hugely. Maynard has actually become less of a prima donna about mistakes, though.
    Last edited by gerbil; 01-30-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think it's sort of neat. Just makes it that much more impressive to me as a total non-musician that these guys aren't actually robots and they're actually playing these songs live. Kinda hard to explain.

It's just unfortunate that they screwed up that specific song on that specific night.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    Sorry to double-post but I also wanted to add:

The house speakers died during the beginning of Danny's solo, but you could still hear him pounding away through the entire arena. It almost added for the experience. I admit that I shot a few dirty looks at the sound crew during the ordeal, but I also couldn't help but laugh in familiarity. Watching the staff scramble to fix things and Danny persevering through it all was beyond entertaining.

That on top of Les & Maynard both rambling during both of their sets with positive energy, it all made for a very exciting & humbling experience
    Just a point of semantics - the speakers didn't die. Those things are goddamn tough, and if they'd died, the show would have been over. Really hard to say what it might have been just from listening to the recording - there aren't a whole lot of points of failure that could take out the entire system and be fixed in a matter of only a minute. But the entire crowd should be thanking their asses that the band hired a top notch sound crew - plenty of other shows would have been finished for the night after that happened. These guys located, diagnosed, and fixed the problem in literally about sixty seconds and all while the artist and crowd are making noise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think it's sort of neat. Just makes it that much more impressive to me as a total non-musician that these guys aren't actually robots and they're actually playing these songs live. Kinda hard to explain.

It's just unfortunate that they screwed up that specific song on that specific night.
    I've seen them fuck up Rosetta Stoned and it's usually the whole band skipping a middle section.

Also, I hope a decent audio recording comes out of the show so someone can do a proper IEM/crowd matrix.