Page 50 of 263 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Found this interview with Maynard today. It's from 2001 but it's still an interesting read.

http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm
    Wow.

I totally remember reading this from this exact page in 2002 or 2003. Back then, Tool had all the attention I could give to something. 15 years-old, I wanna say.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Wow.

I totally remember reading this from this exact page in 2002 or 2003. Back then, Tool had all the attention I could give to something. 15 years-old, I wanna say.
    I always wondered if one of them ever spoke out about spirituality or philosophy and such, but for some reason never googled 'tool + spirituality' until today. Obligate 'I was not disappointed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Man, I remember reading that when I was, like, 16 or maybe a little younger.

The power of thought that permeates the music of the band is staggering. Although, I wonder how much of that has changed over the decade and a quarter since that interview. I'm enamored with MayMay's recent philosophy that life is too short not to be creating and sharing. I presume there's a sort of sense of legacy that only time brings.

Edit: I'm really impressed by the references to Caiphus and Ananus w/r/t Jesus and the temple. The "historical Jesus" has become a recent academic passion of mine and it's fascinating to hear it used in that context.
    Last edited by gerbil; 09-29-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Found this interview with Maynard today. It's from 2001 but it's still an interesting read.

http://cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm
    dude definitely needed to hear the explanation about "Reflection" — he spent the vast majority of the interview prior to that question spouting philosophy merit badges like they were his alone! (realizing, of course, this is because he is a lecturer, and talks like this to his students every day of every semester... which is why i'm very glad i finished university and no longer need to fall asleep to the monotone philosophy lecturing voice.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This, on the other hand, is a more hopeful Instagram post by Adam: http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/10/smoke-on-the-horizon/

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    This, on the other hand, is a more hopeful Instagram post by Adam: http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/10/smoke-on-the-horizon/
    And note Maynard's "Prove it" response. Yeah, all's well in TooLand. :/

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate to be a leech, but does anyone have the Undertow outtakes? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got em off zomb along with the Ænema demos a couple months ago.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Just got em off zomb along with the Ænema demos a couple months ago.
    Thanks. I found out. Looks like I've only got two seeds, though. This is gonna take awhile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    'Smoke on the horizon'

http://instagram.com/p/uhvWM8q3IL/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    'Smoke on the horizon'

3 more years at least.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    'Smoke on the horizon'

They keep using this phrase. Is Tool recording a cover of The Cult?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hope so!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Probably just a b-side to The Pot single!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Actually, I'm just encouraged that they're doing something and spending some time together. I would love a Salival II release. In the past, I'd assumed it was MayJay holding off on a live release.

Since the APC releases (warts and all) and the Puscifer releases I'm guessing Adam and maybe Danny would be holding that off.

By all accounts, Adam's pretty meticulous and it sounds like he'd be squeamish about a live release that wasn't studio-perfect. And Danny has been outspoken about capturing the spectacle of the live shows in the past.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I came across this video, which on its own is already a work of art. But then I read one of the comments which stated "He always looks like he's frustrated with weeds in his garden. Now I can't stop laughing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    3 more years at least.
    I didn't think there were any optimists left in this thread.

My guess was 2020, at the earliest.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    'Smoke on the horizon'

Haha I noted the immediate damage-control from Maynard's 'prove it' comment (see what he's doing in this shot?)… hilarious. Roll on Tool in 2015!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    As cool as the picture is I like to believe nothing is going to happen until their legal woes are taken care of.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    As cool as the picture is I like to believe nothing is going to happen until their legal woes are taken care of.
    But therer was that tapeworm pic and then...
    oh, nevermind.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/1...-studio-album/

Yeah, I find it hilarious here's the "first photo proof of them working on the new album".

So the other 5 times we've heard "they're working" on stuff in the past 3 years was a lie then right?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Can we stop updating this thread unless we're having an insightful conversation or there's some actual news?

What I'm saying is, the incessant negativity is getting old. Even to me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Can somebody help me with this please, i cant seem to find it online. I have the single disc version that omits Stinkfist and has the edited version of Third Eye...

from http://www.collectiveunconscious.org...leteCSBD7.html
    November 23, 1996
    cu.org DAT-1 clone

Source B: DAT --- Core Sound Binaurals > Sony TCD-D7 (Oade Bros Mod II) @ 48 KHZ
    Position: Front of Stack, Right
    Transfer: DAT-M > Tascam DA-20 > coax > Audiophile 24/96 > Sound Forge > WAV (transfer by cu.org/GSP)
    Taper: Jeff Sebastianelli
    Gen: Master Recording or "0" Generation (in WAV)
    MP3 Sample: Right click & save

Notes: At one point there were some other notes regarding this particular source. There was mention about how towards the late 1990's how someone the owner of the DAT Master traded with ended up selling this recording, in an incomplete form (minus the end of 3rd Eye & Stinkfist) to some less than desirable company where it was pressed onto both CDR & silver discs being sold all over the world. Also, the aforementioned recording was called things like "Dirge" or "Third Leg" being recorded at "Houston, TX on 12/12/1996 @ Cullen Auditorium" (obviously wrong information, Tool played in FL on the 12/11 & in TN on 12/13; no way a trip to TX would make sense between). For more information on this, click on that link. There was also mention how up until 2004 only incomplete recordings of this were in circulation. However, at one point, cu.org had in it's possession this master recording; the DAT itself. 12, 13 years old. I made myself a DAT-1 of this in my own mind legendary performance &, hands-down, legendary recording. Sure, this is a standard set list from this era, however, this recording is still the gold standard for which other Tool audience recordings are judged. The clarity, crispness & overall intensity -- it is easy to understand how many, many people truly thought that this was a SBD recording. I think that says quite a bit. Decided to re-transfer this recording so, finally, a master>transfer of this will be able to replace all of the inferior transfers. The 'complete' version floating around right now in la-la cyber-land is from an unknown CDR so, this, definitely is an upgrade. This recording should be the cornerstone of your Tool collection, it is that good.
    edit: Its too bad there isnt any Tool equivalent of RITC...
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-02-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i have the full show but it's not that source. in fact, it pisses me off that i don't have that source!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I also have the full show but I'm not sure what source

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hopefully a bit more confirmation that it'll definitely be next year

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hopefully a bit more confirmation that it'll definitely be next year

Except that isn't the official tool Facebook. It's a fan page. #Tool2018

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still no concrete news...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well except that there is material being worked on (that Maynard has heard and may be working with.)

Their lawsuit will hopefully wrap up in January.

And the band seems frustrated at the lack of progress so far (which is pretty similar to the process for Lateralus).