Page 123 of 263 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Considering how long the wait has been, let there be long tracks. I also wouldn't mind if it was a double album, especially considering that my gut tells me that this will be the last Tool album since it took so long to make.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I wouldn’t really want Maynard shouting “fuck Trump!” But I wouldn’t mind a Year Zero-style album that’s hugely political but not necessarily partisan.

Even with Eat The Elephant and eMOTIVe, APC was careful about keeping the music about commentary society at large and political movements generally.

I mean, yeah, Trent put up pictures of John McCain’s face superimposed on George W. Bush’s at live shows, Maynard told people to get out and vote Bush out of office at APC shows in 2004, and Puscifer had Trump as Godzilla in a video. But art is always a reflection of the time it was created.

Some of our greatest music, artwork, and literature is a reflection on politics and society at large without necessarily loudly shouting “fuck Ronald Reagan in the face.”
    I agree wholeheartedly. Tool's music never really had to say "fuck this or that politician in particular," but if one understands the much larger intellectual context that informed Tool's music, especially songs like Opiate, Eulogy, Aenema, Third Eye, or even The Pot then I don't see how one could miss the ardently subversive and socially charged themes of Tool's music. I hate the term "politics" for this type of discussion because it conjures up notions of the modern political media charade comparing what Barack Obama said in the debate verses what John McCain said, and then how well it was received by talking heads on Fox News, CNN, or how well it scored in a Gallup poll, or if it had enough one liners to get shares on social media . . . . or whoever or whatever example of this kind of crap you want to focus on.

But if you're at all familiar with Karl Marx, or Timothy Leary, or Bill Hicks, or throughout threads in Carl Jung's work, or more directly with the influences that psychedelic drug taking has on cultural values, I don't see how one can really escape the conclusion that Tool's music has some pretty profound political implications that go way way way beyond deciding whether to vote Republican or Democrat.
    Last edited by think i'm a fire engine; 05-16-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’ve always enjoyed that MJK’s lyrics apply broadly and never become about specific names or time periods for the most part, it’s a big reason why I think their work still resonates lyrically. Being informed by the world around you in your art and making art explicitly about the world around you are different things to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maynard called out the fellas in front of a crowd, haha

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/too...for-new-album/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Maynard called out the fellas in front of a crowd, haha

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/too...for-new-album/
    I was there. He just asked them to finish their part so he could finish his and "take this fucking riot gear off."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The show print at the very start of the video is unbelievably hot.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

The show print at the very start of the video is unbelievably hot.
    I got a copy of that poster (#100/680), but I got the unsigned $30 one. I couldn't bring myself to throw down $175 for a signed one no matter how badly I wanted it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Back on track here...

if theres any fans fans in the Colombus area, keep an eye on StubHub. They have 44 tickets and the clinic isn’t sold out. Could get a great experience for cheap.
    They were all still $619 yesterday, and today there are "0 tickets available".

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    They were all still $619 yesterday, and today there are "0 tickets available".
    Haha!! Yeah, I saw last night that there were like 4 left. Maybe they sold them on CL for slightly under face, or someone there is doing some shady shit and has the ability to be refunded. No way they sold them for that money if tickets are still available.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Haha!! Yeah, I saw last night that there were like 4 left. Maybe they sold them on CL for slightly under face, or someone there is doing some shady shit and has the ability to be refunded. No way they sold them for that money if tickets are still available.
    Yeah, I was surprised to see that. I'm sure there was shadiness involved one way or another, because you're right, there's no way in hell that 40+ tickets suddenly sold for hundreds over face value to an event that wasn't even sold out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Indy had a couple of tickets that were $250 the day of...I should've done it.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Spotted Danny & Justin hanging out with Tim Motzer (experimental guitarist in the Fripp mode) and Julie Slick (bassist from Echotest, Adrian Belew Power Trio/Crimson ProjeKct) in this selfie on Facebook. Can I get Justin to spin at my parties while we wait for Adam to get his parts done?
    Last edited by botley; 05-25-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This video claims that there will be a Terence McKenna sample for an interlude with Danny doing a drum solo over it. I can't quite tell what source it's getting that idea from though. Or how true it might be. Anyone else have anything more on that?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Terence McKenna
    ugh.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    ugh.
    Okay, I'll bite. What's your beef?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. What's your beef?
    I'm gonna play "Guess @Harry Seaward 's beef!?"... (I know, that doesn't sound right lol)

Too similar and/or sick of the Tim O'Leary stuff and Bill Hicks and "expanding ones' mind" a la Third Eye?

I could be totally off though...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd rather it not be an actual track. I like the live third eye sample. But the last track on lateralus does not get much play from me, unless listening to the album in full. Give me an earworm instead. It was cool with aenima but fuck, if that news is real then they are becoming way predictable. By the time descending and the segue songs are over we will be left with like, 4 new songs. Does anyone ever seek out vigniti trees?? My guess is not. I like noise but VT is not compelling to me in the least.

I just picked up opiate on vinyl. Sweat is one of their best songs. It's almost like apc's judith pt.1 to me, the way he sings the verses.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I came to post this. Someone always beats me! lol.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Does he actually say “Tool”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Does he actually say “Tool”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah, he just says "A lot of work has been done, I'm going to go on record and say new music next year" but... c'mon, we all know he's talking about TOOL.
    There's going to be a new TOOL album dropping in 2019 whether you guys like it or not.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Remember, this could mean like, December 2019.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL, I can pretty much guarantee a new Puscifer album or EP in spring '19.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tapeworm lives.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Remember, this could mean like, December 2019.
    Kinda like when Trent said "new music next year" in 2015 and then all of 2016 came and went until like the last 2 weeks and people were getting agitated and then he delivered... at the end of the year, haha.

A bunch of bands played "guess when the new TOOL album" will be released in 2019 the other day.
    I wonder who guessed right.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think it will be a new Puscifer album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I think he knows better, but that would be kinda funny. He's well aware that most people (wrongly) think Puscifer (and APC, to a lesser extent) is to blame for the delay on the new Tool album.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think we'll get both. Unless there will be a surprise Puscifer record that comes out this fall, but that might be asking for too much considering his tour schedule this year with APC. He did make a tweet earlier this year that new Puscifer was in the works. I'm guessing we'll get both. 1 will drop in Q2 and the other will drop in Q4. That's my prediction.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'd prefer it to be a new Puscifer album. It's HIS band, vs Tool, which he just kinda writes words / sings for. I've come to find I enjoy his creative output more than Adam's. I'm sure that's a blasphemous thing to say in this thread, but so be it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Maynard James Keenan accused of raping 17 y/o during the Fragility Tour

Ugh...this really bums me out if this turns out to be true.