Page 81 of 263 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    Shot in the dark, but is there anyone here trying to sell a ticket to the Orlando show?
    Im not sure how much longer they're going to be up for, but keep checking Stubhub. The prices are dropping. Think they started out at $300 this afternoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Im not sure how much longer they're going to be up for, but keep checking Stubhub. The prices are dropping. Think they started out at $300 this afternoon.
    It goes all the way to show time. I sold mine for $59 at 6:30 as I was still 3 hours from KC. I saw front floor sections going for $90 by 7PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    “Adam talked a lot about the process they were going through on the new album. No one asked about the progress, so I can’t tell you what the status of that was.

What I did find very telling, however, was him talking about the progress they’ve made on producing the two music videos. It came out of him talking about using CGI vs stop motion work in Hollywood and his time as a visual effects artist. This made me believe they are very far along in their work on the album.”

He added, “He said two music videos that they were on the hook from the record company for, complained they only get an advance on the video and would likely lose money as it would be all over Youtube and Vimeo and not get traditional revenue, and talked about different options for making money back.”
    LoL it's shit like this that makes me so disgustipated with Tool in the modern age. Twenty years ago when I was a hardcore fan of these guys, I never thought I'd see the day where they were so completely out of touch with reality.

These guys are making an average of $700,000 a show, have NOTHING as far as new music is concerned in the past decade, and Adam is bitching that his music videos are going to lose money and he needs to find a way to make more? He said this to a guy that just paid $500 to talk to him, I might add.

How the fuck does AJ think music videos get played these days? Maybe if you actually released an album every three to five years like every other band on the planet, you'd be in step with how the music industry works these days. I guess making a short film or a studio documentary of the making of this alleged new album and then releasing it as a limited edition package on your website was too much of a brainstorm for them.

I'm so over this band, it's ridiculous. Tool haven't done anything groundbreaking or original in 20 years and this new record is most likely going to be some meandering, phoned-in joke that won't come close to justifying it's Chinese Democracy-like gestation period.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    LoL it's shit like this that makes me so disgustipated with Tool in the modern age. Twenty years ago when I was a hardcore fan of these guys, I never thought I'd see the day where they were so completely out of touch with reality.

These guys are making an average of $700,000 a show, have NOTHING as far as new music is concerned in the past decade, and Adam is bitching that his music videos are going to lose money and he needs to find a way to make more? He said this to a guy that just paid $500 to talk to him, I might add.

How the fuck does AJ think music videos get played these days? Maybe if you actually released an album every three to five years like every other band on the planet, you'd be in step with how the music industry works these days. I guess making a short film or a studio documentary of the making of this alleged new album and then releasing it as a limited edition package on your website was too much of a brainstorm for them.

I'm so over this band, it's ridiculous. Tool haven't done anything groundbreaking or original in 20 years and this new record is most likely going to be some meandering, phoned-in joke that won't come close to justifying it's Chinese Democracy-like gestation period.

I hope they put something as groundbreaking as Viginti Tres on the next one.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I hope they put something as groundbreaking as Viginti Tres on the next one.
    Aside from Jambi, Vicarious and Rosetta Stoned, I can't even remember what the songs on 10KD sound like, it's been so long since I bothered listening to it..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Aside from Jambi, Vicarious and Rosetta Stoned, I can't even remember what the songs on 10KD sound like, it's been so long since I bothered listening to it..
    Same. The tool playlist on the ipod in my car is down to a pretty streamlined tracklisting, and Vicarious and Jambi are the only 10KD tracks even on it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I listen to 10k Days along with the other albums all the time...

Look, people here enjoy the music. Don't see them if you don't want to. If you feel locked into just one band, you're doing it wrong.

People in this very thread are posting about how much they enjoyed seeing Tool live. So, I'll quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    This is pretty much spot on. Regardless of allllllll the rest. People don't go see Jethro Tull breathlessly anticipating their next album. They go because they like the music and they put on a killer show.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Same. The tool playlist on the ipod in my car is down to a pretty streamlined tracklisting, and Vicarious and Jambi are the only 10KD tracks even on it.
    Right In Two might be my favorite Tool song... always felt like the mix on the album version was a bit weird though, especially with the vocals at the end. It's great live.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    How can you have Right in Two without Intension?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Orlando last night and found my seat five minutes before Tool took the stage. I missed Primus and 3Teeth but I honestly couldn't care less. I was there for Tool, and they didn't disappoint. No Quarter is a phenomenal cover and the place went crazy when they played The Grudge. They played extended versions of Opiate (favorite track of the night) and Stinkfist, and it added to songs that I felt were already perfect as they were. Maynard seemed more into it this time around. In 2012 there wasn't much movement from him. He came on stage, he sang, and he left the moment after they closed with Aenima. Here he came out of the shadows a bit, moved around, saw him headbang near Danny's drum set, and bowed to the audience and to the other band members before leaving the stage.

The band was on point and ripped through a two hour set. Danny Carey did a drum solo after the intermission that was another highlight of the night. I don't think he's a human being. The way he plays is like witnessing a work of fucking art. It was cool to hear a new piece of music as well. Hearing Descending on Youtube doesn't do it justice (when does hearing anything from a live band on Youtube do the performance justice?) and it's a cool little piece of music. As I recall, Adam Jones mentioned in an interview a few months ago that it was a 'trailer' to the actual song. I'm paraphrasing. And whenever the song is released, or the new album, I look forward to hearing the complete product.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a ticket to Orlando last night and found my seat five minutes before Tool took the stage.
    Did they have the side screens/drapes in Orlando? They were missing from the Charlotte show and was wondering if they dropped them from the tour for some reason, or most likely they didn't fit the venue or maybe need maintenance (something broke in transit?). Decided the other night to take advantage of low ticket prices and airfare and go to NOLA show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Did they have the side screens/drapes in Orlando? They were missing from the Charlotte show and was wondering if they dropped them from the tour for some reason, or most likely they didn't fit the venue or maybe need maintenance (something broke in transit?). Decided the other night to take advantage of low ticket prices and airfare and go to NOLA show.
    They had them. I believe they came down during Parabol/Parabola. By all means if you can afford to go, then go! I'm contemplating going to the Pensacola show tomorrow night as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Check out this utter fuckup around 1:31:30 and Maynard's reaction: https://soundcloud.com/univonc/20160...e-nc-bojangles

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Check out this utter fuckup around 1:31:30 and Maynard's reaction: https://soundcloud.com/univonc/20160...e-nc-bojangles
    Yeah. He's pissed at himself for fucking up the tribute to the soldier.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Yeah. He's pissed at himself for fucking up the tribute to the soldier.
    But, wasn't Danny the one who got entirely off track? He says "What the fuck are we doing guys?" and people who were there said all three of them turned to look at Danny like 'wtf.' Danny fucked up and just kept going and eventually got back into the groove.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    But, wasn't Danny the one who got entirely off track? He says "What the fuck are we doing guys?" and people who were there said all three of them turned to look at Danny like 'wtf.' Danny fucked up and just kept going and eventually got back into the groove.
    that was sort of amazing

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

You're probably totally right and I'm missing it.

EDIT:

Oh, man. That was epic. Danny fucked that up hugely. Maynard has actually become less of a prima donna about mistakes, though.
    Last edited by gerbil; 01-29-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I think it's sort of neat. Just makes it that much more impressive to me as a total non-musician that these guys aren't actually robots and they're actually playing these songs live. Kinda hard to explain.

It's just unfortunate that they screwed up that specific song on that specific night.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    Sorry to double-post but I also wanted to add:

The house speakers died during the beginning of Danny's solo, but you could still hear him pounding away through the entire arena. It almost added for the experience. I admit that I shot a few dirty looks at the sound crew during the ordeal, but I also couldn't help but laugh in familiarity. Watching the staff scramble to fix things and Danny persevering through it all was beyond entertaining.

That on top of Les & Maynard both rambling during both of their sets with positive energy, it all made for a very exciting & humbling experience
    Just a point of semantics - the speakers didn't die. Those things are goddamn tough, and if they'd died, the show would have been over. Really hard to say what it might have been just from listening to the recording - there aren't a whole lot of points of failure that could take out the entire system and be fixed in a matter of only a minute. But the entire crowd should be thanking their asses that the band hired a top notch sound crew - plenty of other shows would have been finished for the night after that happened. These guys located, diagnosed, and fixed the problem in literally about sixty seconds and all while the artist and crowd are making noise.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think it's sort of neat. Just makes it that much more impressive to me as a total non-musician that these guys aren't actually robots and they're actually playing these songs live. Kinda hard to explain.

It's just unfortunate that they screwed up that specific song on that specific night.
    I've seen them fuck up Rosetta Stoned and it's usually the whole band skipping a middle section.

Also, I hope a decent audio recording comes out of the show so someone can do a proper IEM/crowd matrix.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the most recent cover Tool has debuted live? I'm hard-pressed to think of one since like fucking You Lied or Demon Cleaner era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That IEM recording of the Charlotte show is awesome! I was at that show. First time seeing Tool and it was a great show. I think the guy who made that recording has done shows in the past. There is an IEM of the last NIN show in Charlotte and the last Muse show in Charlotte too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the most recent cover Tool has debuted live? I'm hard-pressed to think of one since like fucking You Lied or Demon Cleaner era.
    "Commando." Lateralus tour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the most recent cover Tool has debuted live? I'm hard-pressed to think of one since like fucking You Lied
    or Demon Cleaner era.
    "You Lied" and "Orion" in 2011.
    "Some Days It's Dark" and "Holiday in Cambodia" in 2007.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    B'boom by King Crimson, if you want to count it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    That IEM recording of the Charlotte show is awesome! I was at that show. First time seeing Tool and it was a great show. I think the guy who made that recording has done shows in the past. There is an IEM of the last NIN show in Charlotte and the last Muse show in Charlotte too.
    I only just saw this post, and it led me down a rabbit hole that showed that there was also a mix of a Puscifer show. Anyone happen to have that one or know where I might be able to find it?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I only just saw this post, and it led me down a rabbit hole that showed that there was also a mix of a Puscifer show. Anyone happen to have that one or know where I might be able to find it?
    I would, er, uh, like to have this information as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    He also did a great IEM recording of the 2012 Tool Charlotte show. This guy is a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Holy shit, this!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Im done beating around the bush guys, Tool sucks. What a waste of time. I mean, as a fan, im entitled, to a new record.