Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2504

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Same. The tool playlist on the ipod in my car is down to a pretty streamlined tracklisting, and Vicarious and Jambi are the only 10KD tracks even on it.
    Right In Two might be my favorite Tool song... always felt like the mix on the album version was a bit weird though, especially with the vocals at the end. It's great live.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    How can you have Right in Two without Intension?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Orlando last night and found my seat five minutes before Tool took the stage. I missed Primus and 3Teeth but I honestly couldn't care less. I was there for Tool, and they didn't disappoint. No Quarter is a phenomenal cover and the place went crazy when they played The Grudge. They played extended versions of Opiate (favorite track of the night) and Stinkfist, and it added to songs that I felt were already perfect as they were. Maynard seemed more into it this time around. In 2012 there wasn't much movement from him. He came on stage, he sang, and he left the moment after they closed with Aenima. Here he came out of the shadows a bit, moved around, saw him headbang near Danny's drum set, and bowed to the audience and to the other band members before leaving the stage.

The band was on point and ripped through a two hour set. Danny Carey did a drum solo after the intermission that was another highlight of the night. I don't think he's a human being. The way he plays is like witnessing a work of fucking art. It was cool to hear a new piece of music as well. Hearing Descending on Youtube doesn't do it justice (when does hearing anything from a live band on Youtube do the performance justice?) and it's a cool little piece of music. As I recall, Adam Jones mentioned in an interview a few months ago that it was a 'trailer' to the actual song. I'm paraphrasing. And whenever the song is released, or the new album, I look forward to hearing the complete product.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Orlando last night and found my seat five minutes before Tool took the stage.
    Did they have the side screens/drapes in Orlando? They were missing from the Charlotte show and was wondering if they dropped them from the tour for some reason, or most likely they didn't fit the venue or maybe need maintenance (something broke in transit?). Decided the other night to take advantage of low ticket prices and airfare and go to NOLA show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Did they have the side screens/drapes in Orlando? They were missing from the Charlotte show and was wondering if they dropped them from the tour for some reason, or most likely they didn't fit the venue or maybe need maintenance (something broke in transit?). Decided the other night to take advantage of low ticket prices and airfare and go to NOLA show.
    They had them. I believe they came down during Parabol/Parabola. By all means if you can afford to go, then go! I'm contemplating going to the Pensacola show tomorrow night as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Check out this utter fuckup around 1:31:30 and Maynard's reaction: https://soundcloud.com/univonc/20160...e-nc-bojangles

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Check out this utter fuckup around 1:31:30 and Maynard's reaction: https://soundcloud.com/univonc/20160...e-nc-bojangles
    Yeah. He's pissed at himself for fucking up the tribute to the soldier.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Yeah. He's pissed at himself for fucking up the tribute to the soldier.
    But, wasn't Danny the one who got entirely off track? He says "What the fuck are we doing guys?" and people who were there said all three of them turned to look at Danny like 'wtf.' Danny fucked up and just kept going and eventually got back into the groove.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    But, wasn't Danny the one who got entirely off track? He says "What the fuck are we doing guys?" and people who were there said all three of them turned to look at Danny like 'wtf.' Danny fucked up and just kept going and eventually got back into the groove.
    that was sort of amazing

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Tool

You're probably totally right and I'm missing it.

EDIT:

Oh, man. That was epic. Danny fucked that up hugely. Maynard has actually become less of a prima donna about mistakes, though.
    Last edited by gerbil; 01-29-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think it's sort of neat. Just makes it that much more impressive to me as a total non-musician that these guys aren't actually robots and they're actually playing these songs live. Kinda hard to explain.

It's just unfortunate that they screwed up that specific song on that specific night.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    Sorry to double-post but I also wanted to add:

The house speakers died during the beginning of Danny's solo, but you could still hear him pounding away through the entire arena. It almost added for the experience. I admit that I shot a few dirty looks at the sound crew during the ordeal, but I also couldn't help but laugh in familiarity. Watching the staff scramble to fix things and Danny persevering through it all was beyond entertaining.

That on top of Les & Maynard both rambling during both of their sets with positive energy, it all made for a very exciting & humbling experience
    Just a point of semantics - the speakers didn't die. Those things are goddamn tough, and if they'd died, the show would have been over. Really hard to say what it might have been just from listening to the recording - there aren't a whole lot of points of failure that could take out the entire system and be fixed in a matter of only a minute. But the entire crowd should be thanking their asses that the band hired a top notch sound crew - plenty of other shows would have been finished for the night after that happened. These guys located, diagnosed, and fixed the problem in literally about sixty seconds and all while the artist and crowd are making noise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think it's sort of neat. Just makes it that much more impressive to me as a total non-musician that these guys aren't actually robots and they're actually playing these songs live. Kinda hard to explain.

It's just unfortunate that they screwed up that specific song on that specific night.
    I've seen them fuck up Rosetta Stoned and it's usually the whole band skipping a middle section.

Also, I hope a decent audio recording comes out of the show so someone can do a proper IEM/crowd matrix.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the most recent cover Tool has debuted live? I'm hard-pressed to think of one since like fucking You Lied or Demon Cleaner era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That IEM recording of the Charlotte show is awesome! I was at that show. First time seeing Tool and it was a great show. I think the guy who made that recording has done shows in the past. There is an IEM of the last NIN show in Charlotte and the last Muse show in Charlotte too.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the most recent cover Tool has debuted live? I'm hard-pressed to think of one since like fucking You Lied or Demon Cleaner era.
    "Commando." Lateralus tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the most recent cover Tool has debuted live? I'm hard-pressed to think of one since like fucking You Lied
    or Demon Cleaner era.
    "You Lied" and "Orion" in 2011.
    "Some Days It's Dark" and "Holiday in Cambodia" in 2007.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    B'boom by King Crimson, if you want to count it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    That IEM recording of the Charlotte show is awesome! I was at that show. First time seeing Tool and it was a great show. I think the guy who made that recording has done shows in the past. There is an IEM of the last NIN show in Charlotte and the last Muse show in Charlotte too.
    I only just saw this post, and it led me down a rabbit hole that showed that there was also a mix of a Puscifer show. Anyone happen to have that one or know where I might be able to find it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I only just saw this post, and it led me down a rabbit hole that showed that there was also a mix of a Puscifer show. Anyone happen to have that one or know where I might be able to find it?
    I would, er, uh, like to have this information as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    He also did a great IEM recording of the 2012 Tool Charlotte show. This guy is a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Holy shit, this!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Im done beating around the bush guys, Tool sucks. What a waste of time. I mean, as a fan, im entitled, to a new record.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Im done beating around the bush guys, Tool sucks. What a waste of time. I mean, as a fan, im entitled, to a new record.
    Then let me just say I look forward to you not shitting up this thread.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Then let me just say I look forward to you not shitting up this thread.
    Hey I defended Tool for years, but as they say... "if you cant beat em, join em"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Interestingly enough, the official Tool FB page JUST posted an event. A concert in Toronto on April 29th...at a place I've been to before. That is literally a small fucking bar. People posting replies have found the promoter's page for it and it's seemingly a tribute band show....but it's on the official FB page. Too early for April Fool's? That place would erupt.

edit: it appears it's the Bandsintown app on the fritz.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Interestingly enough, the official Tool FB page JUST posted an event. A concert in Toronto on April 29th...at a place I've been to before. That is literally a small fucking bar. People posting replies have found the promoter's page for it and it's seemingly a tribute band show....but it's on the official FB page. Too early for April Fool's? That place would erupt.

edit: it appears it's the Bandsintown app on the fritz.
    LOL Facebook/Bandsintown/Tool's social media (mis)management clusterfuck. @Morad and I went there for drinks after the last Tool show in Toronto. Maybe 75 fans would get in to see such a show, maximum. Did have me going for a nanosecond, though...
    Last edited by botley; 03-16-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    LOL Facebook/Bandsintown/Tool's social media (mis)management clusterfuck. @Aghamorad and I went there for drinks after the last Tool show in Toronto. Maybe 75 fans would get in to see such a show, maximum. Did have me going for a nanosecond, though...
    I think the giveaway for me was checking Puscifer's tour dates for the nights before and after:

4/28 - Albuquerque, NM
    4/30 - Tucson, AZ

"Yeah, that'd be doable." Haha...

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    At least we got $200 blankets made out of used shirts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I think the giveaway for me was checking Puscifer's tour dates for the nights before and after:

4/28 - Albuquerque, NM
    4/30 - Tucson, AZ

"Yeah, that'd be doable." Haha...
    Perfectly doable. MJK is literally the only person that would have to move. Fly, show, fly. Happens all the time in this business but with even more people and gear involved.

(This is in no way an endorsement of there being any likelihood whatsoever of Tool playing in a bar in Toronto. They aren't. Just pointing out that IF they did decide to do that, it wouldn't be terribly difficult. Moderately inconvenient for one person, yes, but that's about it.)